Most painful loss?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First year of my Jags existance. We play WB down to the wire. WB has a 4th and goal in the red zone. Can't quite remember where the ball was but I think it was between the 10 and 15 yd line. We stop them we go to the playoffs. They throw a fade over our CB's head. I don't think he even saw the ball. WB went to playoffs that year. I was sick. Malcolm Frank was held in check that night.

We were #1 ranked at the begining of that yr. Was a real heart breaker. :'(

LOL, it was viewed from several different angles, no pass int.  Not to mention the 70 something yard run that we broke loose the next play.  That's ok, no home cooking in Bulldog stadium this year! :)

:'(  December 18,2004

3A Div. II State Championship

when time ran out on Jaspers beloved Bulldogs in what is known as one the best championship games (if not one of the best ever in all games) in the state of Texas as they lost to Gilmer 49-47.  our boys gave an example of "having heart" that day i feel no highschool team can surprass! though very disappointed for our Dawgs on the final score........they have/will always be champions in all of us Dawg fans eyes!

im sure the 44-43 loss to Kirbyville last year was painful as well

HJ vs SFA in 92.  all tied up with 2 min to go in the 4th. we were tied in penatrations and were killing them in yards. they squib kick, our SO drops the ball goes to pick it up and another SO runs into him. they recover on the 22 yard line. they get to the 19 and we sack them. LOSE by a 1 yard penatration and our playoff dreams smashed.

07-08 when lcm lost to wo-s 6-0, lost with less than a minute left on a hail mary,

That was a pretty good catch, but that's the kind of game I like to see.  ;)

Besides the WO-S school board election this past Saturday, I would have to say the game vs. Giddings in 2005 (I believe).  Coach Foreman (Mark) was due to retire and said that he couldn't because he had to go one more year with the kids.  Great, great man!

HJ vs SFA in 92.  all tied up with 2 min to go in the 4th. we were tied in penatrations and were killing them in yards. they squib kick, our SO drops the ball goes to pick it up and another SO runs into him. they recover on the 22 yard line. they get to the 19 and we sack them. LOSE by a 1 yard penatration and our playoff dreams smashed.

Who  was on that that HJ team hitman, because i remembered that game differently.

WOS/Silsbee 1998 season 1st round playoff game. :'(  We probably had the best WOS team since '87. We couldnt do anything right that game fumbles, interceptions, missed pat, players falling down in the mud. Why in the ---- did we play at TJ anyway? IMO one of the worst fields around. I do believe Silsbee went a few rounds deep that year.

WOS/Silsbee 1998 season 1st round playoff game. :'(   We probably had the best WOS team since '87. We couldnt do anything right that game fumbles, interceptions, missed pat, players falling down in the mud. Why in the ---- did we play at TJ anyway? IMO one of the worst fields around. I do believe Silsbee went a few rounds deep that year.

They lost to LaMarque in the 4th round... LM went on to lose in the Championship to Stephenville.

WOS/Silsbee 1998 season 1st round playoff game. :'(   We probably had the best WOS team since '87. We couldnt do anything right that game fumbles, interceptions, missed pat, players falling down in the mud. Why in the ---- did we play at TJ anyway? IMO one of the worst fields around. I do believe Silsbee went a few rounds deep that year.

They lost to LaMarque in the 4th round... LM went on to lose in the Championship to Stephenville.

Thats what I thought. They were way better than the first time we played them that year. They just beat us hands down. They wanted it more. Of course if we would have won, we prolly would have been bounced by LaMarque. Just like they did to us the year before.

Thats what I thought. They were way better than the first time we played them that year. They just beat us hands down. They wanted it more. Of course if we would have won, we prolly would have been bounced by LaMarque. Just like they did to us the year before.

Yeah... One of silsbee's players from that team told me that were really clicking late in the year.

LM beat us the round before they beat Silsbee, that one hurt too. Silsbee and Dayton both gave them a game though. 9 pt loss for Silsbee and 6 pts for dayton.

Who  was on that that HJ team hitman, because i remembered that game differently.

I also remember that game differently hitman, i do also remember burning your defense on and TE reverse for like 35 or 40 yards. I remember several catches over those corners.

Who do you want??? QB- Esprit, RB -Sostan, Anderson WB-Mckeller, Granger WR - Vaglica, Parrish, OL - Alvey, Barry, Petag.......Got the game tape in my truck!!! 19-19 tie!!! Sostan runs into Grogan on the kick off which SFA had to score to tie it up..if fact missed extra point by SFA that tied it.....then after they got the 1 yard penatration and after the sack, a blocked field goal by HJ. HJ recovers on the 26. Next play Esprit threw a interception (which was his 3rd on the night). Johnson takes one snap and fumbles but recovers then the Knee down to run the clock out>>>>Does that jog you guys memory any?????

I also remember that game differently hitman, i do also remember burning your defense on and TE reverse for like 35 or 40 yards. I remember several catches over those corners.

Ha, Ha, .  No catches to my side!!!!!!!!! they did burn our safteys once on a TE streak when we were in cover 2.  And by the way, nice to show up to work finially!! I think I see more grey hair though... ;)

Who do you want??? QB- Esprit, RB -Sostan, Clark WB-Mckeller, Granger WR - Vaglica, Parrish, OL - Alvey, Barry, Petag.......Got the game tape in my truck!!! 19-19 tie!!! Sostan runs into Grogan on the kick off which SFA had to score to tie it up..if fact missed extra point by SFA that tied it.....then after they got the 1 yard penatration and after the sack, a blocked field goal by HJ. HJ recovers on the 26. Next play Esprit threw a interception (which was his 3rd on the night). Johnson takes one snap and fumbles but recovers then the Knee down to run the clock out>>>>Does that jog you guys memory any?????

hitman you sound kind of cocky in a loss, but anyway since you have the tape in your truck,you saw the ref bail ya'll out on the opening kickoff  in which i ran it back for a TD. H.J. really had no chance. You can thank the that ref for the game being so close. ;D ;) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder