What is the best thing Bush did during his presidency?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.  He really handled 9/11 and the aftermath well.

2.  Tax cuts

3.  Medicare Reform

4.  Health savings accounts

5.  Banned partial birth abortion

6.  Teacher protection act

7.  USA Freedom Corps

8.  Funding to fight AIDS in Africa

Not a big thing but I've also enjoyed not being bothered by telemarketers because of his action blocking them from calling. 

I think that the guy has moxy and the fact that the liberals could never get under his collar just drove them crazy.  He wasn't the greatest speaker in the world and wasn't a policy wonk but he was "dumb like a fox". 

I think that he was  a very good Governor.  Under his tenure presiding over Texas,  Democrats and Republicans actually got along.  He and Bob Bullock were very close.  Bush gave school teachers  a very much needed $3000 raise, reduced property taxes and signed concealed carry legislation into law. 

Guest DickVitale

Where are the moderators, when you need them? You gonna allow name calling? What gives? What is a walking sewer supposed to mean? I think thats a racist comment! ::)....That is my opinion...RESPECT IT! ;)

#1 He did WHATEVER WAS NEEDED to keep our country safe!

#2 Despite the HUGE amount of hate that was thrown his way, he seemed to have huge shoulders and didn't care what the media was saying.  He knew what was right and was directed by that.

#3 The Supreme Court Justices he appointed were home runs

#4 Taxes were kept lower, and during the first six years of his administration we had perhaps the greatest expanding ecomony in current history.

To me his failures...

Didn't have enough regulation on banks and mortgage companies (although democrats share the blame for this in the congressional committees that over saw these things)

To me the biggest failure was his failure to secure the Mexican border

I might have got carried away  ;D  ;D  ;D 

1. Banned Partial Birth Abortion — by far the most significant roll-back of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade.

2. Signed the Teacher Protection Act, which protects teachers from lawsuits related to student discipline.

3. Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history.

4. Turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks.

5. Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people.

6. Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals.

7. Provided $20 million to states to help people with disabilities work from home.

8. Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child.

9. Changed the tone in the White House, restoring HONOR and DIGNITY to the presidency. (no hanky panky)

10. Handled himself with enormous courage, dignity, grace, determination, and leadership in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 hijackings and anthrax attacks. He almost single-handedly held this country together during those searing days....how soon we forget!

11. Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed.

12. Was one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever hand in the U.S. presidency.

13. Prohibited putting U.S. troops under U.N. command.

14. Earmarked at least 20 percent of the Defense procurement budget for next-generation weaponry.

15. Increased defense research and development spending by at least $20 billion from fiscal 2002 to 2006.

16. Signed TWO bills into law that arm our pilots with handguns in the cockpit. Important if your in the plane!!

17. Led the most extensive reorganization the Federal bureaucracy in over 50 years: After 9/11, condensed 20+ overlapping agencies and their intelligence sectors into one agency, the Department of Homeland Security.

I might have got carried away   ;D   ;D   ;D 

1. Banned Partial Birth Abortion — by far the most significant roll-back of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade.

2. Signed the Teacher Protection Act, which protects teachers from lawsuits related to student discipline.

3. Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history.

4. Turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks.

5. Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people.

6. Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals.

7. Provided $20 million to states to help people with disabilities work from home.

8. Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child.

9. Changed the tone in the White House, restoring HONOR and DIGNITY to the presidency. (no hanky panky)

10. Handled himself with enormous courage, dignity, grace, determination, and leadership in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 hijackings and anthrax attacks. He almost single-handedly held this country together during those searing days....how soon we forget!

11. Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed.

12. Was one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever hand in the U.S. presidency.

13. Prohibited putting U.S. troops under U.N. command.

14. Earmarked at least 20 percent of the Defense procurement budget for next-generation weaponry.

15. Increased defense research and development spending by at least $20 billion from fiscal 2002 to 2006.

16. Signed TWO bills into law that arm our pilots with handguns in the cockpit. Important if your in the plane!!

17. Led the most extensive reorganization the Federal bureaucracy in over 50 years: After 9/11, condensed 20+ overlapping agencies and their intelligence sectors into one agency, the Department of Homeland Security.

Hard to imagine all these things with our current media...

According to the news he was the cause of all the wrongs in the world.

Guest DickVitale

You people... ::)...How can you say that George W did GOOD when he was hands down THE worst president in the modern era?  He WAS the cause of the MAJORITY of the world's disgust of Americans...How can you deny that? You people.... ::)

You people... ::)...How can you say that George W did GOOD when he was hands down THE worst president in the modern era?  He WAS the cause of the MAJORITY of the world's disgust of Americans...How can you deny that? You people.... ::)

Boy it sure stinks in here now. 

Read Animal Farm...

Some of us are not as gullible as the sheep in the book that believe everything that is read to them by the liberal media.

Bush had his faults (as did EVERY president), but it isn't that hard to find the good that he did.

I guess since you are so brainwashed, you are UNABLE to notice that when the economy went down hill the last two years of his administration, the democrats WERE IN CHARGE OF CONGRESS!

Keep drinking the kool aid and believing everything that is fed to you by the biased media.

You must have memorized from Animal Farm....

"Four legs good, two legs bad...."

or in modern times....

"Democrats good, Bush is bad"

Guest DickVitale

Yeah and you keep allowing the SE Texas mentality cloud YOUR mind.... ::)...If you think that the president with the LOWEST APPROVAL rating in HISTORY has done any good, you are crazier than I thought...He has single handedly RUINED the economy with is selfish antics, and personal agendas...He was a horrible president and now Obama is charged with trying to turn this thing around while racist FOX NEWS followers attempt to blame HIM for what YOUR boy George has done!! How about that? "Now...watch this shot".....Remember that? If not ask somebody who knows...UNBELIEVABLE. George W is and was a J-O-K-E.

Guest DickVitale

I'm not throwing race into it, man. It is what it is....FOX NEWS HATES anything having to do with Obama, and quite frankly I can't think of any other reason why...Can you? How can they blame HIM for the economy and he has barely been in office 100 days? Dumb.

Yeah and you keep allowing the SE Texas mentality cloud YOUR mind.... ::)...If you think that the president with the LOWEST APPROVAL rating in HISTORY has done any good, you are crazier than I thought...He has single handedly RUINED the economy with is selfish antics, and personal agendas...He was a horrible president and now Obama is charged with trying to turn this thing around while racist FOX NEWS followers attempt to blame HIM for what YOUR boy George has done!! How about that? "Now...watch this shot".....Remember that? If not ask somebody who knows...UNBELIEVABLE. George W is and was a J-O-K-E.

So typical, conspiracy theories. ::) Single handedly :D ::)

Guest DickVitale

OK. Why did we REALLY invade Iraq, then...Weapons of mass destruction, right? Oh , OK..... ::).....GREED!  >:(...But I am not surprised at all...Look at the history of this country....Do you REALLY celebrate Columbus Day? What a crock... ::)