BH Vs. Cleveland Saturday!!!!!Indians Win

BHFAN

Great post Raul!  You hit the nail on the head!

BH89-2 you kill me - really. What do you do for a living flip burgers? pick up trash? I'm sure your Tifi football team and your coaching is the best in the world. Why don't you put on a coaching clinic so the coaches learn what not to do? Better yet go get a teaching degree so you can start coaching, but you probably can't do that because your to stupid to get into college. I would like to know who you really are? But your probably to much of a coward to come out and quit hiding behind the screen you type on. Well I tell you and everyone else on this forum who I am because I'm not scared. My name is Raul Yzquierdo (Coach Yzquierdo), for the past 7 years I was at the "The Hill" and loved every minute of it, but I got a opportunity in the spring that I couldn't pass it up....Enough of that, really I would like to know who you are? I have brothers/cousins and friends that go way back. I'm sure you weren't ever in athletics or even played football. You probably weren't good enough to be a PE stud. You get on here and criticize everyone from the coaches to the managers (water boys/girls). Get a life, or does just revolve around Barbers Hill Football (sad)?......... I'm sure, I know that the coaches were looking for certain things going into this scrimmage, players that can play on Friday nights. But your to stupid to see that (that includes TNT_mom). I got one thing to tell you (TNT_mom), why don't you and your family move back were you came from (your in need of a community change). Nobody invited you here anyways. I promise nobody is going to miss you all. I tell you for a fact right now, and anybody is welcome to challenge me on this, the coaching is not the problem. I promise you all will hear more from me.

Later

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't recall ever having any move ins make a difference when BH was 3A, especially from Lee or Sterling.  Maybe that is what the problem is now. Too many move ins that aren't worth a crap!

I don't think the problem is move-ins not having talent. More like if you're not "from the hill" youre not given the opportunity. Eagleseyes showed the typical BH mentality of go back where you came from no invited you here. Don't get me wrong, not everyone is like that though. 

Don't move mom! Some folks just don't like opions outside of "Rah Rah we are the greatest no matter what" ;D Most of them are folks that spend so much type trying to suck theirselfs into some political position at BH they forget reality :o There are alot of move ins  (Not me Born and Bred) that are bringing some talented kids in a well as teachers to BH. Although I hate seeing this little town blow up it is bound to happen when you have one of the best school districts from top to bottom in the area and maybe the state!

I didn't realize that this has turned into a community forum? But I will respond when my name is thrown around.....I love the growth that has occured the past 10-15 years and I hope we get even bigger, I welcome all new-comers to our town/school. What I don't understand is when people do move to BH - that one of the most common comments is "we didn't that way where we came from." That's what I have a problem with....Most of the time, people that move here, come from near-by communities, because BH is a great community and great school district. We do things at BH with tradition that has been built over the years and hopefully continue to do so.

Don't get me wrong, there is people in this community that hate the growth - locals against the rec center, wave pool, golf course and all the new houses being built I do not fit into that category.

Good Luck Eagles this Friday night! I have to work and can't be there - but will be there for PNG.

I'm not going anywhere.  My kids love the schools and have considered becoming teachers and come back to BH.  So we are here to stay.  I never said anything about how things were done where I came from.  BH definitely better overall, I just don’t understand the ones that spend all that time sucking up.  Kids should get it on their ability, not who their parents know. 

I always tell my kids academics WILL get you through life; the rest teaches you HOW to get through.  This thread needs to get back to the topic, or better yet be done and move on to this week’s game.

I know this year has a great group of kids and just talked to a few and they are working hard.  GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!

Love this post.  You hit the bullseye with this one.  No one was complaining about the system or the coaching in 06 when we moved up to 4A and went "10-0",  or at least until we lost to a good Beaumont Central team in the playoffs.

Eagle Eyes you been waiting a long time to get that out of your system haven't you.  Good Post.  I understand your frustration.  You think anyone in Newton is complaining about what Coach Barbay is doing?

The game of football has evolved since the wishbone and the wing "T".  It still boils down to "EXECUTION".  What you run is not quite as important as how you run it.  "BLOCKING, TACKLING and RUNNING".  It's amazing how those 3 things have not changed in the order of importance to good football.

Out of curiosity, I would like for one of you three or four offensive geniuses to please tell me what "same" run plays Barbers Hill has been running for years.  As you are obviously experts on the subject, please be specific and don't just refer to the plays as run up the middle or outside.  Also, since you are so in-tune with offensive football, can any of you tell me what defense Cleveland was playing.  Just trying to get a handle on your vast knowledge of football before getting more specific.  tnt mom, feel free to comment.  Don't be concerned about your lack of knowledge, no one else seems to be bothered by it.

Love this post.  You hit the bullseye with this one.  No one was complaining about the system or the coaching in 06 when we moved up to 4A and went "10-0",  or at least until we lost to a good Beaumont Central team in the playoffs.

Eagle Eyes you been waiting a long time to get that out of your system haven't you.  Good Post.  I understand your frustration.  You think anyone in Newton is complaining about what Coach Barbay is doing?

The game of football has evolved since the wishbone and the wing "T".  It still boils down to "EXECUTION".  What you run is not quite as important as how you run it.  "BLOCKING, TACKLING and RUNNING".  It's amazing how those 3 things have not changed in the order of importance to good football.

Out of curiosity, I would like for one of you three or four offensive geniuses to please tell me what "same" run plays Barbers Hill has been running for years.  As you are obviously experts on the subject, please be specific and don't just refer to the plays as run up the middle or outside.  Also, since you are so in-tune with offensive football, can any of you tell me what defense Cleveland was playing.  Just trying to get a handle on your vast knowledge of football before getting more specific.  tnt mom, feel free to comment.  Don't be concerned about your lack of knowledge, no one else seems to be bothered by it.

Are you a Coach or do you have a chip on your shoulder?

BH fans are a lot like PNG.  You seem to think that a coach should be able to come in and win with the talent on hand and a dose of tradition.  It doesn't matter much what the coach does if you can't control the line of scrimmage.  Neither BH nor PNG have been able to do that consistently for the last few years.  No offense works very well with defenders in the backfield.  JMO

Dang it I was going to stay quite, but I can't help my self! Forgive me for I know not what I do ;D

Where have you been? oh And I don't care what the technical coaching term for " The Play" is I just know that last year a blind 90 year old woman called out the play before it happened ;D If she can do it a DC can to ;D Oh and Cleveland was playing the kind of Defense that kept us at ZERO! When you come up for air tell us why the plays we run are so succesful tell us about the State Championships that we almost won with them, tell us of a team that we beat with them that was worth a dang!  Nevermind let me help. If the kids did this and this and this then our plays and calling would work ;D

Come on coach learn us all something!!I'm just a poor burger flipper and cannot possible understand, but I'll Try.

Can't recall ever having any move ins make a difference when BH was 3A, especially from Lee or Sterling.  Maybe that is what the problem is now. Too many move ins that aren't worth a crap!

I don't think the problem is move-ins not having talent. More like if you're not "from the hill" youre not given the opportunity. Eagleseyes showed the typical BH mentality of go back where you came from no invited you here. Don't get me wrong, not everyone is like that though.  

If your son or daughter has talent, they will play at BH. Go BH

Are you asking me or Ball Coach who's quote I was referring to?  If you are asking me, no I am not a coach and I do not have a chip on my shoulder.  I just believe people are getting way to worked up over a scrimmage game.  This team has worked hard all summer and they will be fine after they get the kinks worked out.

Are you asking me or Ball Coach who's quote I was referring to?  If you are asking me, no I am not a coach and I do not have a chip on my shoulder.  I just believe people are getting way to worked up over a scrimmage game.  This team has worked hard all summer and they will be fine after they get the kinks worked out.

Ten-Fo just let the kids play and enjoy the rain. They are kids that's it fellers.

BHFAN, please explain to me what type of offense you would run at BH.  I dont care who is coaching this group, they will be lucky to win 6 games this year.  They do just not have the talent to compete in 4A, plain and simple.  I played at BH within the past 10 years and these coaches get the most out of the kids they have.  If you did now know, there have been 3 different Offensive Coordinators within that time period, I guess they all dont know what they are doing?  Please tell me in detail what type of offensive scheme you would implement and be sure to include blocking rules for multiple defenses, route packages versus multiple coverages, and maybe most importantly and offensive philosophy on why your offense will have an advantage.

BH fans are a lot like PNG.  You seem to think that a coach should be able to come in and win with the talent on hand and a dose of tradition.  It doesn't matter much what the coach does if you can't control the line of scrimmage.  Neither BH nor PNG have been able to do that consistently for the last few years.   No offense works very well with defenders in the backfield.  JMO

its been 1 year for png.district champs in 2007.

BH fans are a lot like PNG.  You seem to think that a coach should be able to come in and win with the talent on hand and a dose of tradition.  It doesn't matter much what the coach does if you can't control the line of scrimmage.  Neither BH nor PNG have been able to do that consistently for the last few years.   No offense works very well with defenders in the backfield.  JMO

No offense intended, but I think PNG has maybe 3 post season wins since 1999.  That's not good enough for PNG faithful and they expect better every year.  That's all I'm saying.

No offense intended, but I think PNG has maybe 3 post season wins since 1999.   That's not good enough for PNG faithful and they expect better every year.  That's all I'm saying.

agreed.

BHFAN, please explain to me what type of offense you would run at BH.  I dont care who is coaching this group, they will be lucky to win 6 games this year.  They do just not have the talent to compete in 4A, plain and simple.  I played at BH within the past 10 years and these coaches get the most out of the kids they have.  If you did now know, there have been 3 different Offensive Coordinators within that time period, I guess they all dont know what they are doing?  Please tell me in detail what type of offensive scheme you would implement and be sure to include blocking rules for multiple defenses, route packages versus multiple coverages, and maybe most importantly and offensive philosophy on why your offense will have an advantage.

Look I'm not looking to coach just wishing someone would! Last I checked these gentelman are not doing this out of the goodness of their heart. When they coach for free you will not see a comment from me again. No matter how many OC that we have had they are still under the same AD. The scheme BH is playing works all over the state from 1A to 5A this is not the problem. The Problem is and always has been the conservative play calling along with being to predictable. If any of you guys would go watch a football game outside of the BH confines you will see coaching in the area that is phenomenal! Dick Olen former Lee Coach for an example, Now this man could coach! I have watched Lee go into games with North Shore and on Paper athletic wise NS should mop the floor with a very untalented Lee Squad, but Nooooooooooo Coach Olin calls the correct plays and knows how to keep the other teams off balance. I don't care if we have 6 DI players on our team! If we continue to play not to lose instead of WIN BH will never see a true playoff run! Someone earlier made an observation of how the Cleveland coaches where out there firing up the players. I also made that same observation and while the Cleveland Coaches where grabbing players by the face mask and High fiveing ours look like they were at a WAKE scribbling on clip boards ??? Where is the Heart, Pride and Tradition at BH? I see it in all of our players eyes now I want to see it in the ones that train them! This is not about a scrimmage this is about BH! Lead, Follow or get out of the WAY!

10 years and BH hasn't beat an opponent that was a District Champion or of any ranking. 1-3rd round appearance, Multiple 2nd round apperances (After beating 3rd place teams in Round 1). Other years either beat in round 1 or sat at home.

I would just like to see BH do well and maybe I go about it the wrong way, but at the end of the day I cannot see BH being anything but average under the current staff. If it stays I'm going to have to update my user ID to DAYTONFAN 8)

Admins please kill this thread I can't stop its like CRACK :o

Good healthy debates a good thing, as long as its done in a constructive way.. Hey it only shows that people care about their football teams. Look at this forum, the BH fans, Dayton, PNG, WOS, Lumbertons, and yeah there are some more, but see what threads get the hits...The only guy that really knows if the fire is still in his belly is the coach standing on the sideline, not me or you.. If its not there anymore, then he should step aside for the sake of the program and the kids..If its still there then give it all you got, and let the schools administration sort the rest out as to whether or not the staff is getting the job done. I can tell you this for certain, there won't be lack of effort on the kids part. I know most of them personally , and they have a goal.. Theirs no horseplay in the locker rooms. Their focused in what they want to accomplish. 

Good healthy debates a good thing, as long as its done in a constructive way.. Hey it only shows that people care about their football teams. Look at this forum, the BH fans, Dayton, PNG, WOS, Lumbertons, and yeah there are some more, but see what threads get the hits...The only guy that really knows if the fire is still in his belly is the coach standing on the sideline, not me or you.. If its not there anymore, then he should step aside for the sake of the program and the kids..If its still there then give it all you got, and let the schools administration sort the rest out as to whether or not the staff is getting the job done. I can tell you this for certain, there won't be lack of effort on the kids part. I know most of them personally , and they have a goal.. Theirs no horseplay in the locker rooms. Their focused in what they want to accomplish. 

I agree with you. Look at what we went through the past several years with our program. I am not saying it is always the coach but at times programs get stagnic and needs a shot of change. I am not saying this is what BH needs but then again it might.

We are all fans here but always remember these are kids that we support every Friday Night not adults. I hate reading when adults call out kids by name on here.

No, my name is not James.  There have been a few of them to come through The Hill though.

BH Fan, this thread is like crack, and I think you are smoking it.  I have seen plenty of games outside the confines of BH.  If BH has 6 D1 player on their team you better believe they will be a contender, just as any team would be.  That is the name of the game in high school football.  There is an old saying "its not the X's and O's, it the Larry's and Joe's".  Just think about that for a minute. 

It does not matter how the coaches act on the field, them getting fired up and grabbing face masks is bush league.  I have seen coaches do that in scrimmages and go 0-10 when it matters.

And as for Dick Olin being a genius, how about him winning state 7 on 7 in the summer and buying a ring when it doesnt mean jack.  Then the following year if my memory serves me correct, they win 2 games. 

Now in saying all this, the play calling could be more aggressive.  But with the player they have the result would most likely be turnovers.  Then who would be the first person on here to complain about the play calling then? 

No, my name is not James.  There have been a few of them to come through The Hill though.

BH Fan, this thread is like crack, and I think you are smoking it.  I have seen plenty of games outside the confines of BH.  If BH has 6 D1 player on their team you better believe they will be a contender, just as any team would be.  That is the name of the game in high school football.  There is an old saying "its not the X's and O's, it the Larry's and Joe's".  Just think about that for a minute. 

It does not matter how the coaches act on the field, them getting fired up and grabbing face masks is bush league.  I have seen coaches do that in scrimmages and go 0-10 when it matters.

And as for censored Olin being a genius, how about him winning state 7 on 7 in the summer and buying a ring when it doesnt mean jack.  Then the following year if my memory serves me correct, they win 2 games. 

Now in saying all this, the play calling could be more aggressive.  But with the player they have the result would most likely be turnovers.  Then who would be the first person on here to complain about the play calling then? 

Not bad James..............

And as for censored Olin being a genius, how about him winning state 7 on 7 in the summer and buying a ring when it doesnt mean jack.  Then the following year if my memory serves me correct, they win 2 games. 

I think you and me are on the same page and dont worry I will not tell anyone ;D You have to have a perfect balance between coaching and players to be a contender, so after 10 Years one has been the constant in the BH equation while ther other is a varible ::) Folks its ok to have an opionion, you can disagree with me and I can disagree with you. I can understand the bashing of the Fan as I am messing with the livley hood of a person. At the end of the day I (And Others) would like to see a change, whatever that change is it doesn't matter as long as it equates to W's  ;D

I think one of the best playcalling games that I have ever seen in the last 10 years at BH was when we matched up against GP two years ago. The Game meant absoulutly nothing to BH as we were going to sit home anyway. On the other hand GP needed to win the game to claim the district Championship. BH ended up winning that game because it looked like everyone was having fun! There were more plays executed durng that game than the whole year combined!

My question to those who are all up in my grill ;D is are you satisfied with the current state of BH football? Shall we wait for the 6 DI player team to arrive to see if it was just the kids? I don't know about you, but I would just absoulutly love to follow BH through the playoffs!!! State may be asking for to much ,but I do believe that should be the goal every year!! so without name calling or PM threats lets talk 8)

Oh and to answer some of you commets ;D

1.) Dont care what you name is

2.) I do not smoke Crack while typing

3.) Coach Olin did not win the 7 on 7. Head coaches are not alowed to coach in 7on7.

4.) Dont care if we turn the ball over. I would rather see that then not see them have the opprotunity to turn it over.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami