2009 Pinto All Star Tourney

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late to the thread, but really enjoyed the scrimmage last week.  The Twin County team is solid all the way around.

The brackets are out for both Shetland and Pinto.  I tried to attach them, but the uploader is still full.

Good Luck to All the Teams.

Vidor #1 won another tournament this weekend at Ford Park.  Last weekend they took the Jasper LL invitational.

Even though they have gotten the best of Orange, I think Orange is still coming with the goal of winning it.  It sounds like PA is strong (and I believe it watching the 2 teams in the Dir tourney).  I have seen how strong TC is firsthand.  And don't forget about Vidor #2.  They have some awesome players as well.

This should be a tournament chuck full of great teams.

That Vidor team is very good, and congrats to them. The Orange team was good also, but Vidor was above everyone.  Our team just begin playing and struggled badly. Hopefully we can take this tourney back to Port Neches and learn some things from it. I guess we were introduced to select baseball >:(  Good luck to all teams

That Vidor team is very good, and congrats to them. The Orange team was good also, but Vidor was above everyone.  Our team just begin playing and struggled badly. Hopefully we can take this tourney back to Port Neches and learn some things from it. I guess we were introduced to select baseball >:(  Good luck to all teams

Actually, that is just a PONY league all star team.  But, they are fantastic. 

I predict Port Arthur, Orange, TC and Vidor in the Final Four (Sorry Groves and Vidor 2). 

I think that Vidor is working with a special group of kids at just the right time.  They will be almost impossible to beat twice, no matter the luck.  However, that is why they play the game.

The team that is most intriguing is Port Arthur.  I think their hitting may be best overall in the tournament.  I just don't know if their defense will be able to stop the solid bats from every team.  Everyone is counting on Terry bringing a great team (remember Shetland two years ago, they could have won it).  Everyone knows how good TC will be from last year (both Shetland and Pinto).  Port Arthur is the up and coming team.  I saw some huge bats on the two teams that played in the Director's Tourney.

Just my 2 cents

Of coarse The GOAT takes all request into consideration, but he does have the final say. The GOAT also predicts PA to be in the finals because the offense is so consistant, with the perfect mix of speed and power, and excellent baserunning. I just fell you can't account for speed from top to bottom, I also told the coaches if we're not in the finals they will be banned from ever coaching again. ;)

Here is my list of request:

Plenty of Ice Cold Gatorade

Plenty of Ice Gold Bottled Water

Plenty of Ice Gold Water in the Dugouts

Waitresses ;D ;D ;D

Play the games in the Astrodome.............A/C!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

For TC to win the tournament!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Vidor 1 is the heavy favorite.  In addition to the kids that they had two years ago, they have added some big studs who have matured.  I know that TC has some big sticks -- possibly the biggest in the tournament in Greyson Cash.  He is going to test even the PA Field.  TG always has a great team and they will be ready to go (although may be running a bit tired...but I won't say why).  PA has some major sticks and speed, but their glove work may get them in trouble.  On the other hand, Vidor 2 has a nice blend of gloves and bats -- they could really surprise.  I was unable to see any Groves teams this year but I remember 2 years ago some really good players. 

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the food in PA (and music). 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder