U.S. Open at Bethpage Black

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tiger
    • Phil
    • The field

I hope Tiger wins, but I am picking either Geoff Ogilvy or Sergio Garcia to finally win a major!!!!

Go Americans!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Garcia is a Spaniard and Ogilvy is Austrailan I think. Go Americans?

Tiger is a 4-1 favorite and Phil is 6-1. David Duval is 500-1

I hope Tiger wins, but I am picking either Geoff Ogilvy or Sergio Garcia to finally win a major!!!!

No Kidding!!!!!!!!!!

I know where they are from.  I feel that they will compete and possibly win, but ultimately I am pulling for an American!!!!!!!!!  Duh!!!!!!

I know more about golf that any other member on this forum.............do NOT question my golf intellect!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

No Kidding!!!!!!!!!!

I know where they are from.  I feel that they will compete and possibly win, but ultimately I am pulling for an American!!!!!!!!!  Duh!!!!!!

I know more about golf that any other member on this forum.............do NOT question my golf intellect!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Please accept my humble apology. I will try to refrain from offending the SETX golf guru.

Meanwhile, while Lefty is normally not my favorite, I'm pulling for him this time. He needs a break, and besides, his wife wants the trophy! My wife would want the check and for me to put "my" trophy in the garage.

Go Phil!

Oh yeah, I'm gonna also pull for David Duval. He's been playing like me for a couple of years. He says hes got his swing back. We'll see...

Hope the rain doesn't affect play too much. The USGA has already said no lift, clean, and place for the Open. The weather should make the course play very long, but the greens should hold long irons, so it should be exciting.

Mud on the ball. >:( That's one of the few things I hate while playing.

Hope the rain doesn't affect play too much. The USGA has already said no lift, clean, and place for the Open. The weather should make the course play very long, but the greens should hold long irons, so it should be exciting.

Mud on the ball. >:( That's one of the few things I hate while playing.

yeah, i usually just end up with rough on mine.

No Kidding!!!!!!!!!!

Please accept my humble apology. I will try to refrain from offending the SETX golf guru.

Meanwhile, while Lefty is normally not my favorite, I'm pulling for him this time. He needs a break, and besides, his wife wants the trophy! My wife would want the check and for me to put "my" trophy in the garage.

Go Phil!

Oh yeah, I'm gonna also pull for David Duval. He's been playing like me for a couple of years. He says hes got his swing back. We'll see...

he's definitely in the hunt!

you gotta feel bad for the guys who got screwed by being in the morning flight for the first two rounds (tiger included).  the conditions were infiinitely easier for those in the afternoon flight, as represented by the fact that only one player from the morning flight was in the top 10 after the second round.

This course is very unforgiving. The primary cut of rough, usually you can't see the ball. This course, you can't see your feet.

Yes the rough is brutal, but keep in mind that the fairways are like 25% wider than in 2002 when the US Open was last at Bethpage Black.  The rain has made this course easier and harder at the same time.  Rough is tough with the depth of it and it makes it even harder when it is wet grass.  On the other hand the fairways are wider and very soft which in turn makes them play even wider than they really are.

I am no hopeful that either Phil or Duval comes from behind tomorrow.  Both would make wonderful side stories!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami