Kirby Bellow.....Will be Back For Baseball!!

Kirby is going to the knee Dr. on Monday.  He went to the Dr.(not a knee surgeon) today and its most likely an isolated MCL tear with the worse case ACL injury.  MCL is the better of the two to tear if you had to pick.  Hope he can make a speedy recovery and be back on the baseball field this spring.  Good Luck Kirby!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirby is going to the knee Dr. on Monday.  He went to the Dr.(not a knee surgeon) today and its most likely an isolated MCL tear with the worse case ACL injury.  MCL is the better of the two to tear if you had to pick.  Hope he can make a speedy recovery and be back on the baseball field this spring.   Good Luck Kirby!

I hope it is not something serious. Hopefully he will be fine and no other injuries occur to any of our area players!

Guest pirates

Kirby,

Best wishes from Vidor.  We are praying that the injury is not serious and you can get back to doing what you want to do in life.  Good luck to you and your community.

I truly hate to hear of another player injuring their knee. Kirby I truly do hope you heal your knee fast. My dad is a big Nederland fan and he was so upset when this injury occurred.  I myself have had both of my knee's injured in football and had to have 2 acl surgery's..  Old days was opening your knee wide open, but today is alot different with only 3 small incisions for orthoscopic surgery. If you do have surgery in this manner you will be back on your feet in no time at all rehabing !  Don't let any injury get you down ! You have a very big future in front of you !  This will not set you back for college !  Above all I truly do hope you don't have a major injury and that it is only a minor injury and that you will be back on the field in no time at all. We will keep you in our prayers !!!  Keep your head up and stay positive and you will be just fine. God Bless !

Am i the only one who sees him playing football as a BAD decision? Why risk the scholarship (that is not in ink yet) on football. Baseball is his future, and playing football does nothing but put him at risk for potential injury.  I hope this injury does not turn out to be something serious.  If so you can bet on augie pulling that offer, off the table.

Am i the only one who sees him playing football as a BAD decision? Why risk the scholarship (that is not in ink yet) on football. Baseball is his future, and playing football does nothing but put him at risk for potential injury.  I hope this injury does not turn out to be something serious.  If so you can bet on augie pulling that offer, off the table.

It may be hard convincing a high school senior not to play football..........especially the starting QB. If his injury turns out to be serious, and I pray that it is not, I would not be so sure about Augie pulling his offer. Schools have honored offers to injured players all of the time....besides he would only be a freshman anyway. 

Best wishes to Kirby from Barbers Hill and Angelina.

Guest Ranger83

Speedy recovery and best wishes from Baytown.

This is all part of God's plan for you that we know nothing about. So keep your head and your spirits up!

The Jacobs Family

Am i the only one who sees him playing football as a BAD decision? Why risk the scholarship (that is not in ink yet) on football. Baseball is his future, and playing football does nothing but put him at risk for potential injury.  I hope this injury does not turn out to be something serious.  If so you can bet on augie pulling that offer, off the table.

Not necessarily a bad thing.  Injuries can happen anywhere anytime.  I quit football after my freshman year to avoid injury and was the starting varsity catcher as a sophomore.  The weekend before district started I was in a collision at the plate and tore my MCL.  Out for the year.  If it is going to happen there is no stopping it!!

Good luck on a speedy recovery!

From what I understand, Kirby wanted to be out there with his team.  I don't believe not playing was ever even an issue with him.  He is a great competitive athlete.  It would be hard for any high school senior to give up playing his senior year.  Also from what I read about Augie, he likes the boys who play football; it helps them build character and disipline.  Kirby will be back up and going in no time leading us to the baseball playoffs again in the spring!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa