Need help

I was looking for the track times for this year to see how some of the local high school athletes do compared to Lamar's athletes, but I can't find anything on the Lamar website, or I didn't see it.  Can someone tell or show me how to see some of the results on the times for this year?  Thanks.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Hope this helps. We only have 4 guys that don't run distance, so there isn't a whole lot to compare. 2 run the 400 and 2 run the hurdles. We do have a few girls though that run. The distance races were run Friday night, the 1500 was at 10:15 and I ran the 5000 at 11:15. I've never run that late, it was wierd.

Hey Bobcats05, what's your brothers PR in the 110's?  I know he ran 15.7 at the Bobcat Relays.

His fastest is a 15.2, that's why I wanted to know what the college times were, and after looking at one page he is faster than a lot of them.  Maybe Lamar will want him  ;D

His fastest is a 15.2, that's why I wanted to know what the college times were, and after looking at one page he is faster than a lot of them.  Maybe Lamar will want him  ;D

Lamar favors their distance program, which is where the bulk of their scholarships are...a sprinter may want to look at another Texas school, perhaps one with an SLC championship quality track facility, which LU does not.

Lamar favors their distance program, which is where the bulk of their scholarships are...a sprinter may want to look at another Texas school, perhaps one with an SLC championship quality track facility, which LU does not.

I think the hurdles get bumped up again when you get to college, so that might affect the times a little bit.

I think with football coming back we will be getting some more 100/200 guys and field event guys. I have heard that we are getting upgrades to our track pretty soon.

He'd like to go to Lamar, but he will go where he gets the most help.

Yep - that's how it works. Key is if the perspective student-athlete is a good student and can get a large % of aid via academics. The coaches who have the most success are the ones who are able to find those strong athletes, who are just as strong in the classroom.

Are all track programs fully scholarshiped per the limits in the SLC? I do not think so.

Hey Bobcats05, what's your brothers PR in the 110's?  I know he ran 15.7 at the Bobcat Relays.

15.2????

Look, I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade but a 15.2 is a respectable time, but not a scholarship getting time. Silsbee's Donovan Harris won the state 110 meter hurdle title in '07 and was 3rd last year. His times were 13.8 and 14.2 respectively. Donovan did not get many offers in track, Nicholls, Northwestern St. and Texas Southern were the only offers. I believe your brother will have to get into the low to mid 14's to get any looks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124