Parents out of bounds; respect for coaches waning

Once again, very few kids get athletic scholarships. Academic walks are given all the time.

Dream all you want. Come sit in my shoes. Very few of the kids in athletics are going to receive athletic scholarships. There are just not that many, and seriously doubt your kid is that good. I really do.

If you really want to dream, dream your kid in medical school, or law school, or some other professional school.

doubt if you must but one of mine is on 100% athletic scholarship and and the other is receiving offers as we go along---sometime the dream pays off

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, very few kids get athletic scholarships. Academic walks are given all the time.

Dream all you want. Come sit in my shoes. Very few of the kids in athletics are going to receive athletic scholarships. There are just not that many, and seriously doubt your kid is that good. I really do.

If you really want to dream, dream your kid in medical school, or law school, or some other professional school.

doubt if you must but one of mine is on 100% athletic scholarship and and the other is receiving offers as we go along---sometime the dream pays off

Well, good for you, I am glad we have this forum so you can toot your own horn.

YOU called me out with your expert knowledge----my response was to show you that in this case you are incorrect and I can cite many others as well so.... if that is tooting then toot toot

YOU called me out with your expert knowledge----my response was to show you that in this case you are incorrect and I can cite many others as well so.... if that is tooting then toot toot

Once again, I am GLAD for your child. But, for most athletes in high school there is no athletic scholarship.

One of the things we have to look at is the facts...btw Diamond, congratulations on your kids' acheivements...

1.  Since this is a baseball forum, we will adress the baseball side of it...the reality is that many players will not get a full ride...scholarship, yes, full ride no...football gets those...the chances for an academic scholarship are greater than a sports one

2.  A player's overall career is measured in years, while post playing days is measured in decades...so one must prepare for that, instead of the sports career being the goal...

3.  In the practice of the athletic craft, the chances of a career ending injury increase with the amount of playing time...and the chances of a college career ending, along with the scholarship are also great, depending on the school...

Maybe plan for the post athletic career, while enjoying the amount of playing time...

EAGLE 07...tax or audit?...

Why exactly are you posting to this forum?  You say you are educated, but making a blind comment about a kid you don't know is stupid.

And as was said before,........Diamond, congratulations on your kids' acheivements...

LOL

One of the things we have to look at is the facts...btw Diamond, congratulations on your kids' acheivements...

1.  Since this is a baseball forum, we will adress the baseball side of it...the reality is that many players will not get a full ride...scholarship, yes, full ride no...football gets those...the chances for an academic scholarship are greater than a sports one

2.  A player's overall career is measured in years, while post playing days is measured in decades...so one must prepare for that, instead of the sports career being the goal...

3.  In the practice of the athletic craft, the chances of a career ending injury increase with the amount of playing time...and the chances of a college career ending, along with the scholarship are also great, depending on the school...

Maybe plan for the post athletic career, while enjoying the amount of playing time...

exactly right---everyone sooner or later will hit the wall--for most it is the last high school game they play, for a select few it is in college, and for the extremely rare it is in the major leagues but at some point it will be over

I have always preached that sports is a "means to an end"--it can help you pay for college and have a heck of ride along the way

Same here..............about scholar athlete  ???

financial....private oil and gas. I remember you from last year. How have you been ? Ready for another season of baseball ? 

Hey, Diamond if we can get that kid of yours up there w/ mine next year....................heck, we can toot toot together. A toot for baseball and a toot for the Dean's List.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder