**BH vs Crosby Updates....14-4 Crosby Wins!!**

Wow the hill must have ran out pitching.who threw?

Peterson

Mitchell

Rocha

We're still looking for someone to step up and be the solid #2 starter that we need. I'd still like to see Carmona throw some more. He has looked very solid in the couple of outings he's had. He's got some pretty good stuff and he's got outstanding composure on the mound. He will battle and has the perfect mindset for a pitcher. I wouldn't mind seeing "The Rocket" throw a little also. Good fastball and curveball.

Peterson

Mitchell

Rocha

We're still looking for someone to step up and be the solid #2 starter that we need. I'd still like to see Carmona throw some more. He has looked very solid in the couple of outings he's had. He's got some pretty good stuff and he's got outstanding composure on the mound. He will battle and has the perfect mindset for a pitcher. I wouldn't mind seeing "The Rocket" throw a little also. Good fastball and curveball.

Rip why dont you tell old Coach Gil?

Peterson

Mitchell

Rocha

Rip why don't you tell old Coach Gil?

It's not really my place and it's his call. It's just something I'd like to see that IMO could help the team. If not, at least you gave it a shot. I know one of the concerns is not having Carmona at SS which I understand, but if he can give us some solid pitching I think it might be worth it. Tuesday night would be the perfect opportunity to give Carmona a few innings work and to let someone else take some reps at SS. We've got a few guys that I think could fill in at SS if given some reps. None of them would be as good as Carmona but I think the move is worth the risk if the pitching improves.

19-4A

T1. Barbers Hill 4-2

T1. C.E. King 4-2

T1. Crosby 4-2

T1. Kingwood Park 4-2

T5. Dayton 3-3

T5. Galena Park 3-3

7. Goose Creek Memorial 2-4

8. North Forest 0-6

Rip, looks like 2 teams that can play will be sitting home. I missed watching KP at the WOS tourney but have seen Barbers Hill and Crosby when they played at LCM.

Let's put Barbers Hill in, who will be sitting out after district?

19-4A

T1. Barbers Hill 4-2

T1. C.E. King 4-2

T1. Crosby 4-2

T1. Kingwood Park 4-2

T5. Dayton 3-3

T5. Galena Park 3-3

7. Goose Creek Memorial 2-4

8. North Forest 0-6

Rip, looks like 2 teams that can play will be sitting home. I missed watching KP at the WOS tourney but have seen Barbers Hill and Crosby when they played at LCM.

Let's put Barbers Hill in, who will be sitting out after district?

This district is crazy right now. I would have to go with BH, Crosby, and KP at this point but nobody is a definite.  I have no clue with the 4th spot. C.E. King and GP were both solid offensively but I think their pitching hurts them a little. Dayton is solid with Smesny on the mound and Goose Creek beat us so I wouldn't count them out either. This race will go down to the final week. Make no mistake about it, there are no easy wins in this district. Tuesday night's games might seperate the teams a little.

When I seen Barbers Hill at LCM y'all were in the middle of district play and didn't have your ace throwing.

Crosby impressed me at the LCM tourney.

We're a much better team with Burditt on the mound. Sort of like Dayton with Smesny. Crosby is solid. Good hitters, pitchers, and appear to be well coached.

Guest rambleonus

Who does everyone play?  KP has GCM.  BH has NF.  This district is is allot of fun.  I wish the coaches or whoever would report better to the chronicle after the Tuesday and Friday games.  I think since the race is so close in 19-4A maybe SETX should expand their coverage to include all participants of the district.  Just a thought.   

Who does everyone play?  KP has GCM.  BH has NF.  This district is is allot of fun.  I wish the coaches or whoever would report better to the chronicle after the Tuesday and Friday games.  I think since the race is so close in 19-4A maybe SETX should expand their coverage to include all participants of the district.  Just a thought.   

Dayton vs. C.E. King

Crosby vs. Galena Park

Hey guys solid pitching is definitely a plus but it's alot of pressure when your team is not hitting the ball. If you go into a game counting on pitchers to win games you could end up with the same group BH had last year, great pitching with no hitting.

Like when Nolan Ryan pitched for the Astros--drove me nuts

Hey guys solid pitching is definitely a plus but it's alot of pressure when your team is not hitting the ball. If you go into a game counting on pitchers to win games you could end up with the same group BH had last year, great pitching with no hitting.

Like when Nolan Ryan pitched for the Astros--drove me nuts

Cost Ryan at least two Cy Young awards.  >:(

Last year's team included 4 players who hit right at .400 or better for the regular season....Hales, Thamm, Clifton, Ponder.

This year and last year are two different seasons with different players and pitchers.This year the district is a little tougher than Barbers Hill is use to in the past so those players probably will not do as well unless there game has gotten quite a bit better.Good luck with the rest of your season you have a solid team.

This year and last year are two different seasons with different players and pitchers.This year the district is a little tougher than Barbers Hill is use to in the past so those players probably will not do as well unless there game has gotten quite a bit better.Good luck with the rest of your season you have a solid team.

Oh I totally agree. Matter of fact 2 of the 4 I listed do not hit anymore, only pitching at the next level. The other two are still @ BH and are not hitting as well this year at least currently... most likely due to the improved pitching you mentioned.  I'm just referring to the post that BH had all pitching last year and no hitting. Fact is , relative to the competition they played against in that year, BH had at least 4 kids hit .400 or better for the regular season last year. The district pitching in '09 is much better than '08 across the board, not as strong as '07 when New Caney had P.J. Dean and Huffman had Listi and Arnold.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83