Any newcomers predicted to have a big year or make an impact in District 19-4A?

RIP09

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree--BH most likely wins the district-but losing Michael Bounds hurts

Losing Bounds does indeed hurt. Poor kid has had his share of injuries. His loss really hurts because he could play ss, 2nd, 3rd, outfield, and pitch.

DARN sure hurt the basketball team!  I feel bad for the kid, he has a tough recovery ahead.  Hopefully he will have a great, injury free senior year.

I think KP will be fine in this district, Should be a good baseball district.  Rupp at Goose Creek and KP, don't forget about the kids from Crosby they have a very solid team returning and a good young coach. CE King has some dedicated players I think have a shot at playing at the next level but not sure about their pitching.  Galena Park was the only team to beat the Hill last year don't forget about those guys, they are not going to lay down and die.  Going to be fun can't wait.  See you at the diamond.

BH-daniel mitchel (p/of)

he has stepped up his pitching and can hit also

I heard Mitchel pitched well, Who else might step up. Ballard is trying out for third has anyone heard how he's doing. Are their anymore of the sophomores that might be pulled up.

Mitchell has looked good on the hill. Not much room for any other playing time if everybody stays healthy. Ballard he will most likely be on JV he has been injured the last 2 years. There will be very few juniors on the Varisity baring injury you will not see any sophomores

Guest shooter1709

BH-daniel mitchel (p/of)

I heard Mitchel pitched well, Who else might step up. Ballard is trying out for third has anyone heard how he's doing. Are their anymore of the sophomores that might be pulled up.

Mitchell has looked good on the hill. Not much room for any other playing time if everybody stays healthy. Ballard he will most likely be on JV he has been injured the last 2 years. There will be very few juniors on the Varisity baring injury you will not see any sophomores

who does BH have at third this year?? Bellard is lookin ok at third after a year hiatus when he was hurt

BH-daniel mitchel (p/of)

who does BH have at third this year?? Bellard is lookin ok at third after a year hiatus when he was hurt

They have several options that have been mentioned at 3rd. Right now I believe Jared Baker, Bellard, Blaine McDonald are working there but you also have the option of putting Jake Ponder at third and putting Lyday behind the plate. Not sure how it will play out but I'd be a little concerned of how Bellard will do at the plate against good varsity pitching. You've got to remember he missed last year as a freshman so your going back to at bats against 14 or 15 year old pitching. Not sure how he'll adjust to say a kid like Smesny from Dayton. That will be quite an adjustment to make for any kid.

Guest eagle0911

BEING THAT DEFENSE IS 80% OF THE GAME AND FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN THIS IS GOING TO BE  A STINGY DEFENSE REGARDLESS

OF WHO HAS THE ROCK. I AGREE THAT IT'S A LOT TO ASK OF A KID(BELLARD) TO MAKE THAT JUMP BUT REMEMBER THESE ARE THE SAME COACHES THAT PUT A SOPHMORE AT SS(ALBEIT A TALENTED ONE FROM JV) FOR THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR. GREAT KID BUT NO

EXPERIENCE AT THAT LEVEL. WHEN SILVA PITCHED GAME TWO AGAINST BAY CITY HE PITCHED A HECK OF A GAME BUT HE WAS BACKED UP BY SOME TREMENDOUS DEFENSE DURING THAT GAME IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY. SO , LET'EM ROLL THE BALL........

Guest shooter1709

BEING THAT DEFENSE IS 80% OF THE GAME AND FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN THIS IS GOING TO BE  A STINGY DEFENSE REGARDLESS

OF WHO HAS THE ROCK. I AGREE THAT IT'S A LOT TO ASK OF A KID(BELLARD) TO MAKE THAT JUMP BUT REMEMBER THESE ARE THE SAME COACHES THAT PUT A SOPHMORE AT SS(ALBEIT A TALENTED ONE FROM JV) FOR THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR. GREAT KID BUT NO

EXPERIENCE AT THAT LEVEL. WHEN SILVA PITCHED GAME TWO AGAINST BAY CITY HE PITCHED A HECK OF A GAME BUT HE WAS BACKED UP BY SOME TREMENDOUS DEFENSE DURING THAT GAME IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY. SO , LET'EM ROLL THE BALL........

i agree, tremendous defense all around in that game last year especially at 3rd base and id look for much of the same all year from this squad who wont let much get past them

Guest shooter1709

3rd actually seems locked up both defensively and offensively like every other position on the field as we've said they are returning an all-senior lineup  8) so they show extreme promise

3rd actually seems locked up both defensively and offensively like every other position on the field as we've said they are returning an all-senior lineup  8) so they show extreme promise

Well who do you believe has 3rd locked up?  Because when I was there watching there was more upperclassmen doing squat jumps "I think that is what they call them" more than the underclassmen.

Guest shooter1709

Well who do you believe has 3rd locked up?  Because when I was there watching there was more upperclassmen doing squat jumps "I think that is what they call them" more than the underclassmen.

well from what i heard Baker should have the lock but i completely agree if he doesnt show "want to" then a replacement may very well be in order... i also think however that the 3rd or 4th practices dont really show the true colors of a player... if they do then i think Lyday may have to take ove at catcher because from what i heard of yesterdays practice the catcher, Ponder, i believe couldnt catch a ball to save his life  ??? so who knos

Guest eagle0911

The debate rages on and on.....folks, let me tell you ,if you as a community want a team to make a deep run in the playoffs then

you want these seniors on the field..period...end of story. Besides, as some one stated earlier these kids have their dues many times over waiting their turn just like the ones before them. That's the way it works if you haven't noticed. The starters will be:some variations for who's pitching:

C-Ponder

1st-Rocha/Peterson

2nd-Clifton

SS-Carmona

3rd-Baker

LF-Henscey

CF-Padgett

RF-Burditt

Now, get behind these kids and give them your support. Little known tidbit,

This group is the only one ever to go to Little League State as 14 yr olds from BH

Well who ever plays will have to work on there hitting because the guys that are competing for 3rd; none have looked good with the bat at practice.  I have been to all but one practice and 3rd base is wide open. ;)

Regardless of who ends up being at 3rd, don't be surprised if you end up having someone DH for that position in the lineup.

The debate rages on and on.....folks, let me tell you ,if you as a community want a team to make a deep run in the playoffs then

you want these seniors on the field..period...end of story. Besides, as some one stated earlier these kids have their dues many times over waiting their turn just like the ones before them. That's the way it works if you haven't noticed. The starters will be:some variations for who's pitching:

C-Ponder

1st-Rocha/Peterson

2nd-Clifton

SS-Carmona

3rd-Baker

LF-Henscey

CF-Padgett

RF-Burditt

Now, get behind these kids and give them your support. Little known tidbit,

This group is the only one ever to go to Little League State as 14 yr olds from BH

end of story.....until one or more of them goes 0 for 12 at the plate and maybe 0 for 5 with risp then you had better bring the best bat you have up senior or not----------this conversation sounds like there may some seniors worried about playing time if they are the best they will play if not then move over---that's life

Guest eagle0911

Diamond-J ..Just come to the games and support the team whether or not your underclassmen is getting playing time. That is a time honored BH tradition.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder