My take on the Ozen/Jefferson situation......

TopHat31

Guest stevenash

You can claim basketball expertise and knowledge of "being urban" and a number of other areas of expertise but when it comes to communications, rest assured that (in language you will comprehend) " I own you" whether it be from an absolute or relative communication standpoint.  The ultimate hypocrisy would be for YOU to lecture ME about "how it flows and who is aware of what.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nostradamus
Who is "they"? Their "young"? Are you talking about people or animals here?....See how it just flows out of some of you people's mouths and you don't even realize it.....SE Texas... Roll Eyes...Only in SE Texas

See Dicky....perfect example here.  Let me answer your questions for you.

The post starts out: 

The saddest thing of all is that those who constantly cry racism do that because that is what they were taught in their youth.

Therefore "they", in this instance refers to "those (people) who constantly cry racism" (FYI a person of ANY color can cry racism)

It is also what they teach their young about life so that the unrest continues through generations to come.

Again, in this instance, "they" refers back to the original statement of "those (people) who constantly cry racism" and since "they" refers to the aforementioned then "their young" would translate to the children of the people "who constantly cry racism" (which, as said before could be any color of person).

So one of several things is taking place here: 

1)  You are insinuating that the person who made this post is NOT the same race as you, therefore, a racist (because "they" are from SE Texas and disagreed with you......which mind you is stereotyping and generalizing in and of itself)

or

2)  You did not listen in English class the day your teacher went over context clues.

or

3) You didn't know that animals cannot speak.....therefore, cannot "cry racism"

Guest stevenash

Nostradamus- prepare for a convoluted reply that will suggest that your explanation is, in itself, racist.   Also be reminded that there is absolutely NOTHING racist about railing against ONLY PNG, Nederland, and Bridge City.  That is very neutral and highly objective.

Who is "they"? Their "young"? Are you talking about people or animals here?....See how it just flows out of some of you people's mouths and you don't even realize it.....SE Texas... Roll Eyes...Only in SE Texas

The post starts out: 

The saddest thing of all is that those who constantly cry racism do that because that is what they were taught in their youth.

Therefore "they", in this instance refers to "those (people) who constantly cry racism" (FYI a person of ANY color can cry racism)

It is also what they teach their young about life so that the unrest continues through generations to come.

Again, in this instance, "they" refers back to the original statement of "those (people) who constantly cry racism" and since "they" refers to the aforementioned then "their young" would translate to the children of the people "who constantly cry racism" (which, as said before could be any color of person).

So one of several things is taking place here: 

1)  You are insinuating that the person who made this post is NOT the same race as you, therefore, a racist (because "they" are from SE Texas and disagreed with you......which mind you is stereotyping and generalizing in and of itself)

or

2)  You did not listen in English class the day your teacher went over context clues.

or

You know thats pretty good stuff, Every time I use the word "they" I'm not referring to a race, I'm reffering to the group of PEOPLE,or HUMAN BEINGS, that was mentioned before, not sure why race ever comes into the word "they".

Guest DickVitale

You would like to think that, but as I have said many times before, come see me, and we will see who "owns" who...You still have yet to answer the question at hand...Who is "they"?

The post starts out: 

So one of two things is taking place here: 

or

or

Too funny...Nos, I understand what you are saying and respect that. Maybe if we can have some of these discussions in person, along with other mebers on this board, maybe we can come to a common ground....How about it Mr. Nash? How about we discuss these things in person over some coffee...I'll buy.... ;)

Guest stevenash

Then if you are NOT referring to race when you say they, why assume that anyone else is?  As for the "come see me and we will see who owns who", veiled threats are totally useless in this circumstance and you might discover them to be relatively counterproductive.  I once again maintain that I am not the greatest basketball mind in this world but competing with you from an intellectual standpoint is, as you would express  it, pitting Silsbee against Yates.

man all yall taking this stuff outta hand wat happen happened yea he messed up but he still shouldnt get kicked off for that he should just get suspened for a game or two at the most! but all of that  is just other fans that ozen has blew out, trying to get revenge because they couldnt get it on the court

man all yall taking this stuff outta hand wat happen happened yea he messed up but he still shouldnt get kicked off for that he should just get suspened for a game or two at the most! but all of that  is just other fans that ozen has blew out, trying to get revenge because they couldnt get it on the court

Ok, I see a serious problem.  Has anyone else noticed the Ozen posters use REALLY good grammar and excellent punctuation. They have a spell check feature, USE IT.

I think that everyone should save their judgement until after the young man goes to court.  If that happens to be after the basketball season, then lucky for him.  You see this everyday, even in the NFL, NBA, etc. , a player has a run in with the law, but nothing happens until they are convicted and proven guilty, and yes they usually do have their lawyers push the court dates back to the offseason.  Not to insult the numerous of Steelers fans on here, but the Super Bowl MVP is still awaiting a court date for a marijuana possession charge, and he was still allowed to play.  I know that this is not the pros, but right is right and wrong is wrong, and me personally, I am inclined to be a little more lenient on an 18 yr old boy, than an NFL star.  Barry Bonds continued to hit homeruns through his allegations and run-ins.  Arrest are allegations, nothing more, a court system still has to find him guilty.  People on here are wanting Saveat to give up on the kid, and call him guilty before it's proven.  Not many people know all of the details, so why don't we let the court system decide if he's guilty or not.  The statements released by the police could be innaccurate, or any number of other circumstances that would get this kid off.  Then if he's later proved to be innocent, then Saveat would have kicked the young man off for nothing.  It is a misdemeanor crime, he didn't kill anyone.  By the way, I am very neutral on this subject as I am not an Ozen supporter.  I do however follow all area sports and have followed this situation as well, and I have yet to see anything that proves him guilty, yeah I know about the so called admit of guilt.  I also know about Orange County Police department, since that is where I was born and raised.  Not trying to make any allegation against the OPD, but things are just not clear enough right now to write this kid off.  Let's be fair.

As long as his punishment is in line with what is spelled out in the Ozen Athletics Code of Conduct, or what ever they call it, there is really no beef. The beef would be if he received special consideration because he is an elite athlete. If the rules of Ozen state that there will be a two game suspension for any legal indescretions, everything is cool. If it says an athlete will be suspended for any indescretions, then there is a problem, and it is not with the athlete. Whatever happens, I hope he gets his act straight, reaches all his goals and is able to reap all the benefits of his athletic ability.

Ok, I see a serious problem.  Has anyone else noticed the Ozen posters use REALLY good grammar and excellent punctuation. They have a spell check feature, USE IT.

Amen, the grammer, spelling and punctuation is awful.  But they can play some basketball.

And stop with the race card issue already...jeez it's way overused!!!!!!!

Ok, I agree Jefferson should be delt with in the most fair way, but why are so many of yall trash talkin Ozen's program and their administration in BMT...this site wasnt made for HAS BEEN"S to talk down on everything...instead of talking B.S. post ways Jefferson or the ADMIN. can resolve this problem so it wont happen again...yall do know some athletes in the area do read and post on this site 2oo?

All of these comments DONT MATTER... The kid has effectively put his life and career in jeopardy.  It is a a hole that he will be climbing out for life, whether its getting a scholarship, education, or a job.  It was not an educated move and now he will suffer!

Yep, I agree.  Look what happened to Michael Phelps for that one picture of him hitting a bong.  His whole life is about to implode.  The situation with Jefferson very well could have happened to any other  quality HS athlete in any district in the state.  Race is NOT an issue in this IMO.  The use of illegal drugs transcend all race/economic/social lines.

2 game suspension...WOW !!  Now the kids who, in the future, are about to partake in something illegal will say, " Hey, if we get caught, we'll only be out for two games."!!!!...No big deal..MAKE A STATEMENT...PLEASE...It's a lesson for the guilty and the youngsters of the future...There is no lesson here!!!! Educators are in this business for the best interest of the kids..Tough life lessons start at a young age...The kid would benefit more from a harsh penalty...This will pass and nothing will be taken from it...But really, does the punishment surprise anybody???

i just hope for his sake that he learns something from the experience, as he won't from the punishment.  if not, i hope that his next offense is of a similar nature rather than something worse.  kids will be kids, and if he learns nothing from this and goes on to do something stupid later on that ruins his playing career, the system is every bit as much to blame as willie himself. 

Man.  We sure have lots of experts on here who know how to best handle this situation "for the kid".        ::) ::)

you're right.  why even punish him at all.  everyone of us who've ever seen someone skate by on athletic ability alone, only to crash and burn when they hit the real world has had a pretty good glimpse of what MIGHT happen here if he gets only a slap on the wrist here.  the last thing this kid needs is reinforcement to the idea that he's above the rules because he can play ball.

Ok, I agree Jefferson should be delt with in the most fair way, but why are so many of yall trash talkin Ozen's program and their administration in BMT...this site wasnt made for HAS BEEN"S to talk down on everything...instead of talking B.S. post ways Jefferson or the ADMIN. can resolve this problem so it wont happen again...yall do know some athletes in the area do read and post on this site 2oo?

That's what several of us have stated in posts after posts...prevent it from happening again!  A mere slap on the wrist won't deter the next talented kid from trying to do it because they'll know it's just a 2 game suspension so why not take the risk?!?!  I haven't bashed BISD but I think it definitely speaks volume how much more important winning is than learning life's lesson at an early age so they won't want to risk their talent and ruin their future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder