Lamar vs. Memphis Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Guest coachacola

I have to agree with you guys, it won't be close, especially with all the injuries.  Plus their guards are big which will make it even harder on Dawkins and McThay to score.

Guest coachacola

I think it will depend on how the threes fall. If we can shoot a high % I think we have a chance of keeping it within 10-15.

Live by the "three" die by the "three."

Lamar doesn't live by three this year, they are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the country.  Lamar is winning because they don't turn the ball over much, they draw fouls and are good from the line, and rebound.  They are actually a lot different from last year's team which really depended on jump shots and 3-pointers.

Because Lamar is undersized and can't go crazy with 3-pointers they don't do well against quick, athletic teams like Memphis, Kentucky or Louisville.  Those teams can deny McThay and Dawkins which really throws off Lamar's offense.  That's why I think it's very important to get Williams and Harper as much playing time as possible.  If they can stay healthy the rest of the year then Lamar will be a lot better come tourney time.

Kentucky (with their big guards) was proof enough for me that LU will struggle to get shots off from the perimeter and LU may not live and die by the three against Mids and the other chumps that they have played, but against quality teams like Memphis, they need to get and hit open looks from outside because they won't score alot down low!

However I don't see it being as bad as Kentucky because the WOW factor won't be as bad.

Memphis 88

Lamar    68

Guest tigersvoice

lamar can play with memphis.not sure if they will but the talent is there.memphis 85 lamar 72.its time for lamar to win a big game.

NO WAY

Yes, WAY - but admittedly it's a WAAAAAAYYYYYYY long shot.

Guest tigersvoice

lamar can play with memphis.not sure if they will but the talent is there.memphis 85 lamar 72.its time for lamar to win a big game.

NO WAY

OKay, let me say it in another way for clarity. Impossible in 2009!!

Oh.  Now I know what you mean. ;D

Guest coachacola

NO WAY

It's not impossible.  Pomeroy gives Lamar a 2% chance of beating Memphis.  ;)

NO WAY

Aren't you the same guy that said they couldn't beat Tech?

NO WAY

Aren't you the same guy that said they couldn't beat Tech?

Texas Tech? I don't think so. Tech is weak.

NO WAY

i said, can play with.i didnt say beat.

I can get high schoolers to "play" just a game.  You don't compete to play. You compete to win. This reminds me of parents who go around saying "sports isn't all that important." But you later find out their kids are taking private lessons in baseball, basketball, etc; to get better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami