BH Vs. Cleveland Saturday!!!!!Indians Win

BHFAN

I really could care less about BH but this scrimmage did not matter so no need to get worked up.  Cleveland is good and will murder their district.  Dayton got beat by a 3A as well and they arent crying about the upcoming season.  they will go out and win district just like they did last year. Scrimmages are to see what you need to work on, not to win.  Winning a scrimmage doesnt mean crap.  Ask the Texans, they always win during the pre-season. lol.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go-rilla - you are correct, Shows was a solid back and a work-horse. BH has had some good backs going back into the late 90's

Phillip Davis (unbelievable athlete)

Chris Methner (tough as nails)

Thurman Blake (work horse and tough)

Perry Carrington (quick and had speed)

Casey Shows (hard working - tough)

As I mentioned earlier the Pattons and Little. Those are just the backs. Sorry if I left anybody off -

Yes BH has had some good talent come through the past 10 years +, but when you get in the playoffs and get passed the 1st/2nd rounds everyone is good.

Also no disrespect to our kids the last 2/3 years, but the talent pool has dropped off and it hasn't help that we did go 4A. That's even more reason for the kids to be working harder. The coaches push them to their limits in athletics but after school and summer time is when you also have to prepare to win, and going to the rec center and doing curls isn't going to help. Don't get me wrong the numbers have increased of kids working after school and summer time this past year. Keep up the hard work. I've heard stories about how the coaches had to run the kids out of the weight room in the early 2000's - they loved to work and I believe as the younger kids came up they just expected to win because they wore Barbers Hill on their jersey (not gioing to happen), especially playing against Dayton, King, NF and Crosby. As you know we're not playing the smaller/weaker 3A schools anymore.

BH Fan, I didn't relize that when you went off to college to get a teaching/coachng degree that you selected what classification you wanted to coach? They didn't tell me that at SFA. Somebody help me with that one. I didn't know that their was strictly 4A coahces out there? As for you being a burger flipper - somebody has to do it. As long as you don't burn them or spit on peoples food.

What I thought was unique was the way that the Cleveland COACHES got involved in the game a lot and I mean a lot of FIRE! on both sides of the ball for Cleveland. Something you haven't seen at the Hill in a long time, it is part of the game I don't care what you think! Somebody needs to get slapped DOWN!

Guest Ranger83

It was a scrimmage! Period. Do you really think any team goes into a scrimmage with a "game plan"? No! It's a glorified "practice" against an opponent! Do not celebrate a scrimmage "victory" and do not hang your heads in a scrimmage "loss".

Its so easy to sit back and criticize. I learned years ago when my kids were younger, whether its optimist club football or LL baseball, generally the people or parents that criticized the most were the ones that did the least, never stepped up to the plate and did their part, just complained. Everbody on this site has right to express their opinions, but just remember the 38 kids that make up this football team have made the sacrifices for years to perform at their best. They hit the weight rooms, practiced during heat that has been 100 degrees plus on most days. Their 16 -18 years old ,their somebodies son, grandsons, brothers or friends. They made the choice to stick out and represent their school and town when many gave it up years ago. I don't care if their on the football team, drill team or in the band, they have all worked hard and and sacrificed so you could see it all for about $5.00. Just Remember whenthat pass falls short this year or a boy  Misses a tackle or block it won't be because he didn't care it will be because he's a 16 to 18 year old young man and he sometimes he may fall short, But I can assure you, nobody will feel worse than he will. So encourage these young men , give them a word of encouragement and enjoy the best entertainment that $5.00 can buy.These guys aren't a bunch of pro players that still whine when they make 5 and 10 million bucks a year, their your neighbors kids that are still learning and growing up. If you want to whine go pay a $100 bucks to see the Texans and $20.00 bucks to park your car and 10 bucks for you beer.I'll stay right here and support these kids and the coaches...By the way do you have any idea of the hours those guys put in.. Probably not.

Probably the best post I read on here yet.

Out of curiosity, I would like for one of you three or four offensive geniuses to please tell me what "same" run plays Barbers Hill has been running for years.  As you are obviously experts on the subject, please be specific and don't just refer to the plays as run up the middle or outside.  Also, since you are so in-tune with offensive football, can any of you tell me what defense Cleveland was playing.  Just trying to get a handle on your vast knowledge of football before getting more specific.  tnt mom, feel free to comment.  Don't be concerned about your lack of knowledge, no one else seems to be bothered by it.

Man you guys are going for the throat after a scrimmage? Scrimmage is just that and not a real game so calm down. Eagles will be ready come time to play PNG.

I dont have a dog in this fight but I think it is somewhat amusing the BH people think they have had loaded teams over the years. All those years playing in 3a wouldnt have meant squat had they been in lee or sterlings district in the mid 90's. When I came thru, the kids that couldnt hack it at RSS moved to BH..one couldnt hack it in baseball or football and transferred out there and I beleive made all state.  Just wait till in two years your are 5A! The we are better than you attitude is old and nothing you have done recently backs it up.

I dont have a dog in this fight but I think it is somewhat amusing the BH people think they have had loaded teams over the years. All those years playing in 3a wouldnt have meant squat had they been in lee or sterlings district in the mid 90's. When I came thru, the kids that couldnt hack it at RSS moved to BH..one couldnt hack it in baseball or football and transferred out there and I beleive made all state.  Just wait till in two years your are 5A! The we are better than you attitude is old and nothing you have done recently backs it up.

Lee or sterling are you kidding me.  sterling hasnt been any good since the mid 80's, and lee is average at best

It was a scrimmage! Period. Do you really think any team goes into a scrimmage with a "game plan"? No! It's a glorified "practice" against an opponent! Do not celebrate a scrimmage "victory" and do not hang your heads in a scrimmage "loss".

Very well said....I just hope the players realize this.

True RSS hasnt been good in football in a long time but I promise you if you had their kids in a 3a program back in the mid 90's they would have been. The point being both Baytown schools have a lot of athletic ability, whether or not they were able to accept coaching and do anything with it is another argument.

Back in 97 I believe, maybe 96..a kid transferred out to BH from Sterling and was a stud on the football field and on the baseball field..and couldnt even get on the field in either sport at RSS.

Lee or sterling are you kidding me.  sterling hasnt been any good since the mid 80's, and lee is average at best

if you were at the scrimmage you can agree that the eagles werent looking too good. but i dont think that it comes from lack of talent. they have kade bradford, arunning back who leg presses 910 lbs. and can run a 4.6 40. you also have two qbs with good throwing arms and recievers like carter smith who ran a 4.44(handtimed) 40 and stork who has exellent hands. the line could be much better btw.on defense you have james bellard, logan mcswain, ryan rueter, mitchel hopper, and matthew viverette who are all pretty good. what this team lacks is a leader.the over all attitude of the players is mediocre. none of the players wants to step up and lead thier team by example. if someone on that team finally decides to step up and the attitude of the team changes bh should have a pretty good season.  :)

The defense actually looked pretty solid. The DB's did a good job of not allowing Cleveland to turn the corners and run upfield...Also with the exception of one deep pass coverages were good..Linebackers played well as did defensive line and there was virtually no drop when subsitutiions were made. Offense I believe will come along. Defense is usually ahead of the ofense in the early part of the season. Cleveland averaged 35 points a game last year, their a pretty solid team, so it'll be interesting to see how they play against Pasadena Memorial....

Just let the kids play and have a good time. It is what it is and we as parents and fans put to much pressure on these kids. I tend to believe that ten years from now the kids from BH will be major winners in the business world. Tell'em like the Kingwood kids " you may beat us now but one day you will  work for us".  

casey shows was a pretty solid back.

Yea he was and BH has had a long line of good backs of which I had the pleasure of watching. Jacob White, Shows, Little, Blake, and on and on.

The defense actually looked pretty solid. The DB's did a good job of not allowing Cleveland to turn the corners and run upfield...Also with the exception of one deep pass coverages were good..Linebackers played well as did defensive line and there was virtually no drop when subsitutiions were made. Offense I believe will come along. Defense is usually ahead of the ofense in the early part of the season. Cleveland averaged 35 points a game last year, their a pretty solid team, so it'll be interesting to see how they play against Pasadena Memorial....

That Catch that Cleveland made by the way wasn't like he was wide open either. That kid for Cleveland made and awesome catch and ended up holding the ball up against his the side of his helment for the catch :o

BH will be a better team this year and I hope that all envolved bring BH back to their winning ways! I want to go watch someone besides Dayton in the playoffs :D

Can't recall ever having any move ins make a difference when BH was 3A, especially from Lee or Sterling.  Maybe that is what the problem is now. Too many move ins that aren't worth a crap!

I don't think the problem is move-ins not having talent. More like if you're not "from the hill" youre not given the opportunity. Eagleseyes showed the typical BH mentality of go back where you came from no invited you here. Don't get me wrong, not everyone is like that though. 

I was just stating my opinion about the current coaching staff, not all but some.  By the way apparently I’m not the only one who shares that opinion, but was one of the few that was singled out.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Coach Yzquierdo .  I had actually heard lots of good things about you, I was told you were one of the few coaches that actually pushed the kids & made them want to win and the kids were sad to see you go.  But I guess I heard wrong since you took my opinion personally and just threw a hissy fit like a little girl. 

You are right FOOTBALLFEVER99 it was just a scrimmage but I was just going by what I’ve seen in the past few seasons.  Good luck to this year’s group of kids and COACHES, make it a good one. 

TNT mom,  most of the people that think like you all moved to BH in the last 10 years.  MOVE BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder