Orangefield at Silsbee Predictions

Bobcat1

i've seen the highlights of silsbee on tv, the coach impresses me. who's the coach and where did he coach before?

Travis Williams is the coach. He is legendary coach Fred Williams son. Travis has been an assistant at Kountze and Ozen. Silsbee is his first head job. Travis is fun to watch, he gets very animated on the sidelines.

I might add that assistant coach Ira Brooks does a tremndous job with the team also.

The difference between Travis and Ira is that Ira knew these kids that play basketball since they were real young especially when they played little dribblers. He's been around for that long in Silsbee. Travis is a good coach and a funny person to know. He does what he can with his players. These coaches and players has a good relationship with one another and I wish the best for them all.

ps. They will win the rest of the remaining of thier district games by 20+. I don't know about HJ though yet. I say that because this is a big game and hopefully we can knock them off but u never know though.

Guest DickVitale

I have watched Silsbee play a few times and in class 3A they are the one of the elite.  I have known Travis since we were teenagers and he is a fierce competitor..He puts a TREMENDOUS amount of pressure on himself as a coach and really wants to win it all...Making it to Austin is not enough for him.

Here is my take:

I really think that they defend well in the full court, but allow to many easy ones in the half court. The big guys do not get enough touches, although they shoot the ball well, come playoff time, you get scouted and your shooters will get crowded and pressured so use your post players and the inside out game will get it done. Besides, that Jr. post player CAN score, and he is a big 3A post, so get him some more touches! BTW, Pheal Hill is a beasty, tough little guy, and IMO HE makes them go, even without scoring a bunch of points...

I am really pulling for Travis to win him one, and this is probably the team that CAN do it...Good luck!

Guest tigersvoice

I have watched Silsbee play a few times and in class 3A they are the one of the elite.  I have known Travis since we were teenagers and he is a fierce competitor..He puts a TREMENDOUS amount of pressure on himself as a coach and really wants to win it all...Making it to Austin is not enough for him.

Here is my take:

I really think that they defend well in the full court, but allow to many easy ones in the half court. The big guys do not get enough touches, although they shoot the ball well, come playoff time, you get scouted and your shooters will get crowded and pressured so use your post players and the inside out game will get it done. Besides, that Jr. post player CAN score, and he is a big 3A post, so get him some more touches! BTW, Pheal Hill is a beasty, tough little guy, and IMO HE makes them go, even without scoring a bunch of points...

I am really pulling for Travis to win him one, and this is probably the team that CAN do it...Good luck!

Dickie V,

Really good stuff here and all of us Tigers appreciate it.  Your obsevations are "Right on" 'cause that is what happened to us at the

show last year.  Kennedale was able to get the ball inside and were getting good looks in the paint.  It paid off for them and they just eased away from us.  Again, good stuff!  I'm getting to where I appreciate you but it took me awhile. ;D

Here is my take:

i agree with everything you say except for the part about hill being the one who makes this team go... there are way to many weapons on this team to narrow it down to just one person

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124