Roy Garcia

Sharpstown High School

Asst. Head Coach / Offensive Coordinator / Head Baseball Coach

Les Hamilton

Alta High School

Head Coach / Offensive Coordinator

Steven Oliver

La Vega High School

Asst. Head Football Coach / Offensive Coordinator / Video Coordinator / Recruiting Liaison / Head Track Coach / Summer Conditioning Coordinator

Christopher Hargrove

National Football Foundation / Kashmere High School

Principle Administrative Team / Asst. Athletic Coordinator

Carl Straube

Mathis High School

Offensive and Special Teams Coordinator / Instructional Facilitator of C.A.P. & D.A.E.P. Programs / Offseason Coordinator / Head Powerlifting / Strength and Conditioning Coordinator / Asst. Track Coach

Chuck Langston

Groveton High School

Asst. Football Coach / Special Teams Coordinator

Kristopher (Kris) Loman Micheaux

Gonzales High School

Athletic Director / Head Football Coach

Lonnie G. Cook

Taos High School

Head Football Coach / Teacher

Britt Narrell

Taylor High School

Defensive Coordinator / Track

James Gray

Booker T. Washington Senior High School for the Engineering Professions

Asst. Football Coach / Head Golf Coach

Jerry Robert (Robby) Wood

Rider High School

?

Michael Scott

Palmer High School

Head Football / Head Powerlifting / Physical Education

Marcus Booker

Cotulla High School

Chris Smith

Dalhart High School

Offensive Coordinator / Head Baseball Coach / Runningbacks and Quarterbacks / Offensive/Defensive Line / Receivers / Varsity Asst. Baseball / Jr. High Athletics

Eric J. Ezar

North Crowley High School

Offensive Coordinator / Quarterback Coach / Track

Ron Callahan

Center High School

Athletic Director

James (Jimmy) Dickey, Jr.

Hardin High School

Defensive Coordinator

Ritchie Pinckard

Mount Pleasant High School

Offensive Coordinator

Ray Paul Metoyer

Central Medical Magent High School

Health/P.E./Driver's Ed. Teacher / Asst. Football Coach / Defensive Line

Tracy Adair

Jasper High School

Offensive Line / Defensive Line / Quarterbacks

Jerry Malone

Marlin High School

Mike Rabe

Ganado High School

Ron Stump

Beaumont West Brook

Defensive Line Coach

James Polk

Kennedale High School

Offensive Coordinator

Michael C. Bickham

John Tyler High School

Asst. Head Coach / Co-Offensive Coordinator

Dennis Chapman

Louisiana Retired Teacher

Mike Gaston

San Antonio Holmes High School

Athletic Coordinator / Head Football Coach

Richard Lucero

Sterling High School

Offensive Coordinator / Quarterback Coach

Greg Anderson

Kemp High School

Kevin Byrd

Clements High School

Offensive Line Coach / Special Teams Coordinator / Head Girls Track Coach

There are some pretty intriguing names on that list....

Graham @ Tulsa- Comes from a good college program with an explosive offense.

Foreman @ WOS- Great coach from what I hear. Shocked that he even applied.

Malone @ Marlin- Marlin's a strong program.

Johnson @ Newton- Isn't he next in line behind Barbay?

Rusty Nail @ Mart- Just love the name.

I think Bickham at John Tyler could be one of the guys Brooks takes a really long look at because of his time as HC there.

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys always put their names in the hat when Jasper opens up. It must still be a great job...

I think Bickham at John Tyler could be one of the guys Brooks takes a really long look at because of his time as HC there.

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys always put their names in the hat when Jasper opens up. It must still be a great job...

chance to coach good athletes and live near the lakes= good job.

It is a real good job, with some pretty impressive names on the list. Good Luck to ya'll.

I agree.  It is an impressive list of names.

But, I wonder how many of these people apply for every opening, no matter where it is?  Clearly, some of these people, like Toby Foreman for instance, probably are very selective in where they apply.  Also Jerry Malone at Marlin.  Jasper would do well if they could have a Marlin type record.

Some of these folks probably are not looking to move, they are looking for a raise where they are!

Good luck to all.  :)

But, I wonder how many of these people apply for every opening, no matter where it is?  Clearly, some of these people, like Toby Foreman for instance, probably are very selective in where they apply.  Also Jerry Malone at Marlin.  Jasper would do well if they could have a Marlin type record.

Some of these folks probably are not looking to move, they are looking for a raise where they are!

Good luck to all.   :)

Jerry Malone has applied for almost every coaching job that has opened in TX.

Good luck to all.   :)

Jerry Malone has applied for almost every coaching job that has opened in TX.

That is interesting!

This is the hidden content, please

Central's Ray Metoyer, Newton's W.T. Johnston and West Brook's Ron Stump are three longtime assistant coaches looking for a football program to call their own.

They are not alone as 50 applicants are vying to become the next Jasper head football coach, according to a list released by the Jasper ISD. Other local coaches on the list include Jasper assistant Tracy Adair and West Orange-Stark assistant Toby Foreman.

"Hey, I'm getting up there in age, and time is running out," joked the 52-year-old Metoyer. "Really, they have a lot of good athletes up there who are hard-workers, and I think Thomas Brooks is a good man and I feel he would be a good man to work for."

Brooks resigned as head coach Jan. 30, but is remaining as the school's athletic director and the district's alternative education center director. Brooks previously said he wanted to fill the vacancy by the first week of March.

Jasper finished 7-5 last season under Brooks, who was in his second stint as the school's head coach.

Johnston, 43, said Jasper's always been in the position to win, and that was one of the reasons he applied for the job.

"I've known a lot of people who've coached over there," said Johnston, a Newton assistant since 1991.

"I think their athletes are the same kind we have here at Newton. We're only 12 miles apart, and I feel their players would work just as hard as ours."

Stump, 50, joined his brother and head coach Craig Stump at West Brook three years ago as the team's defensive line coach. Before that, he had stops at Hardin-Jefferson and Houston Westbury over nine seasons.

Steven Oliver

La Vega High School

Asst. Head Football Coach / Offensive Coordinator / Video Coordinator / Recruiting Liaison / Head Track Coach / Summer Conditioning Coordinator

Isn't this the school that usually puts WOS out of the playoffs? If so I bet they don't want him coming this way.

get a bigger paddle to stir with. they beat us once. I really don't think WOS is concerned with this man coming this way.

Guest Silsbee88

Rippy Morales

Eisenhower High School

Math Teacher

This guy obviously did not do his homework........ I mean apply for a job like the head football coach at a school with a tradition like Jasper and not even have football coaching experience?????

Guest tigersvoice

Rippy Morales

Eisenhower High School

Math Teacher

This guy obviously did not do his homework........ I mean apply for a job like the head football coach at a school with a tradition like Jasper and not even have football coaching experience?????

The expression, "Under the radar" comes to mind.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86

• This series will be streamed on Texanlive! Let’s go Eagles
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up   I wish the Ohio AG much success...from the article: Ohio’s Republican Attorney General is pushing back against critics after warning that anti-Israel protesters wearing masks are facing potential prison time due to a little known state law. "The First Amendment protects you and saying whatever it is you have to say. Even hateful things are protected by the First Amendment," Ohio AG Dave Yost told Fox News Digital this week. "The First Amendment, though, was always designed to be a shield against the government. It's not a sword against your fellow students and they have rights too. Your First Amendment rights are limited by their right to be able to go to school, use the library, get the value of their education and the tuition that they paid for." In a letter sent on Monday, Yost warned university presidents of a historic state law that could mean masked anti-Israel demonstrators on college campuses could face felony charges.  "The law is an old law," Yost told Fox News Digital. "It goes back to the 20th century, and it was originally designed to make sure that people like Ku Klux Klan were held accountable, that, of course, the reason that the Ku Klux Klan wore hoods and masks over their faces is so that they couldn't be identified because they were committing crimes. So the General Assembly in Ohio said, okay, you can wear a mask, you can wear a hood, that's fine. But if you commit a crime with two or more other people, while you are masking yourself, we're going to see that as a heightened kind of crime, a worse kind of thing, because you're consciously doing this and trying to hide your identity because you know you're doing something wrong."
    • You keep pointing at the fact that Biden got so many votes as proof of cheating, when it’s actually proof of something else… Trump motivates people to get off of the couch, register, and vote for ANYBODY BUT TRUMP.  And instead of looking in the mirror and recognizing that the problem is you (the person who nominates a candidate that most people HATE) you blame the people who vote against him.    Haley pulled down 22% of the votes in the most recent Republican  primary. Those votes were cast AFTER she’d already dropped out of the race.    Trump is going to lose the fourth consecutive election cycle since he beat the even more unlikable Hillary in  2016. The Dems learned from their mistake (nominating a despised candidate in ‘16). The Rs keep nominating the same guy that most people hate and expecting different results.    Dems roll in November. 
    • Not yet, anyway. If you can't see that there has been a strong effort to create gender dysphoria amongst young folks AND try to keep it from parents in many instances, you're not paying attention. You may not care about this, but it's ridiculous to ridicule those that do. There is an agenda behind this, no doubt about it, like bullets pointed out earlier, it's just a name change...for now. And it was only very recently that girls were allowed to join the "boy scouts", they have been allowed to join certain other groups that weren't available to girls at the time. It's the frog in the slow boil.
  • Topics