WOS grade Vidor, LCM & Ned

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest knoddyknod

What Nederland will do, is unforeseen. Traditionally, games between WOS and Nederland are high intensity, with similar emotions as Mid-County Madness. It's good for Nederland that they're seen as an underdog; they usually do much better, as opposed to being ranked. It's best to measure a team at the end of the season, than the beginning. The purpose of non-district games is to iron out any question marks and get a feel for what you can or can't do against a high caliber team. It's also a good measuring stick for the offensive and defensive coordinators. I think Nederland will be in pretty good shape, as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot. They have a new quarterback, who is equal to Bellows. Some may even argue that had there been open competition, Tyler Smith might have won the job based on the style at which he passes and his scramble ability. He's more conducive to the spread and his foot speed adds another dimension to the spread formation. There will also be two more wide receivers added to the offense for short and mid-range passing, which were not prevalent during the WOS game. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Ok, we all know WOS is a good measuring stick of your team.

WOS fans, you seen three of 20-4A teams. How does each team stack up? Experts say Vidor wins

district and LCM and Nederland will be bottom feeders. Do you agree with that statement ?

What are the positives and negatives of these 4A teams?

Would like to hear some comments from Gas, Gunho , Coop, Skipper and the bunch who have witnessed all three games.

What Nederland will do, is unforeseen. Traditionally, games between WOS and Nederland are high intensity, with similar emotions as Mid-County Madness. It's good for Nederland that they're seen as an underdog; they usually do much better, as opposed to being ranked. It's best to measure a team at the end of the season, than the beginning. The purpose of non-district games is to iron out any question marks and get a feel for what you can or can't do against a high caliber team. It's also a good measuring stick for the offensive and defensive coordinators. I think Nederland will be in pretty good shape, as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot. They have a new quarterback, who is equal to Bellows. Some may even argue that had there been open competition, Tyler Smith might have won the job based on the style at which he passes and his scramble ability. He's more conducive to the spread and his foot speed adds another dimension to the spread formation. There will also be two more wide receivers added to the offense for short and mid-range passing, which were not prevalent during the WOS game. I guess we'll just wait and see.

WOW possibly better than bellows? I guess you have to have a PMA if possible. Can't wait to see the new guy in district play, but since Kirby was the "best" QB in discrict I would be surprised if Ned could come up with a better one! :o

WOS fans, you seen three of 20-4A teams. How does each team stack up? Experts say Vidor wins

district and LCM and Nederland will be bottom feeders. Do you agree with that statement ?

1. Vidor- I believe Vidor just may win this district. With defenses these days built for speed with smaller lineman in order to better defense the spread. Vidor will be hard to deal with due to that large line that is experienced and they will negate defensive speed by going right at you. I think they will be able to move the ball on any team in that district. Their defense is not bad and will be sufficient enough to slow other teams and keep the ball in their methodical offenses hands for most of the game.

2. LCM- Yes, I believe they really are that much better. They looked like a different program last night and looked good on both sides of the ball. They are very quick, both ways. Of the 3 teams mentioned, they are the fastest hands down. They have a competitor at QB who is experienced and is a leader. They have good recievers and a tough running back with good size. The defense is fast and physical and they fly to the ball. I don't think it's out of the question for LCM to take the third playoff spot, maybe even second if things fall just right. I do not think they are the first place team... yet.

3. Nederland- I just don't think this is going to be Nederlands year, especially after losing Bellows, that is huge! I'm sure the new guy is a good one, Ned always has quality QB's, but the experience they lost with Bellows is not something you can replace. I think Nederland will be competitive and they may take the 2nd or 3rd spot, it just depends on how the ball bounces in pivotal games. But, to me, Ned doesn't have the size or the speed they usually do. In our game, I felt like we could have beat them deep just about whenever we wanted. They simply could not run with us and, on offense, their recievers couldnot run away from us. Their line couldn't keep us out of the backfield. The most promising thing I saw from Nederland was that the run defense looks like it is much better than last year.

I know if you are a Nederland fan, that's doesn't put your team in a real positive light, but I think you were wanting honest opinion from what we saw. I saw all 3 of these games and that is my take.

Edit: after watching the Central/WB game on TV, I really feel like this will be one of those years where no one goes unscathed. Even if Vidor does win the district, I will be surprised if they do it with no losses. Central has good size on their line and could be the team to slow the Vidor run game. In the end, it will be, "PNG beat LCM, who beat Ned, who beat Central, who beat PNG... etc".

Guest pirates

Franks had a terrible game versus LCM. He is overated to date.

OK, Franks had a terrible game in your eyes, does that count? What about his coaches eyes? What about his teammates eyes? And if he did have a terrible game, does that make him overrated? My opinion, no,no,no.

Good luck WOS ;D

I think Gas pretty much stated my take.

I have not seen the other teams but it looks like Ozen might be left out in the cold.LCM has impressed me thus far and will have an impact in the district race I think.Vidor at this point is 1st or 2nd.Ned is a real question mark without Bellows.

Vidor,PNG,Central and Lumberton are the teams to beat at this point in time.The question is will these beat each other up and and give the rest a chance to sneak in.It looks like that kind of year and i wouldn't rule out having to go to a tie breaking system to sort it all out at the end.

I think Gas pretty much stated my take.

I have not seen the other teams but it looks like Ozen might be left out in the cold.LCM has impressed me thus far and will have an impact in the district race I think.Vidor at this point is 1st or 2nd.Ned is a real question mark without Bellows.

Vidor,PNG,Central and Lumberton are the teams to beat at this point in time.The question is will these beat each other up and and give the rest a chance to sneak in.It looks like that kind of year and i wouldn't rule out having to go to a tie breaking system to sort it all out at the end.

Don't count out livingston. I'm sure they will be in the mix at the end of the season ;)

Where is jackthehammer to predict a district championship for the bears?  Bears are quick, defense is built to play spread teams, and 4-5 of the other district teams run the spread.  Quick d-line, good pass coverage, disciplined... #22 needs to be taught how to hold a football though... 

hahaha right you are!  ;D

Jackhammer must've been working when he typed his prediction "LCCM" lol, got a bit of a stutter there huh. I said after LCM took it to Texas City, and yes I know it was just a scrimmage, that they are going to be tougher than some expect this year and sneak up on someone. I'm just hoping they don't sneak up on L-Town, let us get our sole district championship would ya guys. we've never gotten the chance to claim that trophy on our own yet......hehe

you are right 4-5 run the spread. the other runs the wing t. the wing t thus far is short for flat run you over. almost 900 yrds rushing in two games that is just unreal. the stats dont lie. lcm couldnt hang with wos vidor beat wos in pre season. ned got spanked by wos. and as far as franks being overrated..... this opinion is coming from the same guys that are pickin the bears to win the district.lol come on guys its one thing to support your team and another to just live in lala land. im not tryin to be a jerk but one of the most talented kids in southeast texas needs to be talked about as such. thanks

Would like to hear some comments from Gas, Gunho , Coop, Skipper and the bunch who have witnessed all three games.

I can't believe you would want Coops opinion over mine  LOL  It's early but what I saw from Vidor was an offensive line that really came off the ball very well which is a big key to the type of offense that Vidor runs. Nederland needs good play from QB position. I do not understand why Big Ned has gone to the spread because I have always thought their old offense was much more productive than the spread. Those long drives of running the ball and the quick traps with the fullback always worked great. LCM has a new attitude and is at least trying to play as hard as they can for their new coach. I never saw them give up the other night and that was a big change. Vidor by far the better of the three at this point with LCM and Nederland about equal with the loss of Bellow.

lcm couldnt hang with wos vidor beat wos in pre season.

Now hold on...i went to that SCRIMMAGE and WO-S was not acting like it was a game.  Shame on them for that, but Vidor shouldn't go around flounting that.  Vidor tied WO-S in a SCRIMMAGE last year.  And what do you mean "Couldn't Hang?"  They lost by 14 and had some seriously bad breaks. And those 900 yards aren't "unreal" against who they played, with all due respect to Kelly and St. Pius.  I have an immense ammount of respect for this Vidor team, and besides LCM i'll root for them against ANYBODY, but let's not get too PNG-like this early in the season

Franks had a terrible game versus LCM. He is overated to date.

OK, Franks had a terrible game in your eyes, does that count? What about his coaches eyes? What about his teammates eyes? And if he did have a terrible game, does that make him overrated? My opinion, no,no,no.

Good luck WOS ;D

pirates,  i can  tell, you  didn`t see the WOS-LCM game.  (overrated to date)  is accurate. if i thought praying would help, i would pray that  #7 comes out of his "FUNK" before its too late.

lcm couldnt hang with wos vidor beat wos in pre season.

Now hold on...i went to that SCRIMMAGE and WO-S was not acting like it was a game.  Shame on them for that, but Vidor shouldn't go around flounting that.  Vidor tied WO-S in a SCRIMMAGE last year.  And what do you mean "Couldn't Hang?"  They lost by 14 and had some seriously bad breaks. And those 900 yards aren't "unreal" against who they played, with all due respect to Kelly and St. Pius.  I have an immense ammount of respect for this Vidor team, and besides LCM i'll root for them against ANYBODY, but let's not get too PNG-like this early in the season

Are you saying shame on WOS for playing a scrimmage like a scrimmage instead you think they should have played it like a game?????????????????

Well this is one Dog fan that thinks some of you guys thinking that Big Ned is going to be a cellar dweller is kind of premature. Yep we lost a good QB, but you know it's and amazing thing that each year we manage to put someone in the position that keeps the Dogs moving and Tyler Smith will be no different. You guys just keep on thinking how bad we are going to be, we love it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83