Best Nederland Qb Ever?

brad sullivan was very good.dustin hood too.

Brad Sullivan was a impressive big physical looking prospect. His senior season, I went to see Nederland play WO-S. I was awed by him. By the time they met PNG he'd faded a little. He still was a great prospect.

From pure athletic ability, probably Brad Sullivan. The was fast, could run with moves and had a very good arm. He was simply an awesome high school quarterback. From a speed standpoint (especially for a quarterback), if you ever let Sullivan have an open lane, he was gone. There were very few people that could catch him in the open. I don't think he had the size to move on to a major college but for high school he was tops.

Dustin Hood had about the best passing arm that I have seen in the last twenty years in Nederland. He didn't have the run ability but from a drop back passer, he was almost unbeatable and had huge numbers to back it up.

Under the current spread type offenses I think Sullivan would be great with his more complete package of speed, running ability and passing ability.

Both were just very good athletes and were equally adept at baseball. Possibly Nederland's best ever quarterbacks got Div I scholarships...but for baseball.

From pure athletic ability, probably Brad Sullivan. The was fast, could run with moves and had a very good arm. He was simply an awesome high school quarterback. From a speed standpoint (especially for a quarterback), if you ever let Sullivan have an open lane, he was gone. There were very few people that could catch him in the open. I don't think he had the size to move on to a major college but for high school he was tops.

Dustin Hood had about the best passing arm that I have seen in the last twenty years in Nederland. He didn't have the run ability but from a drop back passer, he was almost unbeatable and had huge numbers to back it up.

Under the current spread type offenses I think Sullivan would be great with his more complete package of speed, running ability and passing ability.

Both were just very good athletes and were equally adept at baseball. Possibly Nederland's best ever quarterbacks got Div I scholarships...but for baseball.

The best I've seen, and yes, this topic has been covered.

I don't know about best QB ever, but someone must have been pretty good to lead Nederland to a State title 50 years ago.  Who was that quarterback that lead us to our only State Title?  Betcha Bum and McKenzie remember!

In the mid-60's, before that 20+ year drought to PN-G and 30 years before our present playoff series run there was Steve Stuart that took Big Ned deep into the playoffs and signed on at Baylor.

Don't forget these Black & Gold Ghosts from the past.

see 'ya on the field

brad sullivan was very good.dustin hood too.

Brad Sullivan was a impressive big physical looking prospect. His senior season, I went to see Nederland play WO-S. I was awed by him. By the time they met PNG he'd faded a little. He still was a great prospect.

I was at that game! when he took off up the middle on that long run I knew the game was over.

1 guy that would certainly be mentioned if it hadnt been for an injury would be ryan sampere for just 1 game and against the type of team it was against he was as awsome as any ive seen since 81 which is when i moved to this area great kid and an awsome athelete none better

1 guy that would certainly be mentioned if it hadnt been for an injury would be ryan sampere for just 1 game and against the type of team it was against he was as awsome as any ive seen since 81 which is when i moved to this area great kid and an awsome athelete none better

ryan would have been a good one, just got a bad break.

Brad Sullivan or Dustin Hood , that's a difficult decision. Dustin was such a great pocket passer, accurate and cool under pressure. Brad was just an excellent athlete who had a rocket arm and scrambling ability.

I can't choose one, but I know one thing they could shine on the baseball diamond. 

Guest Penny

Barrow was terrible, weak arm, weak mind and couldn't run out of sight in a week.........................

I think they were referring to high school, not today Hogan.

Barrow was terrible, weak arm, weak mind and couldn't run out of sight in a week.........................

How could he have a weak mind with a head like that???

Yea you right Rider Mr. Barrow must have been very proud sitting in the stands.  You couldn't miss his son, he was the one that looked like Jack in the box's son.

How could he have a weak mind with a head like that???

Yea you right Rider Mr. Barrow must have been very proud sitting in the stands.  You couldn't miss his son, he was the one that looked like Jack in the box's son.

I didn't know they made helmets that big ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83