Count Down to 2010 season.

I think the fans should be licking their chops for the OF vs. BC games this year.  To no great surprise, that district will rock this year.  Plus there's that 4A district around here that usually provides a little excitement....LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait to see BCs stout pitching in action!

Caleb Kellogg has a phenomenal game for the Sundevils-- getting a one hit shutout against the supposed, #1 16u team in the nationwide.

What can I say, Matt Hicks is just a hauss!

Zoch will be a Junior what a lefty for a closer....steady as a rock.

We will see Zach Smith, Cameron Dishon and others emerging as Sophs.

Freshmen---Loaded

I heard the 8th grade team will be ready a year from now-- to contribute.

The Little League Juniors 12 year olds  and solid 14 year olds went to Regionals etc: and along with the assorted Select team Pitchers; look to make the statement, "Tradition never graduates", a continuing reality.

I can't wait to see BCs stout pitching in action!

Caleb Kellogg has a phenomenal game for the Sundevils-- getting a one hit shutout against the supposed, #1 16u team in the nationwide.

What can I say, Matt Hicks is just a hauss!

Zoch will be a Junior what a lefty for a closer....steady as a rock.

We will see Zach Smith, Cameron Dishon and others emerging as Sophs.

Freshmen---Loaded

I heard the 8th grade team will be ready a year from now-- to contribute.

The Little League Juniors 12 year olds  and solid 14 year olds went to Regionals etc: and along with the assorted Select team Pitchers; look to make the statement, "Tradition never graduates", a continuing reality.

Kellogg will not be at BC next year, he is back in LA.

After a little checking around--I found that Caleb will be moving back to play in Louisiana.  It seems that he has a scholarship to play for University of Louisiana Lafayette and it was suggested he finish HS in LA.

Congrats to Caleb Kellogg and best wishes on a good college career!

After a little checking around--I found that Caleb will be moving back to play in Louisiana.  It seems that he has a scholarship to play for University of Louisiana Lafayette and it was suggested he finish HS in LA.

With the way he has played this makes NO SENSE at all, after all ULL is not the only school recruiting, and with his talent there will be others, BTW is he a senior this yr??

Guest Orangeboy

With the way he has played this makes NO SENSE at all, after all ULL is not the only school recruiting, and with his talent there will be others, BTW is he a senior this yr??

yes

After a little checking around found that Caleb will be moving back to play in Louisiana.  It seems that he has a scholarship to play for University of Louisiana Lafayette and it was suggested he finish HS in LA.

sure this makes sense.....It will save the $2000 a semester in out of state tuition...  not many scholarships you can give in baseball.... so they split money... some will get tuition, some books, some housing, etc.  rarely do you get a full ride.....

They just need to change the amount of scholarships for all sports to a team roster at least.  only football has the full amount....some on scholarships sitting the bench.....

Why don't they you say?????.......you have to have just as many female scholarships as male....so most have to cut back to equal the amount. 

sure this makes sense.....It will save the $2000 a semester in out of state tuition...   not many scholarships you can give in baseball.... so they split money... some will get tuition, some books, some housing, etc.  rarely do you get a full ride.....

They just need to change the amount of scholarships for all sports to a team roster at least.  only football has the full amount....some on scholarships sitting the bench.....

Why don't they you say?????.......you have to have just as many female scholarships as male....so most have to cut back to equal the amount. 

NO need to explain this to me as mine played out of state 4 yrs with 2 diff schools/2 diff states and pd NO out of state tutition. What IF he moved to La and then other out of state schools tried to recruit him, with the reasonings you gave he would turn all down because of the out of state tutition, again this makes no sense as the college coaches are well schooled in 'working things out'. Could be in his 'best intrest' to wait ULL out and not sign in the early signing period if offered UNLESS he's set on going to ULL. Although still somewaht new to HS coaching Coach Landry has done exceptionally well in getting his kids to the next level. BTW isn't the Sundevils coach, a HS coach in La. 

Although still somewaht new to HS coaching Coach Landry has done exceptionally well in getting his kids to the next level.  

Shows how much you pay attention, Coach Landry has been a head coach in this area for atleast the last 8-10 years or so.

Yea I do pay attention, as a matter of fact I'm a friend of the family, along with he and my son were roommates in OK in '98' and neither pd out of state tution. I also know when he started coaching.....so carry on...

WW  you getting all worked up..... Settle down lets not get that blood pressure up  ;D  If anyone should be getting worked up its me since I have TWO playoff series I still have not been paid for. Schools are going to pay in a timely manner this year or maybe we just won't have any officials available for their games.  I only have three cans of pork and beans left in the cupboard to eat and I need a new 18 degree hybred wood for golf  ;D

Guest pirates

WW  you getting all worked up..... Settle down lets not get that blood pressure up  ;D  If anyone should be getting worked up its me since I have TWO playoff series I still have not been paid for. Schools are going to pay in a timely manner this year or maybe we just won't have any officials available for their games.  I only have three cans of pork and beans left in the cupboard to eat and I need a new 18 degree hybred wood for golf  ;D

If you are taking bids, Vidor bids 1 can of "pork and beans", "1 spoon" and a "P38" for your services. ;D

Does anyone know what a "P38" is?

WW  you getting all worked up..... Settle down lets not get that blood pressure up  ;D  If anyone should be getting worked up its me since I have TWO playoff series I still have not been paid for. Schools are going to pay in a timely manner this year or maybe we just won't have any officials available for their games.  I only have three cans of pork and beans left in the cupboard to eat and I need a new 18 degree hybred wood for golf  ;D

If you are taking bids, Vidor bids 1 can of "pork and beans", "1 spoon" and a "P38" for your services. ;D

Does anyone know what a "P38" is?

Is it a plane?    Is it a pistol?

I've carried one on my key ring for years. It's a can opener. Found this history info below.

During the WWII, Korean and Vietnam Wars when hungry GI's were ready to dive into their delicious meals of K or C-Rations they used their trusty P-38s to open the cans. No it wasn't the famous WWII fighter plane or a German pistol, it was an amazingly simple little piece of 1-1/2 inch stamped metal that was developed in just 30 days during the Summer of 1942 by the Subsistence Research Laboratory in Chicago.

It's official designation is 'US ARMY POCKET CAN OPENER' or 'OPENER, CAN, HAND, FOLDING, TYPE I', but it is more commonly know by its nickname the P-38 which it supposedly acquired from the 38 Punctures required to open a C-Ration can. It is also known by many as a "John Wayne" by those in the Navy and Marines because he was shown opening a can of C-Rations using a P-38 in a WWII training film. From then on Sailors and Marines referred to them as a "John Wayne".

Originally P-38s came wrapped in brown Kraft paper packets with a diagram and directions how to use printed on it. About a dozen P-38s came packed in a case of C-Rations but eventually because everyone was hoarding them only 3 were included in a case (read Rations in Korea note). These handy gadgets have adorned the dog tag chains and key rings of WWII, Korean and Vietnam war vets ever since opening their first can of C-rats with one.

Lousiana has the TOPS Program (

This is the hidden content, please
) which pays for college for students that qualify.  An athletic scholarship & TOPS scholarship can be used together to pay for 100% of college.

D1 schools have 11.7 scholarships to divide among 25 players with majority of players getting partial rides.  Kids that graduate from La. high schools and go to in state colleges get there college paid for. 

Kellogg and his family must have thought it was better to move back and not have to pay a dime for college, rather than stay and pay 40%-50%.  Hard to blame them for making that decision.

Lousiana has the TOPS Program (

This is the hidden content, please
) which pays for college for students that qualify.  An athletic scholarship & TOPS scholarship can be used together to pay for 100% of college.

D1 schools have 11.7 scholarships to divide among 25 players with majority of players getting partial rides.  Kids that graduate from La. high schools and go to in state colleges get there college paid for. 

Kellogg and his family must have thought it was better to move back and not have to pay a dime for college, rather than stay and pay 40%-50%.  Hard to blame them for making that decision.

Hey phatmack may be some other kids transfer if the parents hear about that ......WoW....Barb....Whaaaaaat..just kidinnnnn...R u going friday night...its me not her

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder