100-0

AI_Fan

Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS)

As for the coach losing his job:  That was the worst thing for the school to do for the system as a whole.  Now, any lopsided score might be judged unfairly and have people calling for coaches' heads because they are upset their team was thoroughly beaten.  I have been on both sides of the spectrum as a coach and a player.  It just happens.  Now, we are sending messages to our society that mediocrity is acceptable when we already have too many apathetic people.  The guy is everything you want as a coach that teaches your kids to be the best you can be while maintaining a sense of toughness in a tough world.  Kudos to the coach for standing up what he believes in, and it is a shame that he was fired.

On a final note:  Do you think he would have actually lost his job if the score had been 90-0?  People overreact to sensationalist media way too much.

As for the coach losing his job:  That was the worst thing for the school to do for the system as a whole.  Now, any lopsided score might be judged unfairly and have people calling for coaches' heads because they are upset their team was thoroughly beaten.  I have been on both sides of the spectrum as a coach and a player.  It just happens.  Now, we are sending messages to our society that mediocrity is acceptable when we already have too many apathetic people.  The guy is everything you want as a coach that teaches your kids to be the best you can be while maintaining a sense of toughness in a tough world.  Kudos to the coach for standing up what he believes in, and it is a shame that he was fired.

On a final note:  Do you think he would have actually lost his job if the score had been 90-0?  People overreact to sensationalist media way too much.

I think you have made some good points.

I thought it was funny that they emphasized the girls' "learning disabilities."  They spoke and acted just fine on all the morning shows as well as ESPN!!!  What's a shame is that your coach allows you to throw a varsity jersey on your shoulders and you can't even make a lay-up or dribble the ball.  The administration should take the blame for allowing them to compete in a competitive league.  This story is a joke, the coach of Dallas Academy is a joke, and the administration taking their dirty laundry to the press before consulting their coach is a joke.  They only filled a few reporters' voids for the next big story.

Not 100% sure but I think he was fired not just because of the score of this game but also because he publicly refused to go along with the school administrators' apology.  Never a good idea.  IMO he would probably still have his job had he just gone along with the apology.  I don't know what he hoped to accomplish by trying to defend himself when public opinion was so against him.  What's the old saying, "sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". 

Not 100% sure but I think he was fired not just because of the score of this game but also because he publicly refused to go along with the school administrators' apology.  Never a good idea.  IMO he would probably still have his job had he just gone along with the apology.  I don't know what he hoped to accomplish by trying to defend himself when public opinion was so against him.  What's the old saying, "sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". 

He's a fool for not saying somthing he didnt believe?

He's a fool for not saying somthing he didnt believe?

No.  He's a "fool" (and an unemployed one at that) for saying anything other than I'm sorry.

If he feels he did nothing wrong then why should he apologize?

Because it would've been the right thing to do.  His employer (the school) got a lot of negative publicity and criticism because of this game and his "I didn't do anything wrong" statement only made things worse for everyone.  IMO his poor judgement in the days after the game was as bad as his lack of sportsmanship during the game. 

If the game could have been 225-0 (which it could have....) (it was 25-0 3 minutes into the game...)  doesn't the score of 100-0 seem to show that he did pull the dogs off?  What is forgotten in this story ws that in the second half there was a running clock, they played a 2-3 zone after the 1st quarter.... Is he supposed to tell his team to sit down on the floor so the other team can score?  That would be more embarrassing than the 100-0 score....  I hate that our society praises failure so much! Everyone always has to have a reason or excuse as to why they failed.... If there is not an excuse readily available, then someone else must be to blame.

I don't see a restaurant getting criticized when no one else goes to a competing restaurant and it closes down....

What if someone wins an election 100% to 0%???  does the winner have to forfeit because the other person didn't get a vote?

Superbowl ads should cost as much as commercials on PBS!  It isn't fair that everyone is watching the superbowl and no that great show about knitting....

This whole situation is sad and stupid!  If you are that bad, don't play.... If you still really want to play, then play at the YMCA or in your driveway.

now, off my soapbox.

If he feels he did nothing wrong then why should he apologize?

Because it would've been the right thing to do.  His employer (the school) got a lot of negative publicity and criticism because of this game and his "I didn't do anything wrong" statement only made things worse for everyone.  IMO his poor judgement in the days after the game was as bad as his lack of sportsmanship during the game. 

I see your point and you have a good one but this must be a judgement call because I just wouldn't be able to apologize for somthing I didn't do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics