Hull-Daisetta/Deweyville Scrimmage

Final was 2 - 1 HD

HD has a very scrappy team that has a very good RB #32 I believe, they will be good this year.

Deweyville needs to work on 3 things: 1st discipline, 2nd blocking and 3rd tackling.  Unless these areas are addressed this will be a very long and difficult year for the Pirates.   Need some leaders to stepup for the Pirates and right the ship before district starts.

Good game by both teams.  HD defensive line dominated after the first series and Deweyville had more speed than i expected.  Overall it was a good scrimmage for both teams and now HD can get ready for the REAL game on friday August 28th in Hardin.  I guarantee they will be ready for that one.

Final was 2 - 1 HD

HD has a very scrappy team that has a very good RB #32 I believe, they will be good this year.

Deweyville needs to work on 3 things: 1st discipline, 2nd blocking and 3rd tackling.  Unless these areas are addressed this will be a very long and difficult year for the Pirates.   Need some leaders to stepup for the Pirates and right the ship before district starts.

VERYY well put. And Hull jus wasnt all that they were talked up to be. Deweyville also played terrible..  Considering they held their own against Kirbyville but let HD score on them TWICE!!  Good Luck to both in coming up games.

Final was 2 - 1 HD

Deweyville needs to work on 3 things: 1st discipline, 2nd blocking and 3rd tackling.  Unless these areas are addressed this will be a very long and difficult year for the Pirates.   Need some leaders to stepup for the Pirates and right the ship before district starts.

The final score was 1-0 H-D. You only count the live 2 quarters of game style. The 12 warm up plays both teams got does not count. Bottom line is H-D is a 1A team and has now beat two 2A teams, not suppose to happen. Deweyville has a tough and solid team, the middle of their defense is real good. Their running back is a good player.

Final was 2 - 1 HD

VERYY well put. And Hull jus wasnt all that they were talked up to be. Deweyville also played terrible..  Considering they held their own against Kirbyville but let HD score on them TWICE!!   Good Luck to both in coming up games.

TALKED UP TO BE !!!!!!!! Dude we are not even ranked in this area !!!!! Evadale and West Hardin are though. Everyone outside of H-D says we suck. You must be confused. H-D will win District, and show the people that over looked us. GO BOBCATS.

Final was 2 - 1 HD

The final score was 1-0 H-D. You only count the live 2 quarters of game style. The 12 warm up plays both teams got does not count. Bottom line is H-D is a 1A team and has now beat two 2A teams, not suppose to happen. Deweyville has a tough and solid team, the middle of their defense is real good. Their running back is a good player.

You count live qtrs, I count total scores since both was against 1st teams.

Don't think i'd get too excited by "beating" a couple of 2A teams.  No disrespect, but I'm not sure how well those teams you named are expected to do in their own districts.  

There are a number of things that can derail a team, especially a small school, along the way---injuries and grades being 2 biggies. Not to mention the "BIG HEAD".  Don't get too overconfident.

Good Luck to all of ya'll this season.

I believe the two 2A's that mighty Hull has beat so far will end up last and next to last in their districts.(no disrespect, just my opinion).  Hull has a good team no doubt, but I don't think anyone from Deweyville will disagree when I say, the Pirates are down from the last few years and have some work to do.  And Warren, don't know whats going on with that program. 

So congrats to HD, some stiffer competition is just around the corner.  Enjoy!

Don't think i'd get too excited by "beating" a couple of 2A teams.  No disrespect, but I'm not sure how well those teams you named are expected to do in their own districts.  

There are a number of things that can derail a team, especially a small school, along the way---injuries and grades being 2 biggies. Not to mention the "BIG HEAD".  Don't get too overconfident.

Good Luck to all of ya'll this season.

Hey dumb donkey, H-D is a 1A !!! Anytime you beat bigger schools it can't be a bad thing !!! Both Warren and Deweyville would do well in our District, and we will see when Warren beats West Hardin !!!

I dont appreciate the status quo comment about the personal fouls. One was a late hit by a kid playing all out, but the double technical was on both sides and was for our two defensive tackles destroying the fullback on a fake and he didnt like getting hit without the ball and came up with a bad attitude and a nasty mouth.

Good to hear from you roger. Hope you get to see one of Andrews games this year. He's playing defensive tackle/nose guard this year.

I think were gonna go to the High Island game on thursday. I think he stll kinda misses those guys. I know coach Neeley misses him.

Final was 2 - 1 HD

Deweyville needs to work on 3 things: 1st discipline, 2nd blocking and 3rd tackling.  Unless these areas are addressed this will be a very long and difficult year for the Pirates.   Need some leaders to stepup for the Pirates and right the ship before district starts.

[move]Discipline = Coaches        Discipline = Coaches      Discipline = Coaches    Discipline = Coaches      Discipline = Coaches[/move]

I think both teams actually looked pretty good for a scrimmage. Deweyville was big and physical like they always are, and did have some pretty good speed. Their running back is a pretty tough cookie, and will do well this year if he can get some decent blocking. HD impressed me in the fact that they were pretty physical right back against a bigger Pirate line. I know HD kept things pretty vanilla with the Hardin scouts in the stands. Good luck to the Pirates this season, I think they have alot of potential.

I think both teams actually looked pretty good for a scrimmage. Deweyville was big and physical like they always are, and did have some pretty good speed. Their running back is a pretty tough cookie, and will do well this year if he can get some decent blocking. HD impressed me in the fact that they were pretty physical right back against a bigger Pirate line. I know HD kept things pretty vanilla with the Hardin scouts in the stands. Good luck to the Pirates this season, I think they have alot of potential.

A class post right there. HD will also be in the thick this year.

A class post right there. HD will also be in the thick this year.

Thanks DP#1FAN. I call it like I see it ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83