WO-S ISD TAKS Issue Dead!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad issue that the school board is trying to ruin the only thing that is going rihgt for WOS.  The school seemed to be academically acceptable.  Sounds like a few members just have a stickler for a few coaches.  I guess their kids were not good enough, so now lets take our rage out on the kids and coaches at WOS now.  When is barclay up for reelection.  Isn't this the same guy that said that WOS will be lucky if they even have athletics next year?  Next thing, they will try and take away 2-a-days.  They have already killed middle school athletics.  How many schools are academically acceptable in the state?  No other dumba** board is trying to do something as stupid as this.  Get rid of Barclay---  He is mad at Coach Hooks for some stupid reason.  The school board is for the benefit of the kids; not a chance to get back at someone that you are mad at.

Barclay--------Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad issue that the school board is trying to ruin the only thing that is going rihgt for WOS.  The school seemed to be academically acceptable.  Sounds like a few members just have a stickler for a few coaches.  I guess their kids were not good enough, so now lets take our rage out on the kids and coaches at WOS now.  When is barclay up for reelection.  Isn't this the same guy that said that WOS will be lucky if they even have athletics next year?  Next thing, they will try and take away 2-a-days.  They have already killed middle school athletics.  How many schools are academically acceptable in the state?  No other dumba** board is trying to do something as stupid as this.  Get rid of Barclay---  He is mad at Coach Hooks for some stupid reason.  The school board is for the benefit of the kids; not a chance to get back at someone that you are mad at.

He hates Athletics!! He's ruining it!

Guest jackbquick

Just curious, I thought WOS was an open campus because their TAKS scores were not acceptable. Am I wrong about this? Does sound like this guy is out to get someone.

I have a feeling this is going to pass, meaning for students to participate in sports, choir, band, drama, etc, they have to pass the TAKS. If not, they are done for the school year.

Busing won't be as big of an issue if this passes.

If this passes and it could look for our enrollment numbers to go down further.

THAT IS WHAT HE IS TRYING TO DO,( JUST ASK) one are two of the scholl board members thay will tell u. he is there for one reason AND NOW the tax payers are seeing it more and more as this story opens up. MR BARCLAY go ahead and do this  ,there are no jobs for young kids in the city of orange ,unless u feel likwe thay can get with the bad guys on the streets and start selling DRUGS.

I have a feeling this is going to pass, meaning for students to participate in sports, choir, band, drama, etc, they have to pass the TAKS. If not, they are done for the school year.

Busing won't be as big of an issue if this passes.

If this passes and it could look for our enrollment numbers to go down further.

It is not going to hurt just athletes. It is going to hurt band, choir, One Act Play, the Art Club competitions, VICA competitions, welding competitions, a whole host of other contests in which a kid may mis-step on one of the 4 TAKS tests. Look as I have said in other posts, there are kids who work their eyes out and finally pass the TAKS math in late April of their senior year, or finally get their diploma taking the test during the summer.

"out for the year" is IMO over the line---while students must pass the TAKS the answer is to assign these kids to remediation classes and work harder to get them over the top---if this story is accurate AND it passes you can look for the dropout rate to increase and enrollment to drop------and if an Athletic program fails(especially a good one) the morale of the entire district will suffer

"out for the year" is IMO over the line---while students must pass the TAKS the answer is to assign these kids to remediation classes and work harder to get them over the top---if this story is accurate AND it passes you can look for the dropout rate to increase and enrollment to drop------and if an Athletic program fails(especially a good one) the morale of the entire district will suffer

The kids who fail TAKS are already put in TAKS math, science recovery class. I do not understand putting the kid out for a year.

The kids who fail TAKS are already put in TAKS math, science recovery class. I do not understand putting the kid out for a year.

the second part is the important part----work harder--students, teachers, and admins

this is a note to MR HARRY BARCLAY. if my kid dose not pass the TAKS will you come to me and say i have a dumb son becouse he cant pass this.man oh man you take the test first then the kids ,lets see just how smart you are .and i think this is what he is going to do telling people how dumb some of the kids are.most all the parents these days try there best with there kids

the second part is the important part----work harder--students, teachers, and admins

You know, I have seen teachers and administrators bust their tails and the kid comes up short....There is just so much that can be done.

The kid today is not the kid of 25, 20, 15 or even 10 years ago. They have a different attitude, a different belief system. I have seen teachers come before school and stay late, trying to help kids. Some of the kids just won't come for help. They want someone to "do it for them."

Lets see the numbers.  WOS is in terrible debt. Students and parents leave/move because they can not participate in any extracurricular activity over this stupid rule.  $4400 per kid leave the school district.  How bad would the debt be then.  Then maybe there could be a lawsuit because of the school district not providing opportunities for their students.  If the percentages from athletics scholarships drop, could there be ramifications put back onto the school board because of not having opportunities?  Just asking?  I know that there are numbers of schools that have kids that have a hard time passing that test.  You are telling me that WOS wants to go from where they are to Harvard of the South.  LOL.  Maybe you need to start at the top and look at where the money is going.  Don't try to hurt the kids because you are not intelligent enough at the top to run things right. 

It is not the kids fault that you are not running the district right.  It is not Coach Hooks fault that they have a that program is run right and everything else is run like a circle jerk.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476