3A Final Four

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no pansies now, but HJ has been beating great teams for this whole run, so no reason to back down now!

HJ HAS BEEN LUCKY. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE TALENT TO GO ALL THE WAY

Matt,

Seriously I hope you are joking!!!!!  They did what everyone said that they could not do......beat Navasota, Cleveland, Hudson and then Jasper who beat your beloved Tigers.  Will they win state???  Maybe, maybe not!!!!  But to say that they have been lucky is being a sore loser on your part!!!!

Man i havent said anything on this board in days.... i have this name signed in on computers all over the place thats a mistake on my part... like i told Jarvis and Trey as they left Sam Houston Gym bring it back to southeast texas.... im deleting my account i have no ties to silsbee basketball anymore good luck to yall

Bandwaggoner?

Haha thats really freakin hilarious.

no pansies now, but HJ has been beating great teams for this whole run, so no reason to back down now!

Matt,

Seriously I hope you are joking!!!!!  They did what everyone said that they could not do......beat Navasota, Cleveland, Hudson and then Jasper who beat your beloved Tigers.  Will they win state???  Maybe, maybe not!!!!  But to say that they have been lucky is being a sore loser on your part!!!!

I did not see Navasota and Cleveland, but based on those teams' records I think without a doubt HJ had the toughest road to state, and they made it.  Luck had nothing to do with it.

I wish them the very best in Austin.  I certainly would not bet any money against them.  :)

Matt,

I did not see Navasota and Cleveland, but based on those teams' records I think without a doubt HJ had the toughest road to state, and they made it.  Luck had nothing to do with it.

I wish them the very best in Austin.  I certainly would not bet any money against them.   :)

I am a Silsbee fans and I agree that HJ had a tougher road to state. But both HJ and Silsbee knew what road would be easy and hard when they were playing for the seeding right after district. Silsbee wanted the easier road to state so they played hard to beat HJ in the third game. HJ played #9 Navasota, #7 Cleveland, and #20 Lufkin Hudson and won all three games by no more than 3 points a piece. Silsbee played Cameron Yoe and Coldspring both non ranked team. They knew what they were doing. Until they both played Jasper

So what are you saying Babyboi???

Not even Baby knows exactly what he is trying to say..He should be saying great job HJ you were the best team in Region 3,,There is only one stat that matters you won the regional tournament,,GO Get;um Hawks!!

#1 Dallas Madison

#2 Lubbock Estacado

#5 Stafford

#11 Hardin-Jefferson

I have kept hearing that Madison is overwhelmingly the favorite, number one in the state and rarely challenged.  If that is the case, why the 3 pt win in the regional final?

I usually read this site during football season (I usually just post and moderate on the DFW board, one of the sister sites to this one) to keep up with WO-S and a few others, but since H-J is going back down to The Drum I thought I'd post here a bit this week before heading down to Austin.

I'm a Trojan fan and I can say that I'm a bit perplexed by the statement that you've heard we're the overwhelming favorite and are rarely challenged. We've had close games all season long. The win in the regional final against the Hawks would've been six, but they banked in a three at the buzzer to make the final margin a three point game. PG was a very good team that wouldn't go away. They were down 16 late in the 3rd and they made one final run to get within three late in the 4th. Against Argyle we won it at the buzzer. Argyle was one heckuva team with one of the best guards (Their trio was among the best in the state too.) in the state and they gave us all we could handle.

This group of Trojans is kinda unique for us. They're a very fundamentally sound team that has taken a page out of SOC's book and plays physical from start to finish. We've had some teams in the past that had more talent, but as far as how hard they work and how well they understand the game they're equal to any of our teams from the late 90's as well as the earlier part of this decade. The style of play took awhile to get used to, but it's grown on me and Coach Mobley has done a very good job getting the kids to buy into the style of play he wants to see on both ends.

Good luck to the Hawks and if we're fortunate enough to be able to find a way to pull out a win against a very, very good team from Stafford, maybe we'll get to play on Saturday if they make it past the Matadors.

........I usually just post and moderate on the DFW board, one of the sister sites to this one.....

JMT, there are sister sites to this? Please provide links to Houston, Dallas and others.

Uh, stealth, the links to our sister sites are on our front page of this site. Just go to the home page and scroll down and you will see the links to the EasTexsports, DFWhssports, and others.

You just make it sound as if HJ did not play hard in the 3rd place game!!!!!!!!  I can assure you that HJ wanted to take the easy route just as Silsbee did...........the difference was that HJ did not look over anyone.  They took it one game at a time and prepared for each team individually!!!!!!!  By taking it one game at a time allowed them to realize the importance of each game!!!!!!!!

I can assure you that HJ had the toughest road to state in 3A!!!!!!!  They have proven that they can beat anyone in this area on any given day.  Will they win it all????  Nobody can tell, but all they can do is prepare for Estacado and nobody else right now.  If they win that then Friday they will prepare for either Madison or Stafford.  Lay it all on the line and give it 110% and if you lose..........then the other team was just better!!!!!

You just make it sound as if HJ did not play hard in the 3rd place game!!!!!!!!  I can assure you that HJ wanted to take the easy route just as Silsbee did...........the difference was that HJ did not look over anyone.  They took it one game at a time and prepared for each team individually!!!!!!!  By taking it one game at a time allowed them to realize the importance of each game!!!!!!!!

I can assure you that HJ had the toughest road to state in 3A!!!!!!!  They have proven that they can beat anyone in this area on any given day.  Will they win it all????  Nobody can tell, but all they can do is prepare for Estacado and nobody else right now.  If they win that then Friday they will prepare for either Madison or Stafford.  Lay it all on the line and give it 110% and if you lose..........then the other team was just better!!!!!

well stated they have done what was needed in each game thats all a fan can ask see yall in austin GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o

If HJ plays there style of game for four quarters they have a very good shot of winning this tournament at any time any given player on this squad could make things happen they've proven it all year GOOD LUCK HAWKS ;D :D >:(:o 8) ::):P :-* ;D :o :o you've earned it

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124