21-3A (09-10)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe I ever said Silsbee DOESN'T have a setter coming up...I said they are in trouble unless they have one coming up. And I watched Silsbee and H-F play many games last year and H-F had good J.V. setters and Silsbee's was decent. The problem is both teams played a 5-1 on Varsity and had great setters on Varsity. It is completely different running a team on J.V. than Varsity. On Varsity you should be running quicks, shoots, and a lot of motion. Don't say these two J.V. teams did that b/c they didn't. I'm not saying a setter can't learn how do all of these things before the season (it doesn't really take long if she has good hands)...I'm saying if they don't...the teams could be in trouble. It's simple 4 good teams next year...three spots...I just picked OF, BC, and HF. Nothing against Silsbee...but they did lose a lot...but they are always capable of reloading.

Don't tell em mactiger. Let them figure it out next year. And yes this young lady is very talented a long with the rest of the team. With the best Vball coaches in this area Silsbee has a better than good chance to make the playoff.

I don't know what her name is but I believe she was number 8. She had a really good arm swing and great approach just pretty inconsistent (which is expected from freshmen). She's going to be very very good in time and I believe she'll have a great impact next year. With Emily Kosh setting her the ball...she'll be much much more consistent. Kosh will be next years outstanding setter.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I'm sure the four teams fighting for those three spots are working hard. I haven't seen anyone play this summer. I don't usually watch any volleyball during the summer months. All I can say right now is it's going to be BC, OF, HF, and Silsbee fighting for those three spots and my gut is telling me BC wins the district and HF is on the outside looking in. But I haven't seen anyone play. Season will soon be here and a lot of games to watch.

I can't get much out of summer league games either, don't get me wrong it's great practice, but all the kids aren't able to show up.....they have vacations, camps and other interest, imagine that.....ha......BC does have a great coach.....I'm going to wait til the season gets going before i start my predicitons, but one thing i do know is it's going to be fun watching it unfold.....i look forward to reading your postings.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bleed orange

I personally think there is no clear front runner. This will be a very balanced year. Could go down to the last week.

Silsbee this Silsbee that...aren't reporters supposed to be neutral...lol.I do not know how many Silsbee volleyball games you covered last year but they lost a lot of important pieces and had an extremely weak j.v. Now...they very well could have had a lot of young ladies sitting the bench on varsity (I only know of one that was a sophomore and she was pretty good). I've said it before and I've stated the reasons after breaking the teams down (look at earlier post) this will be a race between four teams for three spots. I believe BC will win the district because they were very young last year and always seem to play the smartest volleyball of all teams in the district. The other two spots between HF, OF, and Silsbee. Can HF and Silsbee replace their dominate hitters and great setters (both teams played a 5-1)? Is OF volleyball ready to take the next step in this district and be known as more than a basketball school?

It's should be a very fun year.

Again, Silsbee will dominate like they have always have. ;)

Who said I was a reporter and had to be neutral? I did not "cover" any volleyball games last year, much less Silsbee's.

I just know what I know. ;D

Oh, and Rizon, if you'll look real close, you can see I am a Silsbee Tiger. ;)

Guest bleed orange

Again, Silsbee will dominate like they have always have. ;)

Who said I was a reporter and had to be neutral? I did not "cover" any volleyball games last year, much less Silsbee's.

I just know what I know. ;D

Oh, and Rizon, if you'll look real close, you can see I am a Silsbee Tiger. ;)

Silsbee, and I repeat "Silsbee" will not dominate in any girl sports. They may do well in some but not dominate. ;D ;D ;D

Haha...I know you are a Silsbee Tiger...I thought you were a reporter though. I have to agree with BleedOrange...they will not dominate volleyball...might not even make the playoffs. They can throw the towel in for Basketball. They lost a lot in track. I'm not sure in softball but I do know they lost some Very important pieces. But this is about volleyball...should be a very fun year.