Lumberton vs. Barbers Hill Predictions?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what we will do for seating on the Lumberton side. That stadium WILL NOT hold our fans. We played A playoff game there two years ago. Luckily, we were on the home side. I noticed the visitor side was EXTREMELY inadequate.

Look, I really hope Lumberton can fill it, but nobody but Dayton has ever filled it during a regular season game (even PNG)...not so sure they did either since half the people in BH-Dayton are related somehow and they probably sat on both sides LOL.  It does LOOK very small compared to home side though.  The band stands arent to good though.  But we'll fix that one of these days.

The pressbox is a work in progress deal. It may not be completed but it will be complete enough to use to anounce the game. In other words look for the announcer he will be wearing a Hard hat & safety glasses. LOL!!

Thanks for the update!!  Maybe they should have started working on it before the end of July...not sure, but maybe.

Good line about the hard hat and glasses, LOL!

Is the scoreboard just a generic scoreboard again, or did we get something nice????  Since I'm too far away to pop-over and see, somebody please let me know.  I'm hoping to catch a game in October when I'm back home, so I do appreciate all of y'alls posts; this wayward Eagle appreciates it  ...and I do hope the Eagles take it to Lumberton!

one thing for sure is if the bh coaches dont actually learn how to coach and quit wondering what momma and daddy going to think about them then their going to have a very long season. end of story.

This doesn't sound good. Sounds like coach has a distraction.

LTrain gonna edge out a victory here!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I heard BH looked good on film. I'm wondering though...Is BH actually pretty good or is PNG just not very good. I guess Lumberton will find out Fri. night. Something tells me this will be a tough, close game for Lumberton.

I heard BH looked good on film. I'm wondering though...Is BH actually pretty good or is PNG just not very good. I guess Lumberton will find out Fri. night. Something tells me this will be a tough, close game for Lumberton.

Thats the question, we really don't know...I know several of us have wondered the same thing.  I'll say this again though, BH is better right now than they were at any point in the season last year.  Lumberton will come to play, so I guess we'll find out Friday.

Is the scoreboard just a generic scoreboard again, or did we get something nice????  Since I'm too far away to pop-over and see, somebody please let me know.  I'm hoping to catch a game in October when I'm back home, so I do appreciate all of y'alls posts; this wayward Eagle appreciates it  ...and I do hope the Eagles take it to Lumberton!

It's probably not the greatest scoreboard in the world, I personally don't care for the two Eagles with the yellow circle around them...with that said, this is by far the nicest scoreboard we've ever had at the Hill.  Overall I think it's really sharp and no where near like the other generic boards we've had.  On a scale from 1 to 10 I give it a nine.

Guest gladiator2

They do not have enough room on the visitor's side. We had PNG fan's sitting on the home side last year. Lumberton brings a good crowd and will have to do the same.

one thing for sure is if the bh coaches dont actually learn how to coach and quit wondering what momma and daddy going to think about them then their going to have a very long season. end of story.

You gotta be kidding me!!  You make your very first post on this site and it is something like this!!  Believe me, these coaches could care less what momma and daddy think.  Sometimes I think they should but they really don't.

As for the game.  I believe it will be a lot closer than the Raider faithful would like to think.  I know it sounds like a cliche, but if we do away with the turnovers we will move the ball and score.  The Defense will have their work cut out for them again.  Our secondary will find out how good they are, 1 way or another.

Lumberton may fill the stands ,but PNG didn't come close! I alway here that PNG was sitting on our side, but if they did I have know idea why because there was plenty of room on the visitor side. I did however go to that Smiley/Lumberton game and they had our home side busting at the seems, so Bring those fans Lumberton if we run out of room you can come to our side, just don't sit in the seats with the backs ;D Those are OURS ;D.

Score board is a huge improvement for those that haven't seen it! OF course they could have thrown a jumbo tron in it, but maybe that will come ;D

Goodluck to the Eagles I know you can win this game!! For the lumberton fans have a save trip and enjoy the game! One thing we do have on the vistor side is Parking ;D

Lumberton may fill the stands ,but PNG didn't come close! I alway here that PNG was sitting on our side, but if they did I have know idea why because there was plenty of room on the visitor side. I did however go to that Smiley/Lumberton game and they had our home side busting at the seems, so Bring those fans Lumberton if we run out of room you can come to our side, just don't sit in the seats with the backs ;D Those are OURS ;D.

Score board is a huge improvement for those that haven't seen it! OF course they could have thrown a jumbo tron in it, but maybe that will come ;D

Goodluck to the Eagles I know you can win this game!! For the lumberton fans have a save trip and enjoy the game! One thing we do have on the vistor side is Parking ;D

Looks to be a good game, but I am going with BH just to make it interesting. Very close within 1 TD either way.

Looks to be a good game, but I am going with BH just to make it interesting. Very close within 1 TD either way.

Come on Pirate your suppose to pull for 20-4A  ;D

You know you guys keep harping on the fact that PNG did not pack the house last year in BH, but you do realize that PN and Groves were going under a mandatory evacuation from Hurricane Gustav the next day right? I know of a lot of folks that didn't make the trip because they either had to work in Hurricane prep or were making arrangements for evacuation on Saturday.

i think L-town takes this one!  Gana be a good test for out defense.  I watched the video between PNG and BH and neither team impressed me the way lumberton did in their game.  All of lumbertons passes were right on and the D looked impressive! 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lumberton play HF a 3-A team picked last in their district?  If that's true then no wonder your passes were all on target and your defense looked so good.  Ya'll may still come over here and stomp a mud hole in us(I don't believe it for a minute) but I think you should play a little better team before you talk about how great your doing.

BH fans were all very surprised Friday with the performance from our team, we are much improved (right now) from the team last year.  But I don't think any of us are ready to say that we are a good team, the verdict is still out on that one.  I just think it's amusing that ya'll are that confident after one game with a sub par team (no offense to HF).

Thankfully, this was the second year against HF, you can bet next year will be a different opponent, maybe will get to go spank on WOS..........lol  ;D

You know people can say all they want about "don't under estimate" this team...but the truth is are any of us playing this friday nite? Nope....Im sure both coaches will have their teams pumped, focused, and prepared. Well, I know Coach Creduer will! Good luck to both  ;D

If the people on here were playing on Friday nights it would be State Championship after State Championship and so on, i think its funny, i know my old A _ _ cant go out there and play with them boy's there would have to be a medivac on hand if i did   ;D

Shoot, as for me, I don't even run to the bathroom anymore!

I don't know what we will do for seating on the Lumberton side. That stadium WILL NOT hold our fans. We played A playoff game there two years ago. Luckily, we were on the home side. I noticed the visitor side was EXTREMELY inadequate.

Look, I really hope Lumberton can fill it, but nobody but Dayton has ever filled it during a regular season game (even PNG)...not so sure they did either since half the people in BH-Dayton are related somehow and they probably sat on both sides LOL.  It does LOOK very small compared to home side though.  The band stands arent to good though.  But we'll fix that one of these days.

When we played Smiley(?) there in the playoffs, we not only filled the home stands at BH, we also had probably close to half of the visitor side stands also. Don't be suprised if we fill up the visitors side. Hopefully the concession stands will be able to better handle the crowd, it was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait for the playoffs, I think I waited through nearly a complete quarter just to get a drink.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn