Huffman's new stadium! - **New Pictures posted 6/26/09**

bobtex

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get to scrimmage at Huffman this year!  ;D

Date?

According to the Huffman isd website it's Thursday, August 20 with the 9th at 10am, JV at 11am and Varsity at 12pm

Groovy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was checking out the stadium on Saturday and notice some changes from the original plans. I was on the steering committee couple years back and have a question or two.  First it is a great improvement over what he had and anything would have been right? In the original masterplan was there not suppose to be two concession stands one in each endzone? What happen to putting chairbacks in the entire middle section of the home side? Pus why in the world if they are going to spend that much money don't they landscap it a little better? Some shrubs on the fenceline and that's  it? Heard they were over budget  and cutbacks were necessary. Don't know that to be true but just wondering. If we were going to spend that much money seems like do it right the first time.  ??? Just my take. Field house is really nice and heard weight room is crazy. Good job to the Coaches and former Coach that had a hand in designing it.  

Guest falcons93

I will say that looks to be a very nice facility. But I agree with etbu, why such a small section of chairbacks? It looks really out of place.

Dude all I read about your comments seem negative in some form. Stop it already!!!!

whats so negative about it? they should have put in chairback seats for that kind of money. i heard today that it wold have cost four hundred thousand to do that. that makes sense when you are spending fifteen million.  ???

Very nice complex to say the least.  It's nice to know that most school district's will drop some coin on their athletic facilities - Anahuac not being one of them, of course!  Besides new uniforms every 2 years, the home of the Panthers is basically the "land that time forgot!" 

I will say that looks to be a very nice facility. But I agree with etbu, why such a small section of chairbacks? It looks really out of place.

Dude all I read about your comments seem negative in some form. Stop it already!!!!

whats so negative about it? they should have put in chairback seats for that kind of money. i heard today that it wold have cost four hundred thousand to do that. that makes sense when you are spending fifteen million.  ???

I agree when ya look at it there is certainly a strange number of seats there!

whats so negative about it? they should have put in chairback seats for that kind of money. i heard today that it wold have cost four hundred thousand to do that. that makes sense when you are spending fifteen million.  ???

I agree when ya look at it there is certainly a strange number of seats there!

They are all bolted down to the bleachers. The board member that was against spending the additional money then comes up with the idea to sell these seats for one hundred dollars per season. Four tickets for the season? Four hondo's.  ??? Cheap real cheap and sleazy looking in my opinion. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu