Red Raiders Lose on Road to Tough Cardinals Team

Guest mffl

Tech short handed  ::).

Wow...Check the stats. LU played 8 players. Harper, Nwevo, even Nabors. Sure would be nice to have them as well.

If Nwevo is not well soon, why not redshirt him this year? then we go into 2009-2010 with Nabors, Nwevo and Custer at the 4-5 spots.

We don't need to red shirt Nwevo.  We will need his Scholarship next year.

I was thinking the same thing... but he is a hard worker. I think he will bring nothing but help this year once he returns.

Guest coachacola

UT and LSU have played Lamar in the Montagne Center so those types of teams occasionally do come here.  It'd be nice if they played here more regularly.  With Coach Roc scheduling more big name schools I wouldn't be surprised if more high-profile schools come to Beaumont soon.  Oklahoma State just played at Corpus Christi yesterday so I don't see any reason why Lamar can't get more Big XII or SEC schools at home.

UT and LSU have played Lamar in the Montagne Center so those types of teams occasionally do come here.  It'd be nice if they played here more regularly.  With Coach Roc scheduling more big name schools I wouldn't be surprised if more high-profile schools come to Beaumont soon.  Oklahoma State just played at Corpus Christi yesterday so I don't see any reason why Lamar can't get more Big XII or SEC schools at home.

Shoot, I forgot about LSU. Talking about a near sell-out.

Remind me when Texas and LSU last came to Montagne...

And to get a Big 12, SEC or whatever school -- you are going to have to do a 2 for 1 deal. That's how SHSU, Lamar, NWST, Centenary and company all got deals with Texas Tech.

Sometimes, it helps when "one gets away" as there are coaches who want to play games in the hometown of members of their team. That has opened up some windows for teams that may not get a visit from XXX school.

SHSU's best OOC home match-ups in terms of name schools in the last five years have been Fresno State, Southern Miss and Texas Tech. You guys have had, what? Wyoming, BYU and Texas Tech? We're both doing fairly decent compared to the rest of the group.

Remind me when Texas and LSU last came to Montagne...

And to get a Big 12, SEC or whatever school -- you are going to have to do a 2 for 1 deal. That's how SHSU, Lamar, NWST, Centenary and company all got deals with Texas Tech.

Sometimes, it helps when "one gets away" as there are coaches who want to play games in the hometown of members of their team. That has opened up some windows for teams that may not get a visit from XXX school.

SHSU's best OOC home match-ups in terms of name schools in the last five years have been Fresno State, Southern Miss and Texas Tech. You guys have had, what? Wyoming, BYU and Texas Tech? We're both doing fairly decent compared to the rest of the group.

Memphis, Mississippi, Hawaii, Witchita st, Air Force..

We haven't played any of these schools at home recently with the exception of Air Force, who was 5 years ago.

I think you could also add Oral Roberts to the list and Rice, along with UH 4 seasons ago.

We keep beating the Big 12 schools that do play us at home and none of them will want to play us at home!

I would think that we could get Baylor here and UH as well. I know LT is not very good right now, but I think that could be a nice draw because of the old rivalry. Same with ULL, which I suspect will be coming in here next year. I would like to see a return on all these Memphis games one of these days, though it will probably never hapen.

TCU would be a fair draw as well and it seems like Billy could help make that happen. I thought we might get a 2 for 1 with OU at some point with Billy's connections, but it never happened.

I'd like to see us drop down to 2 DII and DIII chumps and replace those with at the least local SWAC. Or better yet UA-LR for better competition.

teams for roc to consider a home/home-utep,ut pan am,smu,uh,rice(again),tcu,ul-l,la tech,uno,tulane,unt,ulm,tulsa,ualr.theres plenty of mid-majors that would draw good crowds.playing the big boys is great but if there not willing to come to bmt-screw em.maybe play one for some $$$ but if enough mids go this route things would change.

We haven't played any of these schools at home recently with the exception of Air Force, who was 5 years ago.

I think you could also add Oral Roberts to the list and Rice, along with UH 4 seasons ago.

It's very difficulty to get a big basketball school to come play here.  And I would imagine it is equally difficult to get one to got to SHSU.  The big schools don't want to risk a loss like that.  They'll be more than glad to play you on their homecourt because they know they have a much better chance at beating you.  Question, when is the last time a Big East team played here?  I believe it was Villanova back in the 80's..the year after they won a national championship.  We beat the crud out of them and haven't been able to get a big east team since.  What about the ACC?  I don't know if one has ever played here.  Or the PAC 10???  The only ones we really have a shot at playing are Big 12 and SEC because of their proximity...and they don't want to come here and get beat.  Now that we beat Tech we'll probably have to do a 10-1 swap to get a Big 12 school to come here again unless we already have one under contract.

Guest coachacola

USC played a home and home with Lamar several years back (maybe in the '90s)

I didn't know that so I looked it up.  LU beat USC in 1994 in Beaumont 80-78 and USC won the next year in LA 76-72.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124