My take on the Ozen/Jefferson situation......

TopHat31

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every school has policies and codes of conducts their student athletes must follow 24/7. Also, in every school the top athletes get away with breaking these rules. Had Willie been first chair tuba player preparing for solo and ensemble of preparing for UIL one act play, he would have been whisked off and not been allowed to participate in any activities.

Had this been an athlete from Central that was caught, all the Ozen backers would be calling for his head and the Central backers would be in their places defending him.

Gifted athletes have always been able to break the rules. 30 years ago when I was in high school the top performers could do anything then. As sad as it is, it has always been that way and it probably always will.

Nope, your wrong.  The way I see it is wrong is wrong and right is right.  Had this happened to Gulley, I would defend his bad decision at all.  I would call it like it is.

OK Channel 6 said he was in On Campus Suspension, and at the end of the story they said

he was in Austin representing FUTURE TEACHERS OF AMERICA because he is the president.

How in the world was he allowed to do that with all this going on?

This is the hidden content, please

Ozen coach and assistant principal Marquis Saveat said before his team's game Tuesday against Central that he was not aware of Jefferson's arrest. Jefferson played in the game.

Jefferson was pulled over after he ran a stop sign, according to a police report.

Police noticed a green, leafy substance on Jefferson's pants as he reached for his license and insurance. An officer searched the vehicle and found a small bag of marijuana, one marijuana cigarette and several cigars in an interior cavity of the vehicle's floorboard, the report said.

Jefferson, who had three other passengers with him, admitted the marijuana belonged to him and he was arrested, the report said.

A court date has not yet been scheduled, the Orange County District Attorney's office said.

Guest DickVitale

SE Texans... ::)...You people here are so evil sometimes its sickening, and some of your ignorance is just mind blowing. Why won't you people just LET IT GO? Move on with your lives and stop wishing that this HIGH SCHOOL KID fail, because he did something really stupid...ALL of us have done stupid things as teens, although they may not have been to this magnitude, however, they were still stupid acts.  Willie will have to deal with this on SO many levels over the next YEAR, and you bamas are worried about him playing in the playoffs! Did you have to sit out YOUR SR. Night, for doing a stupid thing? (Most of you probably never set foot on any type of playing field so that may be a bad question) Well, if you have not, then you have no idea how that punishment will affect this kid...You think its small, but to him its a very big deal..The public scrutiny, the embarrassment, the humiliation, and the mere fear of having to deal with the court system over the next months will be punishment enough, but you country bamas don't see that part...You're worried about a stinking playoff game that if the truth be told, they would probably STOMP your pitiful teams out without him ANYWAY..Thats what SOME of you are worried about anyway, if you are honest with yourselves.  YES he did it to himself, and WILLIE knows he screwed up. Marquis Savaet FOUND OUT TUESDAY EVENING, AFTER the game, and you folks should back off of him as well, because if you knew him like I do, you know that he is for what is right by those kids.......Makes me wanna puke!......

SE Texans... ::)...You people here are so evil sometimes its sickening, and some of your ignorance is just mind blowing. Why won't you people just LET IT GO? Move on with your lives and stop wishing that this HIGH SCHOOL KID fail, because he did something really stupid...ALL of us have done stupid things as teens, although they may not have been to this magnitude, however, they were still stupid acts.  Willie will have to deal with this on SO many levels over the next YEAR, and you bamas are worried about him playing in the playoffs! Did you have to sit out YOUR SR. Night, for doing a stupid thing? (Most of you probably never set foot on any type of playing field so that may be a bad question) Well, if you have not, then you have no idea how that punishment will affect this kid...You think its small, but to him its a very big deal..The public scrutiny, the embarrassment, the humiliation, and the mere fear of having to deal with the court system over the next months will be punishment enough, but you country bamas don't see that part...You're worried about a stinking playoff game that if the truth be told, they would probably STOMP your pitiful teams out without him ANYWAY..Thats what SOME of you are worried about anyway, if you are honest with yourselves.  YES he did it to himself, and WILLIE knows he screwed up. Marquis Savaet FOUND OUT TUESDAY EVENING, AFTER the game, and you folks should back off of him as well, because if you knew him like I do, you know that he is for what is right by those kids.......Makes me wanna puke!......

Uh, Dicky, wrong. According to reports, sources and the article itself, it stated that he was contacted and informed that afternoon, BEFORE the game with Central.

I am hip to the rest of what you are saying(except that you ALWAYS want to lump the entire Southeast Texas area into your your racist antics) but don't come on here and make things up to defend Saveat. He knew and the school knew BEFORE the Central game.

Still crap!!!!!

This is just a case of Savaet saving his own butt!!!!  He is not worried about the kid here he is worried about if he can do enough to have the interim tag removed from his title.  I would be more inclined to have the tag removed if he were to do the right thing and kick him off the team......which is the RIGHT THING TO DO!!!!!!

I believe that authorities are required to inform an ISD within 3 days of of the arrest.  So the school/ISD does know about it.  That doesn't necessarily mean the coach would know about it but, to my knowledge, the authorities must inform the school.

You would think because he is also an Assitant Principal he might have a clue about.

Yeah...you would think...but evidently NOT.

The question is:  Didn't know about it.....or....didn't WANT to know about it....or.....knew about it and outright lied to cover it up???

You may be one of the most racist people I have ever encountered in print. I find your view and many previous posts both antiquated and offensive with the continuous racial overtones.

You may be one of the most racist people I have ever encountered in print. I find your view and many previous posts both antiquated and offensive with the continuous racial overtones.

Booger, I think that's a pretty well known fact.

Guest DickVitale

I am NOT a racist, by no means, but, if you are true to yourself,you know that there are MANY SE Texans who are...If I happen to step on your toes say ouch, however, if it does not pertain to you, then look past it..YOU know the truth.....Marquis HEARD about it prior to the game, and was given DETAILS later....He was only ASKED did he know about the "incident". He was given NO FACTS until AFTER they played...I am going to defend Savaet, because he is a good person, I know him personally, worked with him, and know what he is about...

I am NOT a racist, by no means, but, if you are true to yourself,you know that there are MANY SE Texans who are...If I happen to step on your toes say ouch, however, if it does not pertain to you, then look past it..YOU know the truth.....Marquis HEARD about it prior to the game, and was given DETAILS later....He was only ASKED did he know about the "incident". He was given NO FACTS until AFTER they played...I am going to defend Savaet, because he is a good person, I know him personally, worked with him, and know what he is about...

yea cuz ur a rascist..... just stop talking

Guest DickVitale

There is nothing that I have EVER said hat would indicate that I dislike another race....NOTHING....Fact is, there are not many people that will call a spade a spade, and I do...You don't think that OVERALL SE Texas is a racist area? That does not mean, however, that EVERYBODY that lives in SE Texas are racists, but there are MANY. More than most areas and to not know that is a fact is even more mind blowing....There are bad people and good people in EVERY race and I know that.  I don't have a problem with good people, no matter what color they are.

Guest nostradamus

Constantly asking about Bridge City, PNG, Nederland and the likes has racial overtones and you know it.

How do you know that OVERALL SE Texas is a racist area?  Personal bad experiences does not mean an entire area is majority racist. 

More racists here than most areas?  How do you know?  Have you lived in all these "other areas"?

Come on man, you know better.  You are generalizing and stereotyping.....the exact same thing you get upset at others for.

Constantly asking about Bridge City, PNG, Nederland and the likes has racial overtones and you know it.

How do you know that OVERALL SE Texas is a racist area?  Personal bad experiences does not mean an entire area is majority racist. 

More racists here than most areas?  How do you know?  Have you lived in all these "other areas"?

Come on man, you know better.  You are generalizing and stereotyping.....the exact same thing you get upset at others for.

You took the words RIGHT out of my mouth...well the words right out of my keyboard.

DickV I will agree with you on some of what you say, It does look like there is a witch hunt going on only because he is such a high profile athlete. Your comments do seem to imply a certain stereotype of people will always think they are against you, well I disagree. I think the reason why this is such a hot topic is because it happens too many times. Trust me I know the kid will have a lot on his plate to deal with before it's all over, and although it was a bad decision he made, I don't think anyone wants the kid tarred and feathered, I think the biggest problem that everyone has is how long ago it happened, and it is just now coming to light. I do agree with the fact that if this was a kid from Lumberton, Vidor, Hampshire Fannett, any other school, that it would not get this much notoriety, but he is at a high profile school and a high profile player, so he is held to a higher standard than the rest by the group. I'm a good ol country SE Texan and I still hope the young man learns from this, moves on and becomes very successfull. I don't want it to ruin the rest of his life (let the crime fit the punishment), yes he broke the law, yes he will be punished, it's not for any of us to decide the punishment for it. Still I don't know all the facts and probably none of us never will, but it seems funny to me that it all came out after the Highly contested Central game. I mean I'm not a chicken but I know a egg when i see one. Good luck to the kid and I hope the best for him.

Guest DickVitale

What other school districts locally should I ask about? When I use those places as examples, they are just the first ones that come to mind....No overtones there...Come on, Nos, you know me....I am in no way racist, yet, people on here want to pretend that SE Texas is a racial utopia? Well, its not...Thats from BOTH ends of the spectrum, by the way.  I am way too smart of a man to not like someone because of the color of their skin, although there are some ignorant people that don't like me because the color of mine.  Thats just dumb, and I was raised to know better, and I do. But at the same time, I am not blind. Most people that live here and are FROM here don't really see things as I do, because I am not from here. Thats probably where our views differ. There are people that live here who are not from here that call SE Texas the most racist place they have ever been to and they are white! Maybe its the viewpoint, but this is not a racially harmonic place. By no means.

Guest DickVitale

DickV I will agree with you on some of what you say, It does look like there is a witch hunt going on only because he is such a high profile athlete. Your comments do seem to imply a certain stereotype of people will always think they are against you, well I disagree. I think the reason why this is such a hot topic is because it happens too many times. Trust me I know the kid will have a lot on his plate to deal with before it's all over, and although it was a bad decision he made, I don't think anyone wants the kid tarred and feathered, I think the biggest problem that everyone has is how long ago it happened, and it is just now coming to light. I do agree with the fact that if this was a kid from Lumberton, Vidor, Hampshire Fannett, any other school, that it would not get this much notoriety, but he is at a high profile school and a high profile player, so he is held to a higher standard than the rest by the group. I'm a good ol country SE Texan and I still hope the young man learns from this, moves on and becomes very successfull. I don't want it to ruin the rest of his life (let the crime fit the punishment), yes he broke the law, yes he will be punished, it's not for any of us to decide the punishment for it. Still I don't know all the facts and probably none of us never will, but it seems funny to me that it all came out after the Highly contested Central game. I mean I'm not a chicken but I know a egg when i see one. Good luck to the kid and I hope the best for him.

Great post.

What other school districts locally should I ask about? When I use those places as examples, they are just the first ones that come to mind....No overtones there...Come on, Nos, you know me....I am in no way racist, yet, people on here want to pretend that SE Texas is a racial utopia? Well, its not...Thats from BOTH ends of the spectrum, by the way.  I am way too smart of a man to not like someone because of the color of their skin, although there are some ignorant people that don't like me because the color of mine.  Thats just dumb, and I was raised to know better, and I do. But at the same time, I am not blind. Most people that live here and are FROM here don't really see things as I do, because I am not from here. Thats probably where our views differ. There are people that live here who are not from here that call SE Texas the most racist place they have ever been to and they are white! Maybe its the viewpoint, but this is not a racially harmonic place. By no means.

Agreed.....But I have a Dream...........It is getting better, but there is always room for improvement.

Guest nostradamus
What other school districts locally should I ask about?

Well, you never ever question PA Memorial or WOS or Newton.  You know exactly what you are doing when you question those specific cities/schools. 

Please, find me a city that is a racial utopia. And because people don't see things the way you do doesn't make them racist......just as you defending a kid doesn't make you racist.  I don't think your a racist but, I do believe that when you disagree with someone's point of view, race is the initial insinuation you jump to for someone taking the opposite view.

Guest stevenash

The saddest thing of all is that those who constantly cry racism do that because that is what they were taught in their youth. ( my problems are not attributable to me but to someone else who isn't nice enough to me) It is also what they teach their young about life so that the unrest continues through generations to come.  That too, is a FACT.

Guest DickVitale

The saddest thing of all is that those who constantly cry racism do that because that is what they were taught in their youth. ( my problems are not attributable to me but to someone else who isn't nice enough to me) It is also what they teach their young about life so that the unrest continues through generations to come.  That too, is a FACT.

\

Who is "they"? Their "young"? Are you talking about people or animals here?....See how it just flows out of some of you people's mouths and you don't even realize it.....SE Texas... ::)...Only in SE Texas

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder