8.High Island

9.Spurger

10.Anahuac

lets see what everyone else thinks!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good List, but of these teams...which has been the most consistant.  Kirbyville has the hitting power, and the defense to boot, but can they be consistant over the next 8 games ?, and into the playoffs ?...playoffs..who would have thought....some of the players..that is whom.

Guest beat-em_deep

Good list. Keep it updated. I think you may hear from the Buna fans on having them 3rd.

Yea i know ill hear it lol

here we go.. they beat yall Kirbyville deserves to be #1 and until yall beat them they will stay at #1

Guest beat-em_deep

did orangefield beat us 17 to what ever............ didnt think so

did kirbyville beat lumberton............ didnt think so

who's undefeated in district .............. BUNA

who got beat by woodville.................. kirbyville

Thats besides the point they beat yall so until yall beat them they will stay #1

If yall beat them then yall will go to #1 but they beat yall worse than they beat Evadale so therefore Evadale is #2

It's all going to be played out in the enxt few weeks.  Am thinking Buna is putting it all together and will continue their march deep into the playoffs....ending with a possible state championship in the not too distant future.

The Cougars learned a good deal about themselves with a hard fought victory over Hemphill last year in the Regional Finals.  YEAH YEAH,  I know---last year is last year.  A never say die attitude goes a long way whatever year it is.  A winning tradition is hard to beat.

Guest beat-em_deep

It's all going to be played out in the enxt few weeks.  Am thinking Buna is putting it all together and will continue their march deep into the playoffs....ending with a possible state championship in the not too distant future.

The Cougars learned a good deal about themselves with a hard fought victory over Hemphill last year in the Regional Finals.  YEAH YEAH,  I know---last year is last year.  A never say die attitude goes a long way whatever year it is.  A winning tradition is hard to beat.

yes it will and i will update this list weekly.

Big Sandy and Spurger WOW!!!! Have u seen these 2 teams play. The district they r in is a one horse race with Evadale not having much competition. I have seen them all play and wow they r weak. I believe the playoff teams out of that district will be Evadale, High Island and Sabine Pass.

Good list. Keep it updated. I think you may hear from the Buna fans on having them 3rd.

here we go.. they beat yall Kirbyville deserves to be #1 and until yall beat them they will stay at #1

so Kirbyville can lose every game for the rest of the season and still stay number one cause the beat buna?

If that is what you are saying this poll is a joke!!!  I would give k-ville the #1 spot now but if they lose they move down if the ones behind them do not lose that is the way it works.

i have to agree with the comment .. Big Sandy and Spurger ... should not be on this top 10 .High Island and Sabine Pass .. way better teams then these 2 teams ... clearly i do believe it will be evadale 1st .then a close 2nd with Sabine Pass and High Island and possibly Big Sandy MAY sneak in for that last 3rd place spot over SP or HI...

but def not top 10 worthy .. ive seen them all play ...

Since everyone seems to be ganging up on Kirbyville I have to make a argument for them  :P Kirbyville played a really good H-F team to within 3 runs both times they played us while H-F romped Buna with clark on the mound and with Hillen coming no offense to Buna but I had to help out the wildcats a little bit ha

1.Kirbyville

2.Evadale

3.Buna

4.Kountze

5.Big Sandy

6.East Chambers

7.Deweyville

8.High Island

9.Spurger

10.Anahuac

I like it for a start. I would agree that it can and will change as early as tonight. I have seen Evadale against Big Sandy, High Island, Spurger and Sabine Pass and I would put the top ten like this...

1. Kirbyville

2. Evadale

3. Buna

4. Kountze

5. East Chambers

6. Deweyville

7. High Island

8. Sabine Pass

9. Chester

10. Anahauc

lets see what everyone else thinks!

Look, if any 1A team is gonna be in here, Chester has got to be in there. They may very well be the best team in 1A in our area, although I know some will want to debate it. Spurger and High Island ahead of them? Come on now, be fair and balanced. I haven't seen Evadale, but their results against common opponents have been real similar.

I bet there the youngest team in 1A as well.

here we go.. they beat y'all Kirbyville deserves to be #1 and until y'all beat them they will stay at #1

Thank you 123456 you made our point for us. I always thought that if you beat Buna it made your team season and you just confirmed that. For my understanding of what you are saying that K-ville could lose the rest of their game and they will still be #1. So if Buna and let's say Evadale go on and win state ( let's just say) then because they couldn't play K-Ville again then k-ville would be number 1. So all of us Buna fans and Evadale fans if you win state be sure to tell UIL to put K-Ville name on the trophy. I thought a top ten should be rank by how teams are playing now not what happen in the past. just my opion.that's why I don't put much in polls that are put up by people that apparent ha a dog in the fight. But thanks for the poll so we can have something to talk about.

here we go.. they beat y'all Kirbyville deserves to be #1 and until y'all beat them they will stay at #1

Thank you 123456 you made our point for us. I always thought that if you beat Buna it made your team season and you just confirmed that. For my understanding of what you are saying that K-ville could lose the rest of their game and they will still be #1. So if Buna and let's say Evadale go on and win state ( let's just say) then because they couldn't play K-Ville again then k-ville would be number 1. So all of us Buna fans and Evadale fans if you win state be sure to tell UIL to put K-Ville name on the trophy. I thought a top ten should be rank by how teams are playing now not what happen in the past. just my opion.that's why I don't put much in polls that are put up by people that apparent ha a dog in the fight. But thanks for the poll so we can have something to talk about.

We see eye to eye on this Big Charlie.  Apparently Chester is good enough to be ranked #8 in the state but not make this guys local top 10.  He should have just put K-ville in all ten spots or said they were the best team 2-A and under.  The only reason IMO this thread was started was to start a internet word war or some other childish thing a select few on here do.  Also I think he just looked at a local map for this top ten and picked ten towns cause I don't think he has got outside of K-ville to see any ouf those teams play on his list.

1. Buna

2. Kirbyville

3. Deweyville

4. East Chambers

5. Evadale

6. Kountze

7. Chester

8. Woodville

9. High Island

10. Sabine Pass

I know a lot of people will disagree with this but thats why we all have our own opinion. Starting from the top:

I believe Buna's loss to Kville in a tourny was not a true sign of the best team. In a tournament you don't have your best pitchers ready to go and Buna had a slow start.

Kirbyville is strong this year. Has won against Buna but i still don't believe they are ready to be number one.

EC-Deweyville very close together. EC has beat Deweyville at home but i believe Deweyville will win at home to tie it up. I have Deweyville higher because of EC's loss to Kountze.

Evadale has a great team this year. Nice power with bats. But i believe they wouldn't beat the teams ahead of them. They tied with Kountze but it was in a tournament. Close call

Kountze stuck with Buna until the end losing by one. They also beat EC by one but just don't believe they have enough to be higher.

Chester has solid team. But did get shut out by Legacy 6-0.

Woodville beat Kirbyville and is 3-0 in district. Could be a little higher but i believe they are good here.

High Island and Sabine Pass are close together. The last two spots could move around from game to game.

1. Buna

2. Kirbyville

3. Evadale

4. Deweyville

5. East Chambers

6. Kountze

7. Chester

8. Woodville

9. High Island

10. Sabine Pass

I made a slight change here because the top three teams could be switched around a thousand times. YES Kirbyville beat buna and evadale but they were in tournaments with time limits so no complete game these games could've went either way in a complete game so this is just my opinion. ???

Look, if any 1A team is gonna be in here, Chester has got to be in there. They may very well be the best team in 1A in our area, although I know some will want to debate it. Spurger and High Island ahead of them? Come on now, be fair and balanced. I haven't seen Evadale, but their results against common opponents have been real similar.

I bet there the youngest team in 1A as well.

Evadale has Chester's number Chester has not beat Evadale in who knows when.

We beat Chester 2 or 3 times last year. Evadale had a bad outing  in the playoffs last year but don't look for that to happen this year

This does not hold true because you put Kountze in front of Deweyville!

Where did Kirbyville's hitting power go when ya played those soaring Woodville Eagles?

We out hit woodville 12 - 5 and 5 or 6 outs were linedrives to center or left. The ball was not bouncing our way that night.

As for who is better, I would still take Kirbyville.

Rankings are based on record!!!

Kirbyville has better record, this would include all games no matter who is pitching. If you are not basing on records alone then here is more information that shows Kville is better:

1. Buna lost to Silsbee - Kirbyville beat them bad twice (17-1)

2. Buna lost to HJ - Kirbyville beat HJ

3. Buna lost to HF 11 -0. Kirbyville lost as well but only by 1 run

4. Buna barley beat Kountze, Kirbyville spanked them

5. Buna beat Deweyville 5 - 0. Kirbyville beat them (17-2)

6. Last but not least Kirbyville beat BUNA!!!

Buna struggles against anyone who can hit their spots. yes, they have good pitching but their bats need improvement. If a pitcher or the defense has a off game, they lose.  That's the way it was last year and the way it is this year.

Guest beat-em_deep

ok sorry i forgot about chester. this poll is my opinion get off of me  ;) lol. Its here to see what yall opinions are too so yall posts yalls thoughts too!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder