College Prospects

Bobcat1

What SENIORS have a good chance at playing at the next level.

Please stay on topic.

We are just talking about playing basketbeall, right? Reason I ask is because there are seniors playing basketball but will play another sport at the next level. Jefferson, Johnson of Ozen, Skinner of Silsbee are a few that popped in my head that will play another sport.

There's plenty of players that can play at the next level from SETX. It depend on how you use the term of playing at the next level. JUCO, D2, D1, overseas or Pro. You have to be more specific on how you say it. Like Shannon Robinson is one of the best players in state and he stand at 5'6 or 5'7. He could dominate at JUCO and D2 level. D1, he could get notice by some big school and start for some. Never let height intimdate you. Willie Jefferson is 6'7, many people that just hear his name and his height would consider him to be able to play at the next level regardless because of his height. But he wouldn't be able to play D1 ball unless he work on his handling and shooting.  Jarvis could only play at D2 level is first couple years and then move on to D1 and he stand at 5'9. The only player in this area that could do well straight from high school to D1 is S. Robinson, A. Rivon, D. Franks and J. Gulley etc...There's a few more but I just can't name them all though.

Guest DickVitale

There's plenty of players that can play at the next level from SETX. It depend on how you use the term of playing at the next level. JUCO, D2, D1, overseas or Pro. You have to be more specific on how you say it. Like Shannon Robinson is one of the best players in state and he stand at 5'6 or 5'7. He could dominate at JUCO and D2 level. D1, he could get notice by some big school and start for some. Never let height intimdate you. Willie Jefferson is 6'7, many people that just hear his name and his height would consider him to be able to play at the next level regardless because of his height. But he wouldn't be able to play D1 ball unless he work on his handling and shooting.  Jarvis could only play at D2 level is first couple years and then move on to D1 and he stand at 5'9. The only player in this area that could do well straight from high school to D1 is S. Robinson, A. Rivon, D. Franks and J. Gulley etc...There's a few more but I just can't name them all though.

Uh....Don't quit your day job... ;)..There are about 4 or 5 guys from this area that could play NCAA or NJCAA D-1 that are SENIORS...You missed on quite a few...Remember that you have to be a special player to "dominate" in Division I ANYTHING, NJCAA or NCAA...Most of these area guys are D-2 and NAIA level players at best, and there is NOTHING wrong with that...This area is not as "talent rich" as some of you may want to believe...Its really not.

I am going to agree with Dickie.  I believe only Gulley and Breon could play D1 university ball, even though I am not sure how they would perform in BIG schools.  But if Gulley could adapt a good work ethic he could play with anyone.  And Breon has grown so much with his skill level.  Alot of teams could use an ultra quick, lane driven, finishing at the hoop young man.  Lopez could play some ball somewhere but his height and his high school program really holds him back.

6'7" doesnt always have to play small forward in college.  There is a girth of 6'7 PF that are really good in college D1, i.e. Carl Landry (wisconsin), Gary Johnson(texas), Craig Smith(boston college), Clarence Mathews(tennessee state), Paul Maslip(La Tech), Taylor Griffin(oklahoma), I could go on forever.

OK lets kill this Shannon debate now.  I told DIckie I like this kid as a bench player with the possibility to be a starter by a sophmore on a D1 JUNCO team. I say again I actually like his game. But DOMINATE?  Do you guys watch JUNCO ball?  Alot of these kids are all world without the grades or exposure in high school.  There are plenty kids at the JUNCO level that could do some things at a D1 program.  Shannon would NOT dimonate any bodies basketball.  The kid is good in high school at a 3A program and doesn't dominate.  Dominate at sub 6' is Tommy-Mason Griffin(Madison), TJ Ford(Willowrifge), DJ Augustine(Hightower), Nic Wise(Kingwood), Byron Eton (Dallas Lincoln), Bryon Hopkins (Dallas Lincoln).  Shannon does not add up to that.

I am going to agree with Dickie.  I believe only Gulley and Breon could play D1 university ball, even though I am not sure how they would perform in BIG schools.  But if Gulley could adapt a good work ethic he could play with anyone.  And Breon has grown so much with his skill level.  Alot of teams could use an ultra quick, lane driven, finishing at the hoop young man.  Lopez could play some ball somewhere but his height and his high school program really holds him back.

6'7" doesnt always have to play small forward in college.  There is a girth of 6'7 PF that are really good in college D1, i.e. Carl Landry (wisconsin), Gary Johnson(texas), Craig Smith(boston college), Clarence Mathews(tennessee state), Paul Maslip(La Tech), Taylor Griffin(oklahoma), I could go on forever.

OK lets kill this Shannon debate now.  I told DIckie I like this kid as a bench player with the possibility to be a starter by a sophmore on a D1 JUNCO team. I say again I actually like his game. But DOMINATE?  Do you guys watch JUNCO ball?  Alot of these kids are all world without the grades or exposure in high school.  There are plenty kids at the JUNCO level that could do some things at a D1 program.  Shannon would NOT dimonate any bodies basketball.  The kid is good in high school at a 3A program and doesn't dominate.  Dominate at sub 6' is Tommy-Mason Griffin(Madison), TJ Ford(Willowrifge), DJ Augustine(Hightower), Nic Wise(Kingwood), Byron Eton (Dallas Lincoln), Bryon Hopkins (Dallas Lincoln).  Shannon does not add up to that.

Well said

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami