*Hardin-Jefferson (13-3) @ East Chambers (1-11) Updates/HJ ROLLS!!!*

KFDM COOP

Something about that record for the Bucs just looks backwards.They probably have a new found respect for Tramain these days in Winnie  :-\ :-\ :-\

I don't think there is a new found respect for Tramain, the respect never was lost.  Anytime a team graduates its starting team, you have to expect a down year.  EC will recover.

Anytime you graduate 8 seniors off of a 2A basketball team, it is going to be a rebuilding year.  They lost 2 of the best athletes in SETX off of their squad, Tramain and Vance.  Give Coach Andrews a year with all of those underclassmen and they will right back to where they were.  They have a varsity loaded with underclassmen and a tremendous class comming up from the 8th grade.

Guest ECBucFan

They probably have a new found respect for Tramain these days in Winnie  :-\ :-\ :-\

Like CardinalFan said, there is no need for "new found respect for TT" in Winnie. TT was admired and appreciated for 4 whole years.

Guest ECBucFan

tramain isnt the only buc missing maybe they miss the coach

Again, CardinalFan is correct, "That is not a fair statement to put on the current EC Coach." Daniel Andrews does not deserve reckless statements like "EC is missing the former coach". The record simply does not reflect the quality of Coach Andrews. He is working with what he has available to him at the moment. Can't ask anything more.

As for Hargraves, he did a fine job at EC, but he left at a curious time, didn't he?   

Guest nostradamus

If I am not mistaken one of the rules on this forum is that there will be no bashing of coaches!

Coach Andrews is and will do fine at EC.  There are many factors that go into running a successful program and having experienced varsity players is just one of the many aspects that are a necessary ingredient for success.  If you don't know the details of the whole situation you shouldn't comment........actually, you shouldn't comment anyway! 

East Chambers is just "licking their chops" waiting on their 8th grade class to be freshmen next year.  I would not be surprised if a couple of them will be starting on the varsity squad for both football and basketball.  Those kids are that special as a group and will be very difficult to stop by the time they are seniors.

If I am not mistaken one of the rules on this forum is that there will be no bashing of coaches!

Coach Andrews is and will do fine at EC.  There are many factors that go into running a successful program and having experienced varsity players is just one of the many aspects that are a necessary ingredient for success.  If you don't know the details of the whole situation you shouldn't comment........actually, you shouldn't comment anyway! 

I didn't think they were bashing the coach...they were giving reasons of why they thought EC is 1-12.  Losing a lot of players, new coach. All could be factors. 

Guest ECBucFan

East Chambers is just "licking their chops" waiting on their 8th grade class to be freshmen next year.  I would not be surprised if a couple of them will be starting on the varsity squad for both football and basketball.  Those kids are that special as a group and will be very difficult to stop by the time they are seniors.

Man, I hope not! I want them to have a full chance to physically mature some, before facing 250lb 18 year olds. Their time is coming...but I don't want to rush it, let em' grow into it. They will be very, very, good.

Ec is not as bad as their record shows. Their record should be atleast 9-3 with their only true losses coming from H-J twice and Gladewater Sabine once. Most of the teams they have played they have been winning and the games have been close but the kids just do not know how to finish a game. This probably coming from their lack in experience from all the underclassman they have. As for Coach Andrews he is doing a great job and is teaching the kids to never give up and play with everything they have. When distric comes along they will be just fine and look for them to make the playoffs

Ec is not as bad as their record shows. Their record should be atleast 9-3 with their only true losses coming from H-J twice and Gladewater Sabine once. Most of the teams they have played they have been winning and the games have been close but the kids just do not know how to finish a game. This probably coming from their lack in experience from all the underclassman they have. As for Coach Andrews he is doing a great job and is teaching the kids to never give up and play with everything they have. When distric comes along they will be just fine and look for them to make the playoffs

WOW!!! I don't know how you can possibly spin a 1-11 record into a 9-3 one. That my friend, is really, really reaching. ::)

Guest Bucman08

who are you talking about

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont