What is the best thing Bush did during his presidency?

Dickyv and dove are koolaid drinkers...

The path that Obama is on right now will make him one of the worst Presidents ever....    Atleast the folks on the otherside of your arguement can admit the failures of Bush....    You need to take your racial crap and shove it.... Dickey is an Al Sharpton wannabe... he tries to make everything into a race issue...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repubs to blame. Not enough govt. intervention to stop the greed in our capitalistic society.

As a consumer, we all get screwed including the poor repubs and demos.

Obama raised the taxes on cigarettes and wants to increase gas tax. Funny thing about raising these taxes it hurts the poor more than the rich. A rich person can afford $5.00 gallon in his yacht.......a rich person can afford $7.00 cigarettes........Obama is hurting the poor by increasing taxes on these two things....... BUT, if you drink the KoolAid, it really don't matter!      :D

Obama raised the taxes on cigarettes and wants to increase gas tax. Funny thing about raising these taxes it hurts the poor more than the rich. A rich person can afford $5.00 gallon in his yacht.......a rich person can afford $7.00 cigarettes........Obama is hurting the poor by increasing taxes on these two things....... BUT, if you drink the KoolAid, it really don't matter!      :D

I've said it before and I will stick with it.  Anyone that believes that Obama is not going to increase taxes dramatically on the middle class also believes that Elvis is alive and the moon is made of green cheese.... but it won't be on income taxes, just as he promised.

The middle class keeps Coca Cola, Marlboro, Exxon-Mobile and Domino's Pizza in business. Does Bill Gates care if colas go up 15cents a can? Does he buy many anyway? Does Al Gore care if his SUV costs another $20 to fill it up and does that $20 deplete his weekly income? Will Obama care if pizzas go up $2 each in delivery charges? I doubt that with his personal chef, he is sending out for a late night Papa John's deluxe.

There is no way to increase the USA budget spending by $1.5 trillion dollars and not raise taxes on everyone. So who is it going to hurt the most? So what if Bill Gates pays 60% of his income in taxes? He will only make $400,000,000 a year instead of an even billion? Wow, bet that hurts him to only make $400 million after taxes.

Yep, we will get change. The blind foolishly believe that with the passing of his mighty hand, Obama will make the rich as common people and the poor will rise out of the projects and take their rightful place in society.

.... and I have that land to sell at the beach, just as soon as the tide goes out.

Come on man...You're a history teacher....you know that the texbooks do not tell the story at all...They make it look like it was no big deal. Come on Dayton, you know... ::)

It is still undermined.  I don't think that it's as much about an apology as a true, heartfelt, compassionate suggestion that IT WAS WRONG.  I just keep getting...it was bad, but it was part of history; Africans sold slaves; our forefathers did the best they could; at least it's over now.  Yet, somebody gets their boxers/briefs in a wad because someone states that they don't care about car bombs and children being killed overseas.  It's just the lack of empathy for what happened...the nonchalantness.  All I can say is you're definitely in the right place. 

Give me a break......it was over a 100 years ago. There WERE white slaves.......I'm not blaming anyone or asking anyone for an apology. I was upset about the car bomb because it was in the last few days..... Find something else to be mad about.........

You make Little sense. We all say its bad and we disagree.......yet we don't have a true, heartfelt, compassionate apology for you......and that's OUR fault??     ::)   ::)

LMAO!  Sorry, but I don't need your apology.  I have not said that there were not white slaves, in fact, I have stated before that my family was probably indentured.  I thought that I just wrote that I don't think that it is as much a matter of apologizing as it understanding and empathizing with the fact that it just should not have been allowed to go on and that it was a horrific part of our history.  It's easy for us to say because we weren't enslaved because I guarantee if we would have been...we might be a wee-bit more understanding.

We don't have to agree with everything each other says, but I had at least hoped that everyone could respect the other.  I've always taught my boys the same things because one of the biggest problems I see with people today is the lack or respect we have towards one another.  Just because someone has a differing opinion with me or because they might affiliate themselves with someone that I choose not to, I do respect them for their opinion because we are supposed to.  I am not going to suggest that you are any of the things that I seen flung on here.

To whoever locked the other thread...you were certainly on top of what you are supposed to be doing.  Thanks for acting on it so quickly.  Keeping it respectable, huh? 

Come on man...You're a history teacher....you know that the texbooks do not tell the story at all...They make it look like it was no big deal. Come on Dayton, you know... ::)

It is still undermined.  I don't think that it's as much about an apology as a true, heartfelt, compassionate suggestion that IT WAS WRONG.  I just keep getting...it was bad, but it was part of history; Africans sold slaves; our forefathers did the best they could; at least it's over now.  Yet, somebody gets their boxers/briefs in a wad because someone states that they don't care about car bombs and children being killed overseas.  It's just the lack of empathy for what happened...the nonchalantness.  All I can say is you're definitely in the right place. 

Give me a break......it was over a 100 years ago. There WERE white slaves.......I'm not blaming anyone or asking anyone for an apology. I was upset about the car bomb because it was in the last few days..... Find something else to be mad about.........

You make Little sense. We all say its bad and we disagree.......yet we don't have a true, heartfelt, compassionate apology for you......and that's OUR fault??     ::)   ::)

LMAO!  Sorry, but I don't need your apology.  I have not said that there were not white slaves, in fact, I have stated before that my family was probably indentured.  I thought that I just wrote that I don't think that it is as much a matter of apologizing as it understanding and empathizing with the fact that it just should not have been allowed to go on and that it was a horrific part of our history.  It's easy for us to say because we weren't enslaved because I guarantee if we would have been...we might be a wee-bit more understanding.

We don't have to agree with everything each other says, but I had at least hoped that everyone could respect the other.  I've always taught my boys the same things because one of the biggest problems I see with people today is the lack or respect we have towards one another.  Just because someone has a differing opinion with me or because they might affiliate themselves with someone that I choose not to, I do respect them for their opinion because we are supposed to.  I am not going to suggest that you are any of the things that I seen flung on here.

To whoever locked the other thread...you were certainly on top of what you are supposed to be doing.  Thanks for acting on it so quickly.  Keeping it respectable, huh? 

I'm sorry, but I don't see the reasoning behind being empathetic to someone for something that my great, great, great grandfather might have done to his great, great, great grandfather or for something that one of my buddy's great, great, great grandfathers might have done to one of his buddy's great, great, great grandfather.

Slavery was a terrible, terrible thing and I believe that we should have respect for the cultures of others, but in no way am I responsible for the actions of one of my distant ancestors. I had no part in those actions and, therefore, I have no reason to be empathetic to one of the descendants of a victim of those actions. It's not my fault. I didn't do it. In addition to that, the descendant of the victim wasn't a victim. He's a descendant. To imply that I owe him something for the crimes my ancestor might have committed against his ancestor is similar to implying that I should expect compensation from the germans, italians, koreans, vietnamese, british, spanish, mexicans, and japanese for crimes that some of their ancestors might have committed against some of my ancestors. It's one of those "sins of the father" ordeals, and, I'm sorry, but, last time I checked, we'd moved beyond that particular point in history.