BISD Shakeups

I do admit that Silsbee have had a great season THIS season.  But besides that, since Silsbee have moved down to 3a from 4a, what have they done?   Better Facilities?  So Facilities make the better job?  I admit.  Silsbee does have a nice Gym as I have been in there when Silsbee used to battle in 4a.  Heck, PN-G have a nice gym too.  So I guess that is a better job? 

What I am saying, IMO, Central have on average year in and year out, better athletes and face tougher playoff competition than Silsbee.  You can excel on a 3a team.  That good and dandy, but if you can come to Central and excel and make a deep playoff run with those great houston teams, that saying something and will probably set you up with a great 5a gig. 

Well, since you asked, way more than what Central has done in 4A. In the 5 years that Silsbee has been in 3A, they have reached the regional tourney 4 out of those 5 years. Three times to the regional finals and a trip to Austin. Other than this year when they were upset by Jasper in the regional semis, those first 4 years the regional winner had to go through Silsbee. The last 2 years, not counting this year, they were knocked out by the eventual state champion, '07 to HJ in regional finals, '08 to Kennedale in state semifinals.

So, it hasn't just been this season that the Tigers have had success here of late. Yes, 4A playoffs are tough, but give us another 600 kids to choose from on top of the 800 we have now, and I am quite sure we can do just as well or even better than what Central has done lately.

I doubt it, Mike. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do admit that Silsbee have had a great season THIS season.  But besides that, since Silsbee have moved down to 3a from 4a, what have they done?   Better Facilities?  So Facilities make the better job?  I admit.  Silsbee does have a nice Gym as I have been in there when Silsbee used to battle in 4a.  Heck, PN-G have a nice gym too.  So I guess that is a better job? 

What I am saying, IMO, Central have on average year in and year out, better athletes and face tougher playoff competition than Silsbee.  You can excel on a 3a team.  That good and dandy, but if you can come to Central and excel and make a deep playoff run with those great houston teams, that saying something and will probably set you up with a great 5a gig. 

Well, since you asked, way more than what Central has done in 4A. In the 5 years that Silsbee has been in 3A, they have reached the regional tourney 4 out of those 5 years. Three times to the regional finals and a trip to Austin. Other than this year when they were upset by Jasper in the regional semis, those first 4 years the regional winner had to go through Silsbee. The last 2 years, not counting this year, they were knocked out by the eventual state champion, '07 to HJ in regional finals, '08 to Kennedale in state semifinals.

So, it hasn't just been this season that the Tigers have had success here of late. Yes, 4A playoffs are tough, but give us another 600 kids to choose from on top of the 800 we have now, and I am quite sure we can do just as well or even better than what Central has done lately.

I doubt it, Mike. 

not me! 

1 point loss to 4A power Ozen, 20 point win over CENTRAL, 50 point win over 4A Dayton, 3 point OT loss to 5A playoff team West Brook.  the 21 point spanking of Central ought to be enough to end this argument.  If Silsbee is 21 points better that Central, why wouldn't they have more success than them at 4A?  add the 600 or 800 kids to the pool, and surely Silsbee's team is even better.

Its easily to point to who beat who and by how by how much my main point is that the reason Central is doing so terrible is that they are being led by a very low level head coach who has taken them down hill since he arrived at the school. If you go back from 97-2001 Central went 3 deep 3 times, a state semi, and a couple of 2 rounders. Everyone can agree that only when Rice arrived at the school is when the school went downhill without any brakes so you're right they haven't done anything lately. BISD get them a decent leader and it will definitely not be one and out. It is really hard to keep dealing with someone that is just not helping the team at all and then don't stand up and admit alot of the problem is his and stop blaming the kids. Seven years is a long time being in charge of a down system he created. Now back to this who beat who again you're right Silsbee beat the jags by 21 and the jags beat Jasper by 14, who took the state winner tigers out of the playoff, just being sarcastic but they will be back...

Guest stevenash

Its easily to point to who beat who and by how by how much my main point is that the reason Central is doing so terrible is that they are being led by a very low level head coach who has taken them down hill since he arrived at the school. If you go back from 97-2001 Central went 3 deep 3 times, a state semi, and a couple of 2 rounders. Everyone can agree that only when Rice arrived at the school is when the school went downhill without any brakes so you're right they haven't done anything lately. BISD get them a decent leader and it will definitely not be one and out. It is really hard to keep dealing with someone that is just not helping the team at all and then don't stand up and admit alot of the problem is his and stop blaming the kids. Seven years is a long time being in charge of a down system he created. Now back to this who beat who again you're right Silsbee beat the jags by 21 and the jags beat Jasper by 14, who took the state winner tigers out of the playoff, just being sarcastic but they will be back...

And Hj lost to central and then beat Jasper at the regional final

Silsbee also beat Jasper by over 40.  my main point is this: you have someone talking about how Central is a better job, better team etc, and basically that Silsbee couldn't compete in 4A.  the problem is, Central was beaten by that 3A school by over 20.  also, have you ever heard of the term "what have you done for me lately?" 

now i don't know a whole lot about Coach Rice, but I do know that a lot of your lack of success has been since Ozen became a full high school and started dominating the area.  maybe the smaller selection of players, and the elite players' desires to go to Ozen has had as much or more to do with things than Rice.  (again, i reiterate, i don't know the guy)

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone already knows who I am!!!!!!!  My source is a BISD board member and it will be confirmed shortly that a BISD Head Basketball Coach will not be back for the 09-10 season!!!!

BE CAREFUL WHICH BOARD MEMEBERS TELL YOU THINGS.  FIRST OF ALL , IT IS ILLEGAL FOR A BOARD MEMBER TO DISCUSS EMPLOYMENT ISSUES WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT.  THE BOARD MEMBER COULD BE IN VIOLATION OF THE TEXAS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION RULES AND ETHICS AND COULD FIND THEMSELVES OUT OF A POSITION.  THE PARTICULAR BOARD MEMBER YOU ARE REFERING TO ALSO ONLY HAS ONE VOTE.  . 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami