Grade your team

BigWolf10

Newton overall right now I would give a B.

Offence has a A- as we are doing most things well. Still room for improvement.

Defence has a C+. Not making adjustments during game.IMO not kids problem.

Special teams B. Kick coverage needs improvement. Giving up too many yards.

Kids efforts A++.

Newton just needs a few more games like last night against Silsbee to hone their edge for the playoffs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton overall right now I would give a B.

Offence has a A- as we are doing most things well. Still room for improvement.

Defence has a C+. Not making adjustments during game.IMO not kids problem.

Special teams B. Kick coverage needs improvement. Giving up too many yards.

Kids efforts A++.

Newton just needs a few more games like last night against Silsbee to hone their edge for the playoffs.

Looks like the Eagles are back :)

Jag Grade 1st District game

Offense: I give them a A+, they scored every single time we needed it. The running game and passing game was clicking pretty good. i was pleased.

Defense: I give them a B, they gave up too many yards, even though I know Vidor's execution was part of the problem, still gave up too many yds

:(

special Teams: I give them a A, b/c they helped us win this game. although the onside miscue could've been costly, the made PAT's the two point conversion and the good returns helped us win. Oh yea, that last long return we gave Vidor was a heart breaker. You still held your own.

Overall: I give us a A. Well fought game. Never gave up and pulled out the victory

Well I am a Jaguar alumni so let me try this out!!!

Offense - B+

The offense is much improved this year and has plenty of different looks and sets to attack opponents with.  However, their is still a lack of execution in the passing game that hurts and some wrinkles that have not been ironed out!!! The line is great at run blocking but still needs help in the passing game.  The two RB's are truly A+ which helps the score alot.  The receivers are big and fast but need to hold on to the ball.  The talent is their at QB if we give him time, but he needs to let go of the ball just a tad bit earlier!!!

Defense - A

This team is the hardest hitting Jag team in years!!! These boys believe in bringing that hat!!! There are sure tacklers here too, that wrap up and carry through on the tackle.  The front seven is really strong though they don't blitz ever down like past teams.  This is more of a contain defense.  Last year was big risk / big reward.  Though 80 % of the time the pinned back ears blitz defense did its job, it left Central open to big plays which hurt them at times.  This D is a containment D with situational blitz thatreally addresses the big play.  However the dbs tend to fall asleep looking at the QB and not WR.  This is correctable, though...

Special teams - C

There is big play potential with the speedsters on special teams.  The punter is good with distance and height on his kicks... Truly a surprise.  The Field goal kicker is at best average but the ball doesn't always get to him or the punter.  We really need to sure up the deep snapper.  His snaps could lose games for the Jags!!!

Nicely Wrote..From what i hear My Nephew told me that they've been through every snapper this week..so this should get better,,Other than that your Accurate on all points..And the Secondary Should get better these are all 1st time starters so just a few early  season Jitters..

And your right..This years Defense Brings the Hat HARD :D..Cant wait for the Vidor, Central Game

Thats good to here...I hope Central puts it on them!!

I certainly don't condone injuring players on purpose, but Central D, hit the Peerats hard enough that when L-Town plays them and makes the first hard hit they have flashbacks and get scared.  :D

Vidor always plays us scared and I dont see this year being any different ;D

peerats i like it oldtimer

did vidor play you "scared" last night???

Jasper Bulldogs

Offense-B. In the first two weeks Jasper didn't do so hot with all of the turnovers but they have really stepped it up these past two weeks and have proved they aren't an offense to be messed around with

Defense-B. I give the dawgs a b because of this. At Gilmer the defense held them to only a touchdown at the half but then came out and played sloppy. At Kirbyville they definitely showed improvement by not giving up. Against WOS and HF Jaspers defense was raw. They intercepted wos like 4 times in that game and returned one for a touchdown and against HF (even though there offense is not so good) held them to 13 and returned a 90 yard int for a td.

Special teams-C. They are getting good yards on returns but are also giving up yards on the other teams returns.

Head Coach- A. Mike Bickham is amazing. He has changed this team dramatically from last year. After the loss of dominique bailey, Kwame Spikes and much more Jasper was predicted to be even worse this year and look at what happened.....THEY ARE EVEN BETTER.

Jasper has a great overall team this year they just need to keep working on the turnovers and stop committing so many penalties.

GO DAWGS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami