WO-S ISD TAKS Issue Dead!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how deep a hole is this school board in and looks like the lady on the board has been sweet talked from someone .i can see now she is NOT a LEADER  no longer just a YES PERSON to  someone  what ashame. some of the people in the lc-m  area are saying  that thay have boo boo and are trying to hide it

Should have because there were other kids in there.  It just doesn't look good to walk in immediately after a vote. 

My biggest pet peeve about the meeting process is that board members have continuously thrown out false information during the meeting and that noone is allowed to speak up.  I don't necessarily mean there should be running dialogue, but it is not fair when erroneous information is given out and allowed to stand as fact.  I can tell you for a fact that other extracurricular activities do offer transportation from competitions because my oldest son participated in choir and academic activities and was asked while on the bus if he needed a ride home.  It just so happens that most choir and academic students' parents pick them up.

The busing decision was made in haste and I would not doubt that whoever put it up to vote was probably smart enough to know that once it was voted on and approved, it would be difficult to overturn.

I just don't like to see politics in any level of school activities and this is truly wreaking of it.

If Hooks decided to retire I would hate to see who this school board would try to hire to replace him.

From the Orange Leader---- In a 4 to 3 vote WO-S School Board decides to hire Todd Moody as new football coach.

Underneath headline will read "Pruett resigns"

If Hooks decided to retire I would hate to see who this school board would try to hire to replace him.

From the Orange Leader---- In a 4 to 3 vote WO-S School Board decides to hire Todd Moody as new football coach.

Underneath headline will read "Pruett resigns"

...... to become Moody's OC.

Well, it seemed like a stupid idea anyway. I don't know if any other school is doing that or not but it doesn't seem fair anyway. Some kids do well enough to maintail a passing average then the pressure of the taks test could cause them to not pass on the first try. I am not a teacher but my wife is. The teachers, in her opinion, have to spend too much time teaching taks and not enough time teaching the subjects. Besides there is already no pass no play in effect. And taks is more like an aptitude test anyway.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami