All SETXsports Girls Basketball Team Nominations

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order... Of the girls I saw this year, here are mine.

* Being a homer, I would say that the three HJ girls would start for any team in this area...  Even though she was not the mvp of the district, I would put up Fontenot from HJ as the mvp ( she seemed to have the best all around game of all the players listed...  She averaged a double double in pts and rebounds for the season and had severla triple doubles and a quadruple double this season....  She can defend from all positions on the floor, rebound, shoot, etc... 

Hargraves-Ktz

Moore-HJ

Sutherland - HJ

Wagner-O-field

Washington-Silsbee

Brown-Ozen

Deaver-Kountze

Fontenot-HJ

Heard- WOS

I agree with you being a homer, and I agree Fontenot is one of the best in the area, but I did hear good things about Brown of Ozen.  Does anyone know the name of the Sophomore from Livingston that was pretty good? She'd be on my first team.

here are some good candidates.  i mean...if tabc thinks them good enough to be voted all-region. then they're certainly qualified to be at least considered for all-setx

4A

Daylyn Harris Livingston

Jasmine Carter Barber's Hill

Kynniddia Purdy Central

Olivia Figgs Livingston

Sojouner Brown Ozen

3A

Latrecia Moore Hardin-Jefferson

Olivia Wagner Orangefield

2A

Brooke Taylor Woodville

Kaila Johnson Kountze

Kayla Hargraves Kountze 

Lauren Deaver Kountze

Meisha McNeal Woodville

1A

Ariel Wills Evadale

Charity Ceaser Hull Daisetta

Post your nominations for our All SETXsports Girls Basketball Team.  We will follow a similar format to the all district teams.

MVP                   

Offensive MVP

Defensive MVP            Tayler Kurek  -  East Chambers  absolutely awesome on defense.....

Newcomer of the Year

Coach of the Year

First Team

Second Team

Honorable Mention

Guest bleed orange

* Being a homer, I would say that the three HJ girls would start for any team in this area...  Even though she was not the mvp of the district, I would put up Fontenot from HJ as the mvp ( she seemed to have the best all around game of all the players listed...  She averaged a double double in pts and rebounds for the season and had severla triple doubles and a quadruple double this season....  She can defend from all positions on the floor, rebound, shoot, etc... 

Hargraves-Ktz

Moore-HJ

Sutherland - HJ

Wagner-O-field

Washington-Silsbee

Brown-Ozen

Deaver-Kountze

Fontenot-HJ

Heard- WOS

Yes, you are a homer. ;D While I respect your dedication to 21 3A. You would have loved to have some of the girls from Ozen and Central on your team. I know I would. If we put an allstar team together to run for a state title it would not be with mostly 3A and 2A players.

Hargraves-Ktz

Moore-HJ

Sutherland - HJ

Wagner-O-field

Washington-Silsbee

Brown-Ozen

Deaver-Kountze

Fontenot-HJ

Heard- WOS

Yes, you are a homer. ;D While I respect your dedication to 21 3A. You would have loved to have some of the girls from Ozen and Central on your team. I know I would. If we put an allstar team together to run for a state title it would not be with mostly 3A and 2A players.

Yes it would.  ;D

Guest bleed orange

Hargraves-Ktz

Moore-HJ

Sutherland - HJ

Wagner-O-field

Washington-Silsbee

Brown-Ozen

Deaver-Kountze

Fontenot-HJ

Heard- WOS

Yes it would.   ;D

Wrong!!!!! ;D Alexus Brannon from Ozen is probably the best athlete in this area and yes she can play basketball. Not to mention a few girls from Central. Yes, if you put mainly 3A and 2A together they would win 2A and down but not 3A and up. Navasoto by themselves would beat any team in this area.

My vote is for A'Lexus Brannon of Ozen.  Best Defensive Player in 4a in my opinion even though coach did not nominate. Believe it or not she can dunk a basketball!

Round About Averages:

Points per Game:  14

Blocked Shots per Game: 5 (Coach says that's not defense. LOL)

Assist: 4

Guest bleed orange

Alright knuckleheads!  If you read, it said "of the girls I saw..."  I didn't get to see Central, and saw Ozen only once

hahaha

"Knucklehead" I have not heard that word in a long time. I heard knuckle sandwhich the other day. Hey hawk when are going to change your avatar? Because those bobcats pretty much knocked those hawks out of the air and then fed the remains to the bobkittens. ;D ;D ;D

to the setxsports girls basketball board members or whoever make up this poll. These nominations should consist of all SOUTHEAST TEXAS ATHLETES. Seems to me its a Hardin County poll. i think if you would venture out and watch other teams play you will see that there is more than just the teams in your county who has the talent to play ball. as far as your selections how can u select a state finalist coach as coach of the year and not any of his players to make your team.?? When they are recognized as MVP OF THE DISTRISCT, 3 1ST TEAMS, and 1 2nd TEAM, ALL REGION, ALL STATE ALL-TOURNEY, AND BETTER THAN THAT ALL STATE, but they're not good enough for your setx polls. As far as knowing them by name their listed in all of your local newspapers as well as the TABC, TGCA, UIL, and any other poll connected to the UIL State Tournament. i think that it is a disgrace to the Woodville Girls Basketball Team to have their C

to the setxsports girls basketball board members or whoever make up this poll. These nominations should consist of all SOUTHEAST TEXAS ATHLETES. Seems to me its a Golden Triangle poll. i think if you would venture out and watch other teams play you will see that there is more than just the teams in your county who has the talent to play ball. as far as your selections how can u select a state finalist coach as coach of the year and not any of his players to make your team.?? When they are recognized as MVP OF THE DISTRISCT, 3 1ST TEAMS, and 1 2nd TEAM, ALL REGION, ALL STATE ALL-TOURNEY, ALL STATE, and SUPER GOLD MVP TWO YEARS IN ROW....but they're not good enough for your setx polls. As far as knowing them by name their listed in all of your local newspapers as well as the TABC, TGCA, UIL, and any other poll connected to the UIL State Tournament. i think that it is a disgrace to the Woodville Girls Basketball Team to have their Coach named as coach of the year and not one of his players nominated. How can u have the decency to nominate him but not any of his girls? how is that possible? who did he coach? how could he have made it without a team?

Then freaking nonimate them!! THERE'S AN IDEA. Get off your high horse please.  Not many people have even watched Woodville play this year, are you serious?  After all that YOU STILL DIDN'T NONIMATE ANYONE.  ::)

If you want them on the team NONIMATE THEM YOURSELF I don't know not ONE girl from Woodville.  ::)

Guest bleed orange

Then freaking nominate them!! THERE'S AN IDEA. Get off your high horse please.  Not many people have even watched Woodville play this year, are you serious?  After all that YOU STILL DIDN'T NONIMATE ANYONE.   ::)

If you want them on the team NONIMATE THEM YOURSELF I don't know not ONE girl from Woodville.  ::)

I agree bobcat. That's is what this thread is all about. NOMINATE your players. What part of that do some people don't understand. It's pretty simple. THE TEAM HAS NOT BEEN POSTED YET. WHO CARES!!!! IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF AN HONOR. IT IS SIMPLE PEOPLE LIKE ME AND YOU WHO MAKE THESE PICKS. GET OFF THEIR BACKS. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami