BC, OF Missing Key Players

This is the hidden content, please

After moving from DeQuincy, Kaleb Kellogg had a solid baseball season and was expected to contribute on the football team.  But the rumors of him returning to DQ are true because he hasn't come out for practice.

OF's Jace Statum was the starting QB last season but is passing on football after verbally committing to A&M to play baseball.

After moving from DeQuincy, Kaleb Kellogg had a solid baseball season and was expected to contribute on the football team.  But the rumors of him returning to DQ are true because he hasn't come out for practice.

OF's Jace Statum was the starting QB last season but is passing on football after verbally committing to A&M to play baseball.

Heard about the Kellogg kid a couple of days ago. I am curious as to why he went back? Also, I wonder if he thinks he can comeback and enroll at BC later in the year to play baseball? That will not happen, trust me.

As for Jace, I thought this was old news. I thought I had read over at the Orangefield site that he had said he wouldn't play football after last season. Maybe I am confused with the Felts kid who didn't play football last year.

Why can it not happen again? The DEC of 21AAA allowed it to take place once why wouldn't they allow it again??? That whole deal was a joke, embarrassment, and travesty to the entire district to have allowed him to enter the district at the mid-point of baseball anyway having played the first half of the season in Louisiana.

He didnt play first half of district in Louisiana actually, he was on the BC JV until his days were done when he could not play.

Why can it not happen again? The DEC of 21AAA allowed it to take place once why wouldn't they allow it again??? That whole deal was a joke, embarrassment, and travesty to the entire district to have allowed him to enter the district at the mid-point of baseball anyway having played the first half of the season in Louisiana.

I wouldn't blame it on DEC,  Hamshire-Fannett , Silsbee , WOS, Orangefield and HJ all voted in favor of him participating.

I wouldn't blame it on DEC,  Hamshire-Fannett , Silsbee , WOS, Orangefield and HJ all voted in favor of him participating.

good point

That's correct. And I suspect that if he was to try and comeback during the school year again, one or more of those schools would vote against it. ;)

He didnt play first half of district in Louisiana actually, he was on the BC JV until his days were done when he could not play.

No sir Gabe your wrong go back and look and you will find the kid played the first half of Louisiana baseball season in DeQuincy, then moved over the first of March. UIL states all transfers half to sit 15 calendar days before playing varsity even if approved. And the DEC is made up of the Superintendents of the district not the AD's.

Heard about the Kellogg kid a couple of days ago. I am curious as to why he went back? Also, I wonder if he thinks he can comeback and enroll at BC later in the year to play baseball? That will not happen, trust me.

As for Jace, I thought this was old news. I thought I had read over at the Orangefield site that he had said he wouldn't play football after last season. Maybe I am confused with the Felts kid who didn't play football last year.

If you knew why he came to BC in the first place then you would probably understand why he went back.

No sir Gabe your wrong go back and look and you will find the kid played the first half of Louisiana baseball season in DeQuincy, then moved over the first of March. UIL states all transfers half to sit 15 calendar days before playing varsity even if approved. And the DEC is made up of the Superintendents of the district not the AD's.

If you will view the bold print, Gabe is still correct. He did not play any DISTRICT games in Louisiana. The first of March is only the second week of baseball season in both Louisiana and Texas. District play did not start till end of March.

If you knew why he came to BC in the first place then you would probably understand why he went back.

Okay CJ, tell me why he came to BC in the first place.

I did re-read the quote and I will stand corrected about the original quote but not his original intent on the quote but if you read my quote you will see I said he didnt begin the season on the JV in BC. I said he played the early season in Louisiana on the varsity in BC (in fact some 18 games) and then transferred to BC in the middle of the season on March 1. Then sat 15 days which then allowed him to play varsity for BC.

I too am curious to here the truth of WHY he came to BC in the first place

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont