ARE FOOTBALL FANS IMPORTANT

Football is a business, at least from the high school varsity level on up. Fans are the difference between profit and loss.

I totally agree. But they are not the difference between winning and losing. That is the point I have been trying to make but some folks just don't get it. ::)

I agree 100%. WO-S could win district with only the players and coaches at the stadium. PNG has some of the best fans and they won 1 district game while filling up fans at home and on the road. OF has some of the best most loyal fans in 3A in the state and have not been to the playoffs since 2003. Fans are not a sign of how great a team is or if they are losing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like if I'm not there to root my Jags on, we stand a good chance of losing.  This may vary from person to person, but I feel like Football fans are extremely important.  Our boys feed off the energy.  Why do you think they signal us to get on our feet on a key possession or drive? 

They are actually airing out their arm pits!  ;D JK.

;D

gabe, i said that you need players, coaches and fans to make a team. from what you are telling me,  PNG and Orangefield have the "FANS" AND NOW ALL THEY NEED IS THE COACHES AND PLAYERS.

Just how do you need fans to make a team? Isn't a team formed before there are any fans?

what is the reason for playing a football game. in my openion, it is to entertain the "FANS".   WHY WOULD YOU BUILD A MILLION DOLLER STADIUM. its for the "FANS"

You're kidding, right? Are you trying to say that they only play the games just to entertain fans? Give me a break. ::)

The game is for the kids and coaches. They would play them without fans, trust me.

Having fans attend the games is just icing on the cake. You can have cake with no icing, it's just not as sweet. But, the cake is the important ingredient, not the icing. Of course unless you are a 5 year old. ::)

Lets put your theory to some academic review aggie, Dont bring any fans to the HJ game and lets see how it turns out....just kidding, I love my friends from silsbee. I think fans matter, but I think the game is for the kids, I'm not sure if it is FOR the coaches too. Not saying it isnt just havent made up my mind yet.

Why do our schools, colleges, and professionals play football?

It's a form of income.

Where does that income come from?

The fans.

You are so right It is all about income. That new field at PNG did not come cheep, but Fans do not make the team better. There is no better fan base than PNG and they have not made the playoffs in years.So the fans can pay the bills but they dont win games.

It's a form of income.

The fans.

You are so right It is all about income. That new field at PNG did not come cheep, but Fans do not make the team better. There is no better fan base than PNG and they have not made the playoffs in years.So the fans can pay the bills but they dont win games.

Fans don't win games although the surely add to it and they don't necessarily pay the bills either.  Taxes pay the bills not gate receipts, and there are many people who foot the bills through their taxes that don't attend football games.

where would the Cowboys be without fans.  i think they would be The Arkansas Cowboys.

You prove my point again. The Cowboy fans are as strong as any in the league yet they haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. Fans don't and cant win games. And the income at the gate for HS games does go into the ethletic. bugget and that goes to the team. PNG has sold out games all year and all that money still cant win them games. Players and coaches win games not fans,moms, dad, nor the band

where would the Cowboys be without fans.  i think they would be The Arkansas Cowboys.

You prove my point again. The Cowboy fans are as strong as any in the league yet they haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. Fans don't and cant win games. And the income at the gate for HS games does go into the ethletic. bugget and that goes to the team. PNG has sold out games all year and all that money still cant win them games. Players and coaches win games not fans,moms, dad, nor the band

Thank you.

It's a form of income.

The fans.

Fans don't win games although the surely add to it and they don't necessarily pay the bills either.  Taxes pay the bills not gate receipts, and there are many people who foot the bills through their taxes that don't attend football games.

It's true that the taxpayers foot most of the bill, but the fan base often provides a sizable return. I guess you can look at it from an investor's viewpoint. At PN-G, the ticket and concession sales bring in a LOT of cash. The notoriety of our fan base was one of the pivotal factors in helping us sell the advertisements on our scoreboard, which brought in more cash. Then again, we also have one of the largest followings of any high school in the state, if not the nation, so our return is probably much larger than, say, LC-M's or Ozen's.

I also believe that the fans (as well as the band, drill team, and cheerleaders) bring an atmosphere that can motivate a team. The crowd may not be the deciding factor in who wins the game or who has the better team out on the field, but they certainly play a part in both of those comparisons. Spirit plays a role in a game just like talent, skill, or discipline. Its effect is certainly not as great, but it is an effect, nonetheless. Coming from PN-G, I know that well.

some of you people have turned and twisted my original words.  i said nothing about "winning" in my original statement.  when i walk into "HOOKS STADIUM" I am ready to scream as loud as i can for "MY TEAM".  in my opinion i am part of the team. ask COACH HOOKS if  the WOS FANS are part of the team.

I think the crowds and the Band can pump players up at times!!!

They certainly add to the excitement of the game. I can imagine that even an NFL game would be boring on tv it is was played in an entirely empty stadium. It would seem more like watching a scrimmage.

I only disagree with the statement that the fans are part of the team and somehow deserve credit for the win. If so, do the fans deserve credit for the loss?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami