Who is the best player to ever come out of SETX?

Guest ST4life

Guest ST4life

I would have to say Brandi McCain from Silsbee........

she was the shizzz back in the day........

Career:

2001-2002: Florida University (NCAA)

Cleveland Rockers (WNBA)

2004-2005: Maccabi Ashdod (D1): 9 games: 12.2ppg, 3.2rpg, 4.1apg, 2.7spg, 2FGP: 38.3%, 3FGP: 40.5%

2005-2006: Maccabi Ashdod (ISR-D1,1T): 18 games: Score-1(21.7ppg), 3.9rpg, Assists-1(6.5apg), 2.2spg, 2FGP: 46.1%, 3PT: 42.9%, FT: 84.4%, in Feb.'06 moved to Mann Filter Zaragoza (ESP-LFB): 7 games: 8.6ppg, 2.9rpg, 2.0apg, 2.7spg, 2FGP: 38.5%, 3PT: 27.3%, FT: 75.0%

2006 April: Los Angeles Sparks (WNBA) summer camp

2006-2007: Maccabi Ashdod (ISR-D1): 22 games: Score-4(20.5ppg), 4.1rpg, 3.5apg, Steals-2(2.8spg), 2FGP: 49.8%, 3PT: 42.7%, FT: 80.3%

2007-2008: Maccabi Ashdod (ISR-D1): 21 games: 17.9ppg, 2.4rpg, 3.6apg, 2.6spg, 2FGP: 45.9%, 3PT: 42.6%, FT: 73.2%

2008-2009: Elitzur Maclaren Holon (Israel-D1)

Guest bleed orange

There was a girl from WOS that went to Lamar, I believe that was pretty good. Was her name Tresha Gant. I know I misspelled her name. Sorry!!!!!

There was a girl from WOS that went to Lamar, I believe that was pretty good. Was her name Tresha Gant. I know I misspelled her name. Sorry!!!!!

You were close bleed, its Travessa Gant and yes she was very good, play on the Elite 8 Lamar team with Barbara Hickey.  Also on that team was Ramona Jones who I think was from HJ.

I'm probably biased but the best I ever saw was Coach Sims at HJ and I saw her ALOT.She averaged over 32 pts a game in a 4 year high school career and is currently 2nd on the all time scorers list at LU.Had there been a 3-pt line back in the day I don't think anyone would even be close.Girl could pull up from 20 ft and shoot the prettiest jumper you ever looked at.There wasn't a womens pro league at that time or she would have had a different proffession.

I'm probably biased but the best I ever saw was Coach Sims at HJ and I saw her ALOT.She averaged over 32 pts a game in a 4 year high school career and is currently 2nd on the all time scorers list at LU.Had there been a 3-pt line back in the day I don't think anyone would even be close.Girl could pull up from 20 ft and shoot the prettiest jumper you ever looked at.There wasn't a womens pro league at that time or she would have had a different proffession.

I heard the used actual peach baskets back then AND had a big net draped around the court...... ;D

I heard the used actual peach baskets back then AND had a big net draped around the court...... ;D

She would drape anything she could find around the court to keep from chasing the ball and we couldn't afford peach baskets ;D ;D

• 1 month later...

I would say LaQuan Stallworth was the best High School player in State of Texas that came through.  Then look at her accomplishments at Louisiana Tech and what they did.  If it wasn't for her they would have not made it to the Final Four.  3 Time Defensive Player of the Year, All American in High School and played overseas 4 yrs averaging 32 points a game in Israel, 20 in China, 18 in Russia, and 19 in Germany.  That girl was raw.

Next choice Teresa Witherspoon - Look what she did at Tech and in the WNBA and overseas and USA TEAM.

Next in line Tamicha Jackson.

I would say LaQuan Stallworth was the best High School player in State of Texas that came through.  Then look at her accomplishments at Louisiana Tech and what they did.  If it wasn't for her they would have not made it to the Final Four.  3 Time Defensive Player of the Year, All American in High School and played overseas 4 yrs averaging 32 points a game in Israel, 20 in China, 18 in Russia, and 19 in Germany.  That girl was raw.

Next choice Teresa Witherspoon - Look what she did at Tech and in the WNBA and overseas and USA TEAM.

Next in line Tamicha Jackson

I can think of a couple.  Theresa Witherspoon of West Sabine and Barbara Hickey of Orangefield.  One won a Olympic Gold Medal.  The other went Pro from Lamar.

Thanks for the props but my name shouldn't be on this list and I never went pro :)  I just got a job lol.. but thank you..

Teresa Weatherspoon gets my vote... I played against her twice and both times I was in awe of how good she was.  I "Thought" I had her trapped at half court once.  She did this little spin move and smiled at me as she threw a perfect pass from half court, behind her head, to Venus Lacey who was standing under the goal.  All I could do was shake her hand and say "great pass"..  So, thats my vote ;)

I would have to say Brandi McCain from Silsbee........

she was the shizzz back in the day........

She's the best female player I've ever seen in person. I don't see a lot of girls bb but I knew she was special when dayton and Silsbee used to be in the same district. I remember her shooting with both hands! Crazy!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami