FHWSLL @ NLL 12's

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mid 70's @ 12? might need to get that radar gun checked.maybe the kid from f.h.w.s. hits 70 some cuz of his size but i dont know about  any 12 hitting mid 70's on a consistent basis.if they do they should be on varsity by 8th grade  by then mid 80's is ez.

Guest Brubaker

FHWS  has 2 that can throw 65   66

There were NO kids from FHWS that pitched against NLL that threw 65-66.  Folks always OVERESTIMATE a pitchers speed. 

Guest Brubaker

Scalp em', I'm talking FHWS, not the BC kid, I haven't seen him play.  I never comment on something I haven't seen. I saw the FHWS pitchers and none threw over 60!

Guest Bucman08

you wanna put money on it ?the last pitcher was clocked at 64 in select 8 months ago .ask the young guns coach he had the radar ...... .  BC kids are not the only only ones that know how to play the game.

Scalp em', I'm talking FHWS, not the BC kid, I haven't seen him play.  I never comment on something I haven't seen. I saw the FHWS pitchers and none threw over 60!

I agree, I didn't think it looked like FHWS pitchers were throwing above maybe 60-61. I think more like 58 or so, but I may be wrong. They were throwing much, much slower than the BC pitcher, and that I can promise you.

Guest Brubaker

That's all I was saying, you sound like you know what you're talking about... but giving the FHWS kid 60 plus is innaccurate in my opinion, I don't care what homer BUC says.  I didn't see anyone in that game breaking 60, NLL included... just callin it like I see it.  Scalp em, pm' me, I think I played Babe Ruth baseball with you, just wanna check.

Guest Brubaker

Just want you to know Buc, that NOBODY in that game busted 60, No Ned player, no FHWS player, don't care what they clocked em at two weeks ago, just didn't happen in that game. you gotta Scalp em and myself who have a visual JUGGS gun and that game never saw a ball over 60... just trust us.

Guest Bucman08

really he has been clocked at 64 at ford park by the coach of the young guns  but not consistant . He doesnt pitch alot . Mostly plays ss

Yea Slade, but how many pitches did he throw against NLL. If he threw more than 20 he's done for one game. I know ya'll have the first baseman and two 11 year olds left for this game and burned two pitchers for sure against NLL. My son is friends with one of yall's players and we got the scoop ;):D

Guys I have a radar gun, a jugs gun from when I played. I sat right behind home plate for last weekends pre tournament at friendswood. I clocked one kid at 70-75...he throws that hard but is that wild as well. I didnt get anyone else the whole tourney over 66 and that was a kid from friendswood. I clocked one lefty from galveston at 64-65. everyone else was 58-63.  The kid that threw 75 looks like he is 16 and plays MLB on the football team. He is just a freak athlete that will be playing college or pro ball somewhere if he stays out of trouble.

Guys I have a radar gun, a jugs gun from when I played. I sat right behind home plate for last weekends pre tournament at friendswood. I clocked one kid at 70-75...he throws that hard but is that wild as well. I didnt get anyone else the whole tourney over 66 and that was a kid from friendswood. I clocked one lefty from galveston at 64-65. everyone else was 58-63.  The kid that threw 75 looks like he is 16 and plays MLB on the football team. He is just a freak athlete that will be playing college or pro ball somewhere if he stays out of trouble.

It's really not that big of a deal that everyone needs to get on here and prove their point and challenge and doubt each other.

The fact of the matter is:

Chase Shugart, BC, is steadily hitting the low 70's with his fastball with good control. I've seen this kid pitch for the last few years and he has gotten better and better.

Kameron Williams from HF is 6'3" tall - 220 lbs - and is athletic, not some big clumsy lug and was clocked in Houston last fall in the low 70's consistently with mid 70's hit when he didn't like the previous call. With Kam on the mound, the batter better be on his toes. He has been known to come a couple of feet inside.

These two pitched against each other in 11 yr old all stars last year. The big kid dislocated his knee in the 4th inning on a play at the plate with HF leading 1-0 on a home run by Kameron. BC ended up winning the game 2-1 after he left.

The fact of the matter is that both of these kids have been blessed with above average speed for 12 year olds. Now whether are not their parents burn them out or they develop other interests is another story. Instead of doubting what your reading, just come out and watch them play and you will see for yourself. If they both stick with it, 21-3A will have some fun battles in about 3 or 4 years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics