**Scrimmage Scores And Comments Here (updated)**

I heard that the coach pointed a certain finger in his face, I heard that a player from montg. hit a dayton player late, then a dayton player hit him, the usaul scrimmage activities, whats a scrimmage if a skirmish or 2 doesn't break out

Thats daytons version, so who knows, If our middle linebacker hit him i bet he's still hurting, he laid the wood a couple of times last night

Lumberton out scored BH 3-1 in a complete controled scrimmage tonight @ BH. If you break it down Lumberton outscored our 2nd team 2-0 with two 70 yard pass receptions for TD,s while the 1 st teams tied 1-1. Both first teams had long slow drives. BH looks slopy on offense but the Defense looked good. Lumbertons Offense looked pretty slopy as well with the Defense being much better. Over all it was a good practice and I can't wait to see if BH is going to be any good or not. From the two scimmages it would seem the BH will struggle this year, but they are just scrimmages and we will see next week as we open up against #20 in 3A Wharton how good we are.

Trying to figure out why the Hill is down?

I dont know either???? our Coaches are very conservative and the play calling for the past years have been disapointing at best. I'm hoping to see somthing next week. I didn't see the WOS scrimmage, but the scrimmage tonight was definitly a practice more than a game. I hope next week we see something or its going to be a long year!!!! It's hard to tell ho is out their on the field for BH because as you have seen they wear practice jerseys during the scrimmage. For all I know freshman could be out their. Again next week we will see what BH is all about Wharton will be a good benchmark.

Actually LCM's First team outscored BC's first 1-0, then LCM's 2nd outscored BC's 2nd 1-0, then the Bears put in a 3rd team while BC kept most of the 2's only because of depth. BC 2-0.

In 1 quarter of game situation it was 0-0.

LCM look pretty good considering all the experts predicting a blow out.

Taylor F #31 broke a few long runs and P. Driver completed some nice passes to one of the best receivers in the area J. Thomas

BC needs to find someone besides Dishon or they are going to wear this kid out, he probably carried it at least 70% of the time.

LCM defense look good, swarmed to the ball.

Controlled scrimmage: Shepherd 1 Warren1

Game scrimmage:Warren 13 Shepherd 7

Still lots of kids hurt for Warren.Tonight they were missing their best running back and still have their linebackers out.The young guys taking their place are looking pretty good.My biggest concern was the O/line but they have played very well so far.Granger was on the money tonight.Overall a pretty good final tuneup for both clubs.

not true..bc 2nd team scored back to back on lcm 2nd team then lcm 2nd scored on bc 2nd then lcm scored one on our 1st team in. we controlled the live quarter, we missed a kick and had a few penalties that really set us back. lcm didnt cross their own 45 in the quarter. overall it was a pretty decent test for us considering the numbers of a 4a vs 3a school. a lot of our kids have to go 2 ways and hardly any if none had to go two ways for lcm. they have a solid group of kids and should win some games in that district. dishon didnt carry the ball nearly as much as you said...i'd say around 45 or 50 percent..i think our 2nd qb and 1st tb had as many touches as he did.

Scrimmages are over boys!!! now we can get down to some football. No more speculating on who's first team was out against who's sencond team and so on. Next week is for real and good luck to all the teams, it's going to be a fun year.

Next week will be a true test for the EAGLES. One thing is for sure. I hope the guys can play both ways in 4-A because we have no depth. If we are growing so much out here and moving up in class it makes me wonder were the depth is. Oh well it should be interesting to say the least.

WO-S made it to state in 4A with 28 players on the roster. It can be done.

On another topic, WO-S star and UT commit Earl Thomas had a stellar night (playing just 2 and a half quarters) with these stats:

56 yards on two carries

four receptions for 151 yards

I'm glad Earl decided to come BACK to WO-S after that one year as a (shudder) bear. :D

Guest Alltheway08

I thought Lumberton was gonna get beat by BH????? Yea we looked sloppy the first drive but we came out on top and thats what matters...give Ltown some respect...

I hope people do not get too caught up in these scrimmages. What happens in "preseason" means nothing. I am sure a lot of coaches are experimenting with different kids. A score against a 2nd team is great for scrimmages but not reality on most Friday nights.

Guest Alltheway08

well...they scored on the first and second team...and thats the whole point in a scrimmage is to see different people at different positions...so just like every other team they were switching people out to...so thats not a very good excuse...

well...they scored on the first and second team...and thats the whole point in a scrimmage is to see different people at different positions...so just like every other team they were switching people out to...so thats not a very good excuse...

No excuses here!!! A scrimmage exspecially a controlled one just don't show you enough to claim victory over a team . Lumberton had a lot of fumbles/turnovers that in a real game could set up another team for a quick score. BH was also on the 3 yard line with a first down and time expired and was turned back over to Lumberton. Again no disrespect to Lumberton and congrats on the win theres just to many varibles in a scrimmage like this to get a feal who would have beat who in a real game. Goodluck Lumberton on your season 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83