Predict the unpredictable and downright insane

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

Hey sports fans, it has been awhile since I wrote a sports opinion so why not now?

And it seems each time I do write one of these someone ends up angry and upset.

Instead I would like to have a little fun and make up some predictions in light of everyone worked up over Dave Campbell’s Texas Football and the future-reading it does.

Here are some predictions for District 20-4A.

• Vidor will win the district title. However, the team will have to give up six wins for having 12 men on the field. It seems officials thought coach Jeff Mathews was a Pirates player when celebrating on the field. By the way, I’m rooting for Vidor to win district and you should too.

• Lumberton will celebrate its third trip to the playoffs in three years. Coach Alvin Credeur gets a new job (or two) as mayor, police chief, manager of McDonalds and anything else he wants to do.

• PN-G opens its new stadium only nobody can see the game. You mean to tell me after all that work and months of waiting someone forgot to plug in the lights? Four news agencies put in a FOI to learn what happened because nothing else is going on to report.

• Nederland makes the playoffs, again, and voters remind everyone they did it on a grass field instead of turf. A bond issue is soon to be put to election for $80 million to build a new concession stand and bathrooms. In a stunning twist, it passes.

• Beaumont Central makes the playoffs and wins the state title. Fans are seen in the stadium holding signs saying “Who cares what Dave Campbell’s magazine says.†It will be the second year in a row the Jaguars defy all predictions.

• Beaumont Ozen misses the playoffs when a late-jump shot hits the front of the iron with two seconds left in the game. Opposing fans rush the court and....ohhhh football. Nevermind.

• Livingston is hard to joke with since they are about what four hours away? Is anyone from Livingston even reading this column? They will miss the playoffs when they get lost trying to come down to Southeast Texas for a game and have to forfit. Bad decision by the UIL.

• Fans at LC-M are excited about Randy Crouch and for good reason. There cannot be any jokes made here about that. He will turn them around. Bears fans are so excited they switched from BOJO to MOBO - “Moody Officially Bolted Out.†Why haven’t there been riots in the street?

Brian Huckabay

What a great hire by the Orangefield Independent School District.

It has been far too long since Orangefield was this excited about football. The fan base it seems to be excited and I am sure the players and coaches feel the same way.

I remember covering the team the last time the Bobcats were in the playoffs and I hope another trip to the postseason is right around the corner.

It is hard to watch such a supportive community struggle in the most popular sport in Texas.

It has never been for lack of trying either. The Bobcats are always one of the fiestiest teams in Southeast Texas and never scared of a challenge.

Huckabay could be exactly what Orangefield needs to get back to form.

I can only imagine how much more exciting than it already is if Bridge City and Orangefield were to play and a win meant the team was set up to go to the playoffs.

â€¢ Beaumont Central makes the playoffs and wins the state title. Fans are seen in the stadium holding signs saying “Who cares what Dave Campbell’s magazine says.†It will be the second year in a row the Jaguars defy all predictions.

Man..I really wanna be the one holden the Sign.As long as a Get thier b4 Soulja n the other fans  ;D..i can see it now

Also so i dnt think thats an insane prediction

â€¢ Beaumont Central makes the playoffs and wins the state title. Fans are seen in the stadium holding signs saying “Who cares what Dave Campbell’s magazine says.†It will be the second year in a row the Jaguars defy all predictions.

Man..I really wanna be the one holden the Sign.As long as a Get thier b4 Soulja n the other fans  ;D..i can see it now

Also so i dnt think thats an insane prediction

You are right about me beating you there, except I'll hold up a sign that will probably have a few choice adjectives...

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

Hey sports fans, it has been awhile since I wrote a sports opinion so why not now?

And it seems each time I do write one of these someone ends up angry and upset. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Instead I would like to have a little fun and make up some predictions in light of everyone worked up over Dave Campbell’s Texas Football and the future-reading it does.

Here are some predictions for District 20-4A.

• Vidor will win the district title. However, the team will have to give up six wins for having 12 men on the field. It seems officials thought coach Jeff Mathews was a Pirates player when celebrating on the field. By the way, I’m rooting for Vidor to win district and you should too.

• Lumberton will celebrate its third trip to the playoffs in three years. Coach Alvin Credeur gets a new job (or two) as mayor, police chief, manager of McDonalds and anything else he wants to do.

• PN-G opens its new stadium only nobody can see the game. You mean to tell me after all that work and months of waiting someone forgot to plug in the lights? Four news agencies put in a FOI to learn what happened because nothing else is going on to report.

• Nederland makes the playoffs, again, and voters remind everyone they did it on a grass field instead of turf. A bond issue is soon to be put to election for $80 million to build a new concession stand and bathrooms. In a stunning twist, it passes.

• Beaumont Central makes the playoffs and wins the state title. Fans are seen in the stadium holding signs saying “Who cares what Dave Campbell’s magazine says.†It will be the second year in a row the Jaguars defy all predictions.

• Beaumont Ozen misses the playoffs when a late-jump shot hits the front of the iron with two seconds left in the game. Opposing fans rush the court and....ohhhh football. Nevermind.

• Livingston is hard to joke with since they are about what four hours away? Is anyone from Livingston even reading this column? They will miss the playoffs when they get lost trying to come down to Southeast Texas for a game and have to forfit. Bad decision by the UIL.

• Fans at LC-M are excited about Randy Crouch and for good reason. There cannot be any jokes made here about that. He will turn them around. Bears fans are so excited they switched from BOJO to MOBO - “Moody Officially Bolted Out.†Why haven’t there been riots in the street?

Brian Huckabay

What a great hire by the Orangefield Independent School District.

It has been far too long since Orangefield was this excited about football. The fan base it seems to be excited and I am sure the players and coaches feel the same way.

I remember covering the team the last time the Bobcats were in the playoffs and I hope another trip to the postseason is right around the corner.

It is hard to watch such a supportive community struggle in the most popular sport in Texas.

It has never been for lack of trying either. The Bobcats are always one of the fiestiest teams in Southeast Texas and never scared of a challenge.

Huckabay could be exactly what Orangefield needs to get back to form.

I can only imagine how much more exciting than it already is if Bridge City and Orangefield were to play and a win meant the team was set up to go to the playoffs.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Does Coach Stewart take the Broncos back to back to back to the Semi-finals in 09.I do not underestimate Dayton till proven otherwise.Dave Campbell has them there in 09 but some shoes have to be filled on offense-defense looks to be a plus with speed and size.Underclassmen were real good in 08 a plus for Dayton.

COOP:  WOS put it on Nederland pretty good last year.  There are some here that think Nederland will return the favor this year.  What has changed on both sides that would warrant this conclusion?  I understand this is not your view, but maybe you -- or anyone else -- can give us some insight into their thinking why Nederland will have the advantage.

Guest tigersvoice

COOP:  WOS put it on Nederland pretty good last year.  There are some here that think Nederland will return the favor this year.  What has changed on both sides that would warrant this conclusion?  I understand this is not your view, but maybe you -- or anyone else -- can give us some insight into their thinking why Nederland will have the advantage.

Smitty, there is no logic or case to be made here.  Nederland fans believe in their team and WO-S fans believe in their team.  I don't have a dog in THIS fight but WO-S is in our district (21-3A) and they will be as good or BETTER than they were last year.  You can take that to the bank.

It appears WOS will be better than they were last year. I don't know about Nederland.

Nederland could be. Grogan will be hard to replace but Lovelady looked good at the running back position when he was called upon. Of course Asa made some great plays last year but Kirby will be a senior which helps and what I hear the defense could be better. Brady could have break out year if he stays healthy.

As for as the Stangs it could be the year. I would say they will be 14 or points favored against Nederland with all their weapons. To win a state championship in texas in any sport everything must fall into place. Look at the Stangs, with all the div 1 talent and the great winning % they have enjoyed it's been 22 years since coach Hooks has hoisted that trophy.

Interesting!  It sounds like WOS will be much better than last year.  So, for NED to prevail, they will have to be much, much better.  

For those in the know, is this the case for NED this year?  On the other hand, do others agree that WOS will be much better this year?

COOP:  WOS put it on Nederland pretty good last year.  There are some here that think Nederland will return the favor this year.  What has changed on both sides that would warrant this conclusion?  I understand this is not your view, but maybe you -- or anyone else -- can give us some insight into their thinking why Nederland will have the advantage.

Smitty, there is no logic or case to be made here.  Nederland fans believe in their team and WO-S fans believe in their team.  I don't have a dog in THIS fight but WO-S is in our district (21-3A) and they will be as good or BETTER than they were last year.  You can take that to the bank.

If WOS' defense is better than last year, then this might present a problem for NED again.  Also might present a problem for many others as well.

It's looking like WOS will be better this year. One reason their OL finally has some size and the Defense will be better as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83