What do you think Faircloth will do for the PNG football Program ?

pngfan66

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I think next year will be a learning curve for PNG, but look out...after that, PNG will be hard to stop!  As Coop says, I've watched video and Faircloth's offenses LOVE stingy defenses...he loves to rip 'em apart at the seams!  I'm looking forward to Coach Faircloth being here and continuing the RICH tradition of PNG football!

PNG............Honor............Pride............Tradition!

He's a good one to start with though.

No disrespect but how do yall know he is a good one.  He has never led a program before. 

Its going to take him some time,  but he has DEFINITELY proven his offensive ability at Permian.  Also, Allman, HC of Permian, has stated that he will be there for Faircloth if he has any question and that he trained Faircloth for an HC position.  PNG will be alright.....!

Come on people, I'm a supporter of Lumberton NOT PNG, but give the coach a break.  How do you become a HC without someone giving you a chance?  I'm sure they looked at his accomplishments in his current position and looked at his leadership skills.  Good Luck PNG!

Good post. I'm pretty sure Hooks, Barbay, and Neumann all had to start somewhere. I doubt too many are hired straight out of school as HC's. Faircloth led the Permian offense as offense coordinator, and did it well. Does he have HC experience? No, but im glad we chose to take a chance on him. I like what i've been reading on him.

Come on people, I'm a supporter of Lumberton NOT PNG, but give the coach a break.  How do you become a HC without someone giving you a chance?  I'm sure they looked at his accomplishments in his current position and looked at his leadership skills.  Good Luck PNG!

Good post. I'm pretty sure Hooks, Barbay, and Neumann all had to start somewhere. I doubt too many are hired straight out of school as HC's. Faircloth led the Permian offense as offense coordinator, and did it well. Does he have HC experience? No, but im glad we chose to take a chance on him. I like what i've been reading on him.

Me too, pngfan1, me too!

I believe he has the right type of athletes coming up to make his offense work. We have some good recievers coming back. He has enough of them to spread the field pretty good. The question will be developing the right QB, which is what he does. I like his chances.

I believe he has the right type of athletes coming up to make his offense work. We have some good recievers coming back. He has enough of them to spread the field pretty good. The question will be developing the right QB, which is what he does. I like his chances.

I do, too.  I also think hiring him will give some other young players a "boost" and it will increase the number of boys going out for football.  I think we probably have some good players walking the halls.  Most of all, though, I heard from an excellent source about how excited both he and his wife are to come here and to me that's the most important attribute he can have--excitement and enthusiasm go a long way!  Scalp 'em, Indians!

Barbay was the Asst. Coach under Lidney Thompson, who coached the Eagles to the 1974 State Championship with a win over the Spearman Lynx 55-6.  You are right, they ALL had to start somewhere.  Faircloth will be GOOD for PNG....CHANGE is coming to The Reservation !

Guest Brubaker

I think DeRon would be considered one of the best receivers coming back in the district, not sure how good the QB situation is, nor the depth at receiver.  This is just what I saw last year.  I do think there will be some growing pains, sounds like he's gonna be teaching a pitt bull to be a greyhound.

The big picture here is not the offense. We know the guy can put the points up. The question is the defense. I have not heard many people talk about how the defense will be without Matt Burnett.

Take my word for it as a Nederland Fan, you can put up 50 points and still lose the game.

At this point you're right, not much talk about the Defense. Until we know what changes the new coach makes it will be hard to say. As far as the defense we had I felt Carl Broussard did a good job with what we had last year. Since he was from McNeese there was no change in what we have been doing for years(with the exception of year that Fischer ran it). He runs the same defense as Matt always did.

Faircloth has no HC experience yet, but he has learned from the best.

1. Played for Brownwood (home of the 2nd all time winningest coach in Texas HS Football)

2. Coached under Ron Schroeder at Austin Westlake (Schroeder went 187-27 and won a couple of 5A State Titles at Westlake of which Faircloth was on staff)

3. Coached under Randy Allen at Highland Park (Allen went 106-11 and won a state title in 4A with Faircloth on staff)

4. Coached under Allman at Permian (Allman has turned Permian back into a west Texas power and top ten team)

I'd say he had to learn a few pretty good things about running a program and it looks like he has some pretty good coaches to call on if he has questions!

The best thing for the program is start at the middle schools developing players and his should be good at that, the JV had 2 good QBs last year and the Fish team is good too, things looking up at the REZ.

I find the fact that he wants to jump right in and start working with the team great, not waiting until the start date, and the fact that he wants to start the program from the MS fantastic. I think hes bringing in some coaches with him and plans more and has been given full authority by the board to do so, and has already put the coaches on notice esp in MS.

" the futures so bight i gotta wear shades"

I was wondering how many coaches Faircloth will bring in ?  Also, I'm thinking is Faircloth going to call his own offensive plays or assign a assistant coach to OC ?  I know its early on and Faircloth isn't even here yet, but just something to chew on !  I believe that the learning curve of all the boys from Freshman to Varsity will be a very short learning curve. The excitement and desire is there from the boys, so I think they will jump into his system with a full 100% committment !  I believe PNG will go better than .500 this coming season.  Alot of talent out there that I feel Faircloth will discover and mold from the current Freshmen and up. I'm pumped about this new coach and the change. I don't believe he will be a determining factor in the traditions at the RES. I think he is going to be pumped up about the PNG Traditions !!!!  Bring back Bonzai !!!!!!!!!!  loved that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it time for 2 a days yet ?  lol !

Bringing Sissy Ball to the Res will make the big RB's PN-G's known for on the endangered species list.  Probably make the defense soft as well. 

If his offense was "sissy ball" I would agree with you, but it is not. He does not run the "spread" offense. He runs a multiple offense with a lot of two back formations.

dont know since he has proven nothing yet.  Kind of surprised that PNG would hire someone with zero head coaching experience.  He has never ran a program before.  I know he was part of a good offense at Permian with a great running back

Uh,  Neumann was an asst. coach at PNG when he was hired.  He hasn't been to shabby so far.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami