*Central vs. Friendswood Quarterfinal Updates/Friendswood Escapes*

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DME -- BUT it will be Friendswood (the Regional Champions) who will playing next week!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Typical Houston area team fan... arrogant and  classless!!!!  I had a few other choice words for you but they were edited out. >:( >:(

Couldn't be prouder of Central.  Yall had an excellent run in my opinion were the better team tonight.  Yall have nothing to be ashamed of.  Friendswood will get there a**** handed to them next week vs. Lake Travis.

The game should have been settled on the field between kids and coaches, not by refs favoring a certain team for whatever reason.

Couldn't be prouder of Central.  Yall had an excellent run in my opinion were the better team tonight.  Yall have nothing to be ashamed of.  Friendswood will get there a**** handed to them next week vs. Lake Travis.

The game should have been settled on the field between kids and coaches, not by refs favoring a certain team for whatever reason.

What happened?

Guest Brubaker

Horsecollar Penalty for Central. DANG Penalties keeps putting Friendswood in good field position. Settle down Jags!

Is there even a horse collar penalty in high school????

Ya'll got to many moderators using all the available bandwidth to tell people to "stay on topic" Lighten up oh powerful moderator

Matt, this topic was about the Central/Friendswood game, not the OU/Mizzou game or Ala/Fla game. If you want to talk about those games, we have provided other threads for you to do so. Lets keep on topic with the current thread. Thanks.

The Regional Chmpion is FRIENDSWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good bye Central.  Thanks for playing!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

you come on the site, make childish comments, then act offended when people rip into you.  listening to the game, it sounded like Friendswood was gifted this game by the officials, and that's not even considering the possible fumble at the end of the game.  i guess friendswood is just the most disciplined team in the state.

It's obvious to me, just listening to the game, that the announcers (who were obviously favoring Friendswood) were even suprised at the fumble recovery being called dead at the end of the game. They thought that it was gonna be a Central TD, and then the Jags would be the ones going to the semi's not your Mustangs. Show a little class, Friendswood Fan, you are the ones who will be gettin it handed to ya next week. PODNAH! ;D

It was clearly not a fumble.  And, but for a Friendswood fumble at the goal, it would have been a bigger lead at the end.  Central played great the first half, Friendswood played great the second half, and Friendswood won.  End of story!

I heard just the opposite. I spoke to some fans after the game who said that the RB lost the ball before his knee was down. Clearly, it was a fumble. But, it is what it is. Good luck next week Mustang fan....I predict Lake Travis to win by........5 TD's!

Guest tigersvoice

It was clearly not a fumble.  And, but for a Friendswood fumble at the goal, it would have been a bigger lead at the end.  Central played great the first half, Friendswood played great the second half, and Friendswood won.  End of story!

For clarity, how do YOU know that it clearly was not a fumble?

One team being called over and over, while the the team gets no calls against them. There were no calls against friendswood while Central

lost at least 170 yards in penalties in just the second half. Everytime Central made a big play, there were the flags.

First I would like to congrats FW on a win and with that bieng said it must be nice to have the men in stripes on your side. If anyone was at the game like I was know with out any doubt that was clearly a fumble and a central towndown and even before that it was made sure that central was not going to make a game winning drive on that last serious in which they even came up with a fake face mask call that killed a drive that the jags was clearly going on. Thanks jags for a great season and its really hard for me to know how guys must feel at this time but thanks for all the hardwork and thru a long hard season.

P.S. Everyone FW fan should send a dozen roses each to the refs on a great game called for them....

You guys are the sorest losers I have ever seen.  The QB was clearly down before the ball came out -- which is why 2 or 3 different refs called it at the same time.  Friendswood got flagged plenty of times for more than 50 years in pnalties so spare us the "the refs robbed us" whine.  The penalties Central got were well deserved -- the bif facemask penaty was clearly a facemask.  Not one of you has offered any congratulations to the FHS team.  That's really pathetic.  Your team lost -- get over it!!!!!!  

You guys are the sorest losers I have ever seen.  The QB was clearly down before the ball came out -- which is why 2 or 3 different refs called it at the same time.  Friendswood got flagged plenty of times for more than 50 years in pnalties so spare us the "the refs robbed us" whine.  The penalties Central got were well deserved -- the bif facemask penaty was clearly a facemask.  Not one of you has offered any congratulations to the FHS team.  That's really pathetic.  Your team lost -- get over it!!!!!!  

This is not a blame ref forum. People here take a loss to their favorite team and wish the best for the winner. There were

something not honest in this game. I think you know it judging by your behavior. I'm sure everyone can take a loss by friendswood, but not as loss

to the officials. It ruins the game for everyone...

Good season Jags, I figured this game would be closer than what people were saying.  Hard fought to the end.  Sounds like the Central D took care of business but the O and special teams left too many points out on the field.  Don't throw the we got jobbed by the refs...they call what they see.  It is frustrating when they make the game more about themselves then the kids who are playing it but there's nothing you can do about it.  It would have been a much better match-up next week had you been able to pull it out.  Central would probably play a tighter game with Travis...stout D against a GREAT offense with Central's run game controlling the clock.  Good season though Jags...you deserve to pat yourselves on the back.

Game stats:

Fwood      Central

Total yards       334          307

First downs        15            17

Rushes/Yds    31/187      45/267

Average rush     6.03         5.93

Comp/Atts       11/21        3/11

Pass yards        147           40

Comp pct         52.38       27.27

Punts                 2             4

Punting Yards      90          139

Punting Average   45        34.75

Fumbles/Lost      1/1          1/0

Penalties-yards   5-55        8-75

Now how were the penalties so lopsided?  Unless you were sitting on the home side, you wouldn't have had a clear view of the "fumble" were the Karam was correctly ruled down immediately by the officials.  Great game Central, but it was the Fwood D that stopped you on 4 consecutive possessions in the 2nd half that sealed the win for Fwood.  I'm sure Angleton thought they were the better team last week after missing 3 xp's and taking a 1pt loss.  That's football -- quit whining Central fans.

Good season Jags, I figured this game would be closer than what people were saying.  Hard fought to the end.  Sounds like the Central D took care of business but the O and special teams left too many points out on the field.  Don't throw the we got jobbed by the refs...they call what they see.  It is frustrating when they make the game more about themselves then the kids who are playing it but there's nothing you can do about it.  It would have been a much better match-up next week had you been able to pull it out.  Central would probably play a tighter game with Travis...stout D against a GREAT offense with Central's run game controlling the clock.  Good season though Jags...you deserve to pat yourselves on the back.

I would agree with you 99.9% of the time, this time Central got jobbed...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    assfff
    Newest Member
    assfff