**BH at GC Memorial Updates..GC Wins!!**

Guest patriot117

Very good game for the Goose. Price Jacobs goes the distance giving up 4 hits and 1 earned run. GCM lead 1-0 after the first inning. BH took a 2-1 lead in the 5th only to see GCM put up a 5 spot in the 6th sending 9 batters to the plate. Jacobs would retire the 9-1-2 hitters in the 7th to earn the complete game win. 

GCM goes to 2-2 in 19-4A, BH falls to 3-1.

Guest patriot117

Wild 6th inning lifts Patriots

By Robbie Magness

Correspondent 

Published March 28, 2009

Goose Creek Memorial rallied for five runs in a bizarre sixth inning to defeat Barbers Hill, 6-2, Friday at GCM. Price Jacobs allowed four hits and one earned run in the complete-game victory.

The District 19-4A-leading Eagles (10-7, 3-1) scratched a pair of runs in the top of the sixth inning to take a 2-1 lead. Tony Carmona singled, Jay Burditt doubled and Jake Ponder took an intentional walk to load the bases with one out. Tyler Lyday followed with a grounder to third. GCM third baseman Chance Czerwonka stepped on the bag for the inning’s second out, but his throw to first was off the mark, allowing Carmona to score and Ponder to reach third. The next pitch by GCM starter Price Jacobs was wild, and Ponder raced home.

In the bottom half of the sixth, Cody Butler walked, stole second and took third on a Jason Savoie single. Butler scored to tie the game, and Savoie took second when BH starter Matt Peterson’s pickoff attempt to third base was wild. Peterson then accidentally dropped the ball while on the pitching rubber, and Savoie moved to third on the balk.

Tyler Elliott pinch-ran for Savoie at third, but he was caught off base by a Peterson pickoff. He was ruled safe, even though he looked out, and he apparently thought so, too, because he headed for the dugout. He was promptly tagged out anyway, but the Patriots (11-6, 2-2) were not done.

Taylor O’Connor and pinch hitter Josh Stuart walked, and Jacobs brought both home with a triple to the right-field wall. Relief pitcher Jared Baker hit Mason Ball with his first offering. Ball stole second, then Brandon Rhoden plated Jacobs and Ball with a single.

Jacobs threw 96 pitches, 60 for strikes, walking four and striking out four.

“Wow! What do you say about an effort like that?†said Patriots coach Chris Rupp. “He had his breaking ball working early, and he kept them off-balance all night.â€

Peterson battled hard as well, fighting his way out of several jams. He allowed seven hits and five runs, two earned, in 5 2/3 innings. He threw 108 pitches, 64 for strikes, walking five and striking out eight.

Carmona was 2 for 3 with a double to pace the Eagles.

“To say we were feeble at the plate tonight would be a compliment,†Eagles coach Gil Stalbaum said. “If we don’t hit the ball any better than that, we’re not going to win.â€

Jacobs was 2 for 4 with two runs and two RBIs, and Rhoden was 2 for 4 with three RBIs to pace the Patriots.

The Eagles will play host to Crosby on Tuesday, while the Patriots will travel to play at Galena Park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very good game for the Goose. Price Jacobs goes the distance giving up 4 hits and 1 earned run. GCM lead 1-0 after the first inning. BH took a 2-1 lead in the 5th only to see GCM put up a 5 spot in the 6th sending 9 batters to the plate. Jacobs would retire the 9-1-2 hitters in the 7th to earn the complete game win. 

Butts kicked they tok the young team lightly and it cost them

Hmmmm....sure you don't wanna give GCM some -- even a little -- credit for simply outplaying BH?

Hmmmm....sure you don't wanna give GCM some -- even a little -- credit for simply outplaying BH?

I think "Butts kicked" is a compliment to Goose Creek! I think that pretty much summed it up. The GCM team looked like the more mature and better prepared team on the field last night. It looked to me like the game meant alot more to the Goose than it did to BH. A very well played game by GCM. Price Jacobs pitched a great game against BH. They completely outplayed BH in every aspect of the game. Congrats on a big win.

that is a compliment they did what they needed to do they got it done

Sorry, I assumed "taking someone lightly" meant the same thing it has always everywhere meant in any conversation I've ever heard it to mean: a superior team underestimated a weaker team. If you didn't mean that, it would be the first time in my life it didn't n\mean that. Poor assumption on my part.

both of these teams have plenty of room for improvement. IMO just to many little league mistakes and the one team won that made the least mistakes. Surely we play better than this game reflected we should talk about where we can improve for the next time will be at there house and i believe we will have to do better to repeat.

Sorry, I assumed "taking someone lightly" meant the same thing it has always everywhere meant in any conversation I've ever heard it to mean: a superior team underestimated a weaker team. If you didn't mean that, it would be the first time in my life it didn't n\mean that. Poor assumption on my part.

Not a superior team but a older team we are loaded with seniors and GCM are young. I like the GCM kids my son has played with several of them in tournaments the last 2 years. You know what assuming does. There was no disrespect to the Goose

both of these teams have plenty of room for improvement. IMO just to many little league mistakes and the one team won that made the least mistakes. Surely we play better than this game reflected we should talk about where we can improve for the next time will be at there house and i believe we will have to do better to repeat.

Both teams will have to play better to make the playoffs and thats the goal

OK just IMO I am an old tax payer who wanted to see the new field and get a taste of highschool baseball that's been happening in our area and what i left with was the feeling that we are hurting for some old school baseball fundamental skills, IE training in baserunning and hitting coaches, but is it just me or do the parents now routinely yell strike as the ball crosses the plate, pitchers waving their arms as they question the umpires decisions and the umpires calls where strange at times. and the overall feeling that we are no longer in Kansas as they say so and i am embrarassed by the actions of the crowd just seemed to be a lack of respect on all accounts, Is it just me or have things evolved in a bad direction?

Guest patriot117

OK just IMO I am an old tax payer who wanted to see the new field and get a taste of highschool baseball that's been happening in our area and what i left with was the feeling that we are hurting for some old school baseball fundamental skills, IE training in baserunning and hitting coaches, but is it just me or do the parents now routinely yell strike as the ball crosses the plate, pitchers waving their arms as they question the umpires decisions and the umpires calls where strange at times. and the overall feeling that we are no longer in Kansas as they say so and i am embrarassed by the actions of the crowd just seemed to be a lack of respect on all accounts, Is it just me or have things evolved in a bad direction?

More like a senile tax payer. It was a well played game for the most part, not a lot of mistakes on either side. Perfect...no. Always room for improvement.

To answer your question: It's just you.

More like a senile tax payer. It was a well played game for the most part, not a lot of mistakes on either side. Perfect...no. Always room for improvement.

To answer your question: It's just you.

It was not a bad game or a great game. For either side both can play better. If you ever played sports you would know. If the players are focused you do not even hear the crowd. The Goose have a very nice field the only thing the cut a little short was the dugouts. But low your tax dollars went to a good cause

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder