What's going on with the officiating chapter ????

whsalum

I've been hearing all kind of rumblings about the Beaumont local officiating chapter.I heard thru the grapevine this week that Mike Simpson was resigning from the chapter.I certainly hope this isn't true.Mike isn't only one of the best officials in the chapter but also a great training official for the young folks just getting started.If this is true the chapter hasn't only lost a great asset but the kids and the game have lost a very classy individual.Hope to see you on the floor working the games Mike, it's where you belong.

GENTLEMAN..............

I promise you will once again see the good work of MIKE SIMPSON THIS YEAR..............However unless cooler heads prevail............you maybe missing some of your other favorites(if you have any).  Pray for the leadership of the officials in the Beaumont chapter.  AT the present time..........there are two chapters in the area..........one affiliated with TASO,............the other with UIL..............WE hope that before the season starts that there will be only one chapter........Only time will tell

there will be two chapters tasogroup staying put. uil forming new. uil group board dropped hj and silsbee which led to split up taso group will have mike simpson as training officer and touchet as pres, j jones as vp paul booker as assigning secretary and george coit as admin secretary.training sessions at legacy tuesdays at 7 pm taso group ,touchet,simson,thewman, booker,street,j jones,among vets,w doucet is back.

there will be two chapters tasogroup staying put. uil forming new. uil group board dropped hj and silsbee which led to split up taso group will have mike simpson as training officer and touchet as pres, j jones as vp paul booker as assigning secretary and george coit as admin secretary.training sessions at legacy tuesdays at 7 pm taso group ,touchet,simson,thewman, booker,street,j jones,among vets,w doucet is back.

Explain to me what HJ and Silsbee, just these two schools, have to do with this split of chapters?

I will give you what I heard, any comment on my part is purely off of my recounts of what I heard through the grapevine, and I have not talked to anyone directly.  I will try to sum it up shortly. It started at the last regular season game between HJ and Silsbee. The coaches had agreed earlier in the season about who would call the game, agreed and signed off on. Sometime throughout the season one coach or the other apparently had an issue with one or more of the refs that would be calling the game. So one of the coaches asked if they could have one or more ( i don't know if it was more than one) of the refs removed and replaced with someone else. the chapter sent a list to who was available and both coaches couldn't agree on any other combination. So they agreed to go to another officiating group to get the game called. From what I heard this made several members of the chapter very angry and a few said that the chapter would not call any more of the two schools games the following year.

From what I heard through the grapevine, the decision was made in haste by a few and not brought to the group(the chapter), so it didn't sit well with some of the members of the chapter, some lost confidence in the leadership and direction of the chapter so they split off.

Again most of my accounts of this are from second and third hand information. so take it for what it is worth.

Poppa, I knew about the sitiuation last year with HJ/Silsbee and the chapter, but I did not know that it had such a ripple effect.

I heard some talk at Silsbee's summer tourney but didn't think much of it. I know that there were several officials from the local chapter with their leaders there at the tourney doing some evaluations.

I thought you did, and was just baiting someone in to talk about it. so I thought I would help out. Is that what you heard as well. From what I understand there was a meeting and it was said that anytime HJ played that they would not call thier games. So all of the other schools were going, Hey what did we do.. I think it started out HJ/ Silsbee and somehow or another just ended up being HJ ousted...Who knows...I hope they get it worked out.

HEY GUYS..................

Before this gets way out of hand....The Hj/Silsbee situation has nothing to do with the chapter breaking into two.  It is just some internal situations which hopefully  can be resolved before the season starts  I will tell you that I feel that neither group is wrong...but just need to work out some kinks which gum up the works. I hope that cooler heads will prevail and we will be able to settle this without having to air out our dirty laundry in public.

old ref

Oldref....Say what you want to say..I heard that was the beginning of the end...I will say this , I was tired of going to the lower level games and seeing one poor official on the floor, 2 coaches on the floor, or two refs doing a frsh, jv, and then a varsity game....Something had to give...Change is inevitable when things get that bad. Hopefully these officials can see the light so that it best serves the kids.

Afterall, its about putting the best officials on the floor , and those are the ones that put the best interest of the kids first....bottom line...after that , everything else , the recognition, the money, the big game, the respect from peers , coaches, and players will come....Holla!

• 1 month later...

Absolutely, team. Not enough respect for kids & coaches from the Bmt chapter. Its all about personal gain, not about the game. Leaders of this group using their position for more & better games, that is why I got out & its sickening to watch that go on. More & more refs feel the same from what I hear.... they are moving over to SETX chapter. I'm thinking about coming back this year & it will not be the UIL chapter.

RUAU2

I have been officiating for 17 years.....It has never been about personal gain.  Please do not group everyone in an organization in the same category.  You have your God given right to your opinion, but I would really like an instance when either Coaches or players were treated with disrespect by a member of the Bmt chapter.  It just doesn't happen.  If taking control of a situation constitutes disrespect than many of our officials are guilty

I welcome you to come back to officiating.....No matter what chapter you choose to officiate in.  Why did you leave in the first place?  TOO HOT IN THE KITCHEN?

[quote name="OLDREF" post="647416" timestamp="1253135571"]
HEY GUYS..................

Before this gets way out of hand....The Hj/Silsbee situation has nothing to do with the chapter breaking into two.  It is just some internal situations which hopefully  can be resolved before the season starts  I will tell you that I feel that neither group is wrong...but just need to work out some kinks which gum up the works. I hope that cooler heads will prevail and we will be able to settle this without having to air out our dirty laundry in public.

old ref
[/quote]
Thanks OLDREF It is nice to be informed without all the wild rumors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder