Lumberton vs. Barbers Hill Predictions?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly cloudy to cloudy with a good chance of showers and thunderstorms through the day. Locally heavy rainfall and isolated severe storms possible.

Wind

Variable 0-8 increasing to E-SE 3-10 mid morning

Precip

40% through 10am, 30% 10am to 2pm, 50% 2pm to 8pm, 30% 8pm to midnight. Precipitation amounts 0.25 to 0.75 inch. Isolated totals to 2.50+ inches.

Temp

Morning Low:  73ºF High:  90ºF RH:  49% Heat Index:  92 - 97ºF

Just left Stallworth stadium and Goose creek is getting it handed to them. I think they came in a lil over confident from beating a not so worthy opponent last week. BH played a tough game against a tough opponent. They will be ready to play. I don't think lumberton can say that.....Who did they play last week.....Over inflated egos....EXACTLY

I keep hearing these comments about how BH hung with PN-G, as if PN-G is the team to beat in SE Texas or something. No offense to Indian faithful but PN-G was 3-7 (I think) last year and averaged around 19 points a game. I still feel like BH has a good chance to "upset" Lumberton tonight but I don't know that we need to hand a team coming off of a 3-7 season the district trophy just yet. In fact, if BH is as improved as I feel they are, I'm surprised they didn't beat PN-G themselves last week. Then again, the Indians may have regrouped in the off-season and may put it to the rest of 20-4A this season. Right now, I don't know that we have enough to go off of to refer to them as a "tough opponent" for anyone. Good Luck Raiders!

Why would it be a upset if BH won??? Is it because Lumberton has had 2 winning seasons in there history?? I'd like to know why.

The lights are on in the inside of the pressbox and the scoreboard is working. They are working deligently to get it ready. And nobody is giving PNG anything, they played hard. I don't know the exact stats but I know BH had more yards on offense, twice has many first downs and won the time of posesion, but 7 turnovers will do it just about everytime. Its hard to overcome that many.

Just left Stallworth stadium and Goose creek is getting it handed to them. I think they came in a lil over confident from beating a not so worthy opponent last week. BH played a tough game against a tough opponent. They will be ready to play. I don't think lumberton can say that.....Who did they play last week.....Over inflated egos....EXACTLY

I keep hearing these comments about how BH hung with PN-G, as if PN-G is the team to beat in SE Texas or something. No offense to Indian faithful but PN-G was 3-7 (I think) last year and averaged around 19 points a game. I still feel like BH has a good chance to "upset" Lumberton tonight but I don't know that we need to hand a team coming off of a 3-7 season the district trophy just yet. In fact, if BH is as improved as I feel they are, I'm surprised they didn't beat PN-G themselves last week. Then again, the Indians may have regrouped in the off-season and may put it to the rest of 20-4A this season. Right now, I don't know that we have enough to go off of to refer to them as a "tough opponent" for anyone. Good Luck Raiders!

Why would it be a upset if BH won??? Is it because Lumberton has had 2 winning seasons in there history?? I'd like to know why.

Perhaps because Lumberton is coming off two back-to-back winning seasons and PNG, despite their history, is not.  Regardless of that, those that say it's far too early to have enough inforrmation to make an educated prediction are correct.  At this point, it's anybody's game, and that, my friends, is the unvarnished truth.

Good luck to both teams and I hope the weather holds out.  We can't make the trip, as we've got one that has to be at work tonight and will need a ride home sooner than we'd be back.

Perhaps because Lumberton is coming off two back-to-back winning seasons and PNG, despite their history, is not.  Regardless of that, those that say it's far too early to have enough inforrmation to make an educated prediction are correct.  At this point, it's anybody's game, and that, my friends, is the unvarnished truth.

Good luck to both teams and I hope the weather holds out.  We can't make the trip, as we've got one that has to be at work tonight and will need a ride home sooner than we'd be back.

dittos to Raider81...couldn't have said it better myself.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder