Spurger@ Sabine Pass/Sharks Win In OT!!!!

That's not frustration, it's YOUTH.The Pirates are very young and playing an OT game on the road.They will be OK.This district is gonna be to close to call if HD's big guy is hurt.

FRUSTRATION-YOUTH

I THINK ITS A LIL BIT OF BOTH

NUMBER TEN IS A GREAT POINT GAURD AND HE IS THERE PLAYMAKER

BUT HE CANT GET FRUSTRATED BECAUSE THE PIRATES NEED HIM IN HIS GAMES

HE NEEDS TO STAY POISED

I agree

agreed as well

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#10 is a sophomore and is a very solid player for his age.There is no substitute for experience and the Pirates are getting that now.If anyone in this district wants a shot at the district crown besides Spurger they better take it this year because this group will be hard to beat as they get a little older.Since HD has lost their big guy Spurger has to be the favorite to win the district.They just took a much more experienced SP team to OT on the road.That's not a good sign for the Sharks.

I am sick to death of this YOUTH crap & for SP to be agreeing with it is crap also.  Spurger starting "5" are 2 soph, 1 jr., 2 sr. And the 2 soph. makes Spurger be a young/youth team.  These two soph. have had a bball in their hands as long as they could walk & had more competition & big game experience, than SP ever could dream of.  Yes, SP is playing the best ball they have in a long time & they are a team of nearly all jr., well good for them.  Congrats to them!

I've got a couple of questions

How many T's would be called in a game if every player LOOKED frustrated/upset over a call, (keep in mind nothing said or done toward anyone) only LOOKED frustrated/upset over a call? (This was the explanation given to the coach)

Doesn't a coach have the right to know why "he" gets a T? (Wound not give him a reason, b/c their wasn't one)

What does anyone think of a fan/parent coming up to a player (Spurger player) @ the end of the game & telling him he has bad sportsmanship, etc., etc. ?  This is uncalled for these players are still YOUTH!

I, as a fan, dread to go to a couple of places for games & I just didn't expect this one being one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sick to death of this YOUTH crap & for SP to be agreeing with it is crap also.  Spurger starting "5" are 2 soph, 1 jr., 2 sr. And the 2 soph. makes Spurger be a young/youth team.  These two soph. have had a bball in their hands as long as they could walk & had more competition & big game experience, than SP ever could dream of.  Yes, SP is playing the best ball they have in a long time & they are a team of nearly all jr., well good for them.  Congrats to them!

I've got a couple of questions

How many T's would be called in a game if every player LOOKED frustrated/upset over a call, (keep in mind nothing said or done toward anyone) only LOOKED frustrated/upset over a call? (This was the explanation given to the coach)

Doesn't a coach have the right to know why "he" gets a T? (Wound not give him a reason, b/c their wasn't one)

What does anyone think of a fan/parent coming up to a player (Spurger player) @ the end of the game & telling him he has bad sportsmanship, etc., etc. ?  This is uncalled for these players are still YOUTH!

I, as a fan, dread to go to a couple of places for games & I just expect this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we'll have a friendly environment wainting on you in evadale!! ;D ;D

#10 is a sophomore and is a very solid player for his age.There is no substitute for experience and the Pirates are getting that now.If anyone in this district wants a shot at the district crown besides Spurger they better take it this year because this group will be hard to beat as they get a little older.Since HD has lost their big guy Spurger has to be the favorite to win the district.They just took a much more experienced SP team to OT on the road.That's not a good sign for the Sharks.

Sorry to have to prove you wrong whsalum's

Sabine-Wasson,Carlos,Jones,Jones,Nguyen all only have 2year of Varsity(starting 5) Cruthirds,Berg,Peltier,Johnson 1year (comes off the bench)

Spurger-Mcgallion,Whittaker 2years-Blankenship 2-3years-those 2 seniors 2-4 years of Varsity (Starting 5).

I'm not sure about ya'll but it looks like Spurger have more Varsity Experience than Sabine Pass...Numbers don't lie

So it really is a good sign for the Sharks

Your whole post was just bad sense

Great game Spurger

Nitro does have a point ;D

Jones for Sabine was the man he light it up for 32.(2 years of varsity)

Wise one-You tell me this kid going to be dropping 64 next year when he is more experience ;)

what are u talking bout???? Is he avg. 32 pts. a game/every game, "NO!"

Sorry to have to prove you wrong wise one

Sabine-Wasson,Carlos,Jones,Jones,Nguyen all only have 2year of Varsity(starting 5) Cruthirds,Berg,Peltier,Johnson 1year (comes off the bench)

Spurger-Mcgallion,Whittaker 2years-Blankenship 2-3years-those 2 seniors 2-4 years of Varsity (Starting 5).

I'm not sure about ya'll but it looks like Spurger have more Varsity Experience than Sabine Pass...Numbers don't lie

So it really is a good sign for the Sharks

Your whole post was just bad sense

Great game Spurger

Are u calling out wise one?, the was whsalum's post

Spurger starting "5" Soph. Mcgallion & Whittaker 2yrs, Jr. Blankenship 3yrs, Sr. Gossett 3yrs & Collier 1yr.

Wise one-You tell me this kid going to be dropping 64 next year when he is more experience ;)

Wasn't saying the kid avg that much...it was an hyperbole

But come on now the sharks win and the best thing that can be said is its not a good sign for the Sharks(since when did winning become a bad sign)...I'm not taking anything away from Spurger but when it comes to experience it easy to see Spurger has it over Sabine...

The fact is Sabine was better than Spurger that night and it was shown!

Spurger yall are a great team,i wish yall best.Nothing but respect to your school no matter the sport.

Not the biggest Shark fan but i hope the Sharks sweep this district.

But come on now the sharks win and the best thing that can be said is its not a good sign for the Sharks(since when did winning become a bad sign)...I'm not taking anything away from Spurger but when it comes to experience it easy to see Spurger has it over Sabine...

Spurger yall are a great team,i wish yall best.Nothing but respect to your school no matter the sport.

Not the biggest Shark fan??? That's all I have seen u post on, don't think theirs "No Truth" in this statement, and what is hyperbole???

Good luck to the Sharks in WH, they will need it.  I think the Sharks will get the same treatment that the Pirates did in Nederland.

A royal ********

There were 3 T's issued in the game so not sure which you are referring to.

The first was on a spurger player for shoving a SP player.

The other two, one was on Spurger coach, the other on SP coach. Both were crazy not sure why either were issued.

I definatly agree that fans should not speak to the players it is uncalled for.  I believe that Spurger is a very talented team, they were last year, they are this year, and they will be for awhile. It was a big win for SP Because Spurger is a good team.

Good Luck to Spurger you guys are a very talented group.   

There were 3 T's issued in the game so not sure which you are referring to.

The first was on a spurger player for shoving a SP player.

The other two, one was on Spurger coach, the other on SP coach. Both were crazy not sure why either were issued.

I definatly agree that fans should not speak to the players it is uncalled for.  I believe that Spurger is a very talented team, they were last year, they are this year, and they will be for awhile. It was a big win for SP Because Spurger is a good team.

Good Luck to Spurger you guys are a very talented group.   

It not like the spurger COACH to get @ TF :D :D :D :D :D

HATERS HATERS HATERS HATERS HATERS HATERS HATERS HATERS

THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT

THE SHARKS TAKE OUT THE PIRATES AND HERE COMES THE EXCUSES

PATHETIC

SPURGERS STARTING FIVE BASICALLY WENT TO REGIONALS LAST YEAR BENCH OR NOT

AND SABINE PASSES BOYS NEVER TOUCHED PLAYOFFS AN YALL WANNA TALK ABOUT EXPERIENCE

WE WON THATS ALL THERE IS TOO IT

IT COULD BE DIFFERENT NEXT TIME WHO KNOWS

ALL I KNOW IS WE WON

GET OVER IT

TAKING NOTHING FROM THE COACHES OR BOYS ITS THESE FANS

Not the biggest Shark fan??? That's all I have seen u post on, don't think theirs "No Truth" in this statement, and what is hyperbole???

Good luck to the Sharks in WH, they will need it.  I think the Sharks will get the same treatment that the Pirates did in Nederland.

A royal ********

wow you don't know what it mean...look the word up.

hmm really i didn't think the Sharks was going to win the district till they handle Spurger. Check my post and you will see who i thought was going to win....BUT YOU BEST BELIEVE IM A SHARK FAN NOW!!!

DANG I'M GLAD SPURGUR AIN'T SORE LOSERES LIKE YOU 

A royal ********

wow you don't know what it mean...look the word up.

hmm really i didn't think the Sharks was going to win the district till they handle Spurger. Check my post and you will see who i thought was going to win....BUT YOU BEST BELIEVE IM A SHARK FAN NOW!!!

DANG I'M GLAD SPURGUR AIN'T SORE LOSERES LIKE YOU 

SP stop playing the spurger game OVER AND OVER yall won so get ready for WH GET READY FOR WH ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Evidently I have the wrong players that I thought were starting for Spurger.I thought Blankenship was the old dog in this pack along with 4 sophomores starting.How many of the SP starters are seniors?The young guys for Spurger haven't been in many big game situations,Whittacre got some minutes last year as did Blankenship in the big games but thats about it.The 5 starters you listed for SP you said had 2 years of varsity experience if thats true they have to be at least juniors(I think several are seniors).I still like Spurgers chances of winning the district the next 2 years and I think they will finish ahead of SP this year.

Guest THE SCOUTER

The Sharks center in a senior. The rest of the starters are juniors. The race will be close the next two years. But all in all Spurger and Sabine Pass will play for 1st and 2nd this year and next. And CATMAN let the sharks enjoy this win ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congrats to both teams

nice to have you aboard the team Truth

Catman Trust the sharks ain't living in the past we are over the WIN but to say we won because of ref. or because Spurger is inexperience is BS.

Im not asking for anyone to say good jobs Sharks.

Just know.If you face our team no matter where we play you better get ready for a game.no matter if you want it or not

Wow the sharks lose no complaints about the refs we win and you blame it on the refs...Sharks win then there the better team that night if the Pirates win then there the better team that night its very simple...

1st experience 2nd refs. Whats next our cheerleader was cheering alittle to hard and that's why we won?

Sharks lets move pass this win and get ready for West Hardin

1 battle was won but the war is far from over

I'm done with the topic

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics