20-4A Champs ?

Surely some predictions have changed since the last 20-4A Poll !!!   

175 members have voted

1. 1. Surely some predictions have changed since the last 20-4A Poll !!!

• Central
    • Livingston
    • LC-M
    • Lumberton
    • Nederland
    • Ozen
    • PN-G
    • Vidor

While I hope Vidor does it, I see Nederland in the top spot this year. I'm glad we are coming in strong this year, but Nederland I have to say brings a winning program to the table year in and year out not. That is what Vidor needs to strive for, and not just a winning program every once in a blue moon.

I didn't agree with the Dave Campbell ranking. Even told BmtSoulja1 so in a phone conversation. I think we are actually a good second or third place contender this year ... which will be great. Teams like Nederland seem to breed success every year and I think will take the district crown this year. I see it like this:

1. Nederland

2. Vidor

3. Central

4. Lumberton

And before some other Vidor fans start calling me a hater, just look at our program logically. Although I do hope that they prove me wrong and Dave Campbell right. But I'll have to play the Doubting Thomas card until I actually see them do it. I just want to see them make playoffs.

I gott go with the raiders, just because i played under the coaches and practiced with some of these guys. Coach C and the other great coaches will have these guys ready to play every friday night.. so heres my predictions..

1. Lumberton

2.Nederland

3.Vidor

4.Livingston

Nederland will get left out this year ...

I thought that earlier this summer as well, when the rumor was that Bellows was not going to play and focus only on baseball. But with the best QB in 20-4A coming back? No way they are left out. Plus I believe Lovelace (sp?) will be bruising it up like their running back (his name escapes me at the moment -- was it Grogan?) did last year. Expect the same look from the Bulldogs this year.

And, while PN-G may look better under their new coach, no one goes from zero to hero in one year. I see PN-G getting 4 wins or so in route to building up a strong program again though.

(And before you Indian faithful say we have pulled a zero to hero this year, compare our records last year. Vidor has built up to this year off last year's program.)

I thought that earlier this summer as well, when the rumor was that Bellows was not going to play and focus only on baseball. But with the best QB in 20-4A coming back? No way they are left out. Plus I believe Lovelace (sp?) will be bruising it up like their running back (his name escapes me at the moment -- was it Grogan?) did last year. Expect the same look from the Bulldogs this year.

And, while PN-G may look better under their new coach, no one goes from zero to hero in one year. I see PN-G getting 4 wins or so in route to building up a strong program again though.

(And before you Indian faithful say we have pulled a zero to hero this year, compare our records last year. Vidor has built up to this year off last year's program.)

It does happen. Look at PNG in the late 80's the year before Danny Malone took over we went 1-9. The next year, his first year as coach we went 12-2 and lost in the Semi's so yes it DOES happen. Will it happen this year? that is yet to be determined.

It does happen. Look at PNG in the late 80's the year before Danny Malone took over we went 1-9. The next year, his first year as coach we went 12-2 and lost in the Semi's so yes it DOES happen. Will it happen this year? that is yet to be determined.

I should have said that a turnaround that drastic isn't the norm. Thanks for pointing that out.

I do see you guys making a turnaround though. I met your coach and he seems like a great guy. But I don't think I'd hold my breath for a playoff record under a brand new coach's system from last year's.

Best of luck though ... except when you play us or Central.

I should have said that a turnaround that drastic isn't the norm. Thanks for pointing that out.

I do see you guys making a turnaround though. I met your coach and he seems like a great guy. But I don't think I'd hold my breath for a playoff record under a brand new coach's system from last year's.

Best of luck though ... except when you play us or Central.

8) 8)

His name was Grogan, but I seem to remember he was not that affective against us last year. It was Bellows and Cardinas that beat us. Hopefully we will be able to defend the pass better than last year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder