PNG??????

tupac7

Coach of the year last year. Helps get a great facility approved. Has a tremendous record. Has coached there 22 years. You fire him during a hurricane season. You guys are pathetic. This man devoted his life to PNG football, and you threw him out with the trash. I can't remember the last time nederland went to the state finals, but i can sure remember the last time PNG did. With all that said, I hope you find what you are looking for........but beware.......this almost always comes back to bite you in the rear.

Coach of the year last year. Helps get a great facility approved. Has a tremendous record. Has coached there 22 years. You fire him during a hurricane season. You guys are pathetic. This man devoted his life to PNG football, and you threw him out with the trash. I can't remember the last time nederland went to the state finals, but i can sure remember the last time PNG did. With all that said, I hope you find what you are looking for........but beware.......this almost always comes back to bite you in the rear.

Well said.

Guest gladiator2

People, quit using the facility as something Burnett did. The community voted for the stadium,the new schools, and repairs to the existing schools. Their may be other valid comments made about Burnett but using the stadium as something he did is absolutely wrong. If you are not on the school board or at meetings that are open to the public than I don't think you know too much about what involvement Burnett had with the new stadium. The answer is absolutely nothing.

We didnt throw him out with the trash, hes got a new position with more money and hes still involved with athletics just not the HC position, the tie to move up and on with the program is coming now maybe we can get caught up with the rest of the state, i love all these outsiders coming in giving their opinion on our coaching change probably the ones that loved beating us this year! And as a taxpaying citizen of PNG and a loyal season ticket holder i can gripe all i want.

We didnt throw him out with the trash, hes got a new position with more money and hes still involved with athletics just not the HC position, the tie to move up and on with the program is coming now maybe we can get caught up with the rest of the state, i love all these outsiders coming in giving their opinion on our coaching change probably the ones that loved beating us this year! And as a taxpaying citizen of PNG and a loyal season ticket holder i can gripe all i want.

Its over he is gone we will again see better days for our tax base and loyal fans.

I dont remember seeing too many MB supporters leading up to last night. Now they are going to start coming out the woodworks.  ???

Ridiculous post....MB did not bring the new stadium to PNG....the taxpayers voted for that. EVERYONE wanted a new stadium.  Coach Burnett is a good man and will continue to be a BIG part of PNG athletics.  It amazes me that so many MB bashers are coming out of the woodworks now to support him.  Could it be fear?  Could it be that they are afraid that PNG will get a top notch coach and whip butt next year?  Hmm.......sounds more like envy  to me.  The INDIANS will be back, you can count on that!

I dont remember seeing too many MB supporters leading up to last night. Now they are going to start coming out the woodworks.  ???

Maybe the guilt trips are starting??

MB will not stay. You can say all you want about the new postion, and the money that he will make. Bottom line he has one year left on his contract, so they had to do something or buy him out. PNG is to cheap to buy out the contract, so you reassign the man to a postion and hope he leaves on his own so you don't have to pay him. I am not a png supporter or a mb supporter. I am solely looking at the facts from an outside view. If you take in account everthing that he has done, you basically threw one of your own under the bus, which usually leads to turmoil inside the program.

96-64 record in 15 years. Made the playoffs in 6 out of 15 years with three teams going.

66-57 in the 12 years without D. Long. Made the playoffs 4 out of those 12 seasons.

If your team went to the playoffs 4 times in 12 years you would have run the HC out of town on a rail!

I hear rumors that he will be on staff at LU coaching the D Line after next year when his contract runs out, which is what he excelled at. That would be a great move for both parties.

These folks are one of two things:

1. There were many Burnett supporters within the PNG community, and maybe it is them speaking up now.

2. Or is it, the outsiders that knew every play we were running before it was called. If I were you I wouldn't want to see him go either. Maybe some remember last time we sank to this level what happened when we brought in a whole sale change. But no need to worry yet, we will have to wait and see if the powers to be hire the right man( and he will apply).

I feel its a little of both.

I hear rumors that he will be on staff at LU coaching the D Line after next year when his contract runs out, which is what he excelled at. That would be a great move for both parties.

I could see that. That would make a lot of sense for him if defense is really what he would rather coach. I hope you are hearing correctly.

MB will not stay. You can say all you want about the new postion, and the money that he will make. Bottom line he has one year left on his contract, so they had to do something or buy him out. PNG is to cheap to buy out the contract, so you reassign the man to a postion and hope he leaves on his own so you don't have to pay him. I am not a png supporter or a mb supporter. I am solely looking at the facts from an outside view. If you take in account everthing that he has done, you basically threw one of your own under the bus, which usually leads to turmoil inside the program.

Actually he got a 4 yr extention on his contract after the 07 season,he is guaranteed 4 more years so i dont think he will leave. but anyway im looking forward to a new coach to bring back the excitement, why stop there bring back BANZAI and the G-CREW

If I were MB I would Try to land the HC/AD job at the new 5th Humble I.S.D.high school named Summer Creek in Atascosita and start a new tradition from the ground up.The ads just went out for the brand new school.I am sure the pay is considerably larger.The man deserved better than what was offered on the table.Then if Humble made him an offer,I would send the board a doz.black roses and a dear john letter saying I have found another love and leaving you to fend for yourselves and taking my staff w/me.

God forbid any of you guys favorite HS team ever fire your HC!

I love all of these people from outside this district who have not seen PNG play in years and just assume he was "DONE WRONG".  The guy had one great season and you all thaught he was Lombardi. He had maybe the best HS QB this area has ever seen that season and the QB and the offense was being coached by his father. MB had nothing to do with that offense. He did what he does best and coached the defense and let Mike do his thing. I saw it first hand.

Without Dustin MB won just barely over 50% of the time. They made 4 playoff appearences in 12 years around the D. Long years. Imagine if WOS or Nederland or Newton went to the playoffs 4 times in the next 12 years. Gone would be Hooks, Neuman, and Barbay.

Like it or not the board made the right call. It was time for a change of philosophy and if MB was not going to adjust then the change needed to be made at the top. I said many times on this board that I would like for MB to stay and make the neccessary changes at the OC and at other areas and allow those coaches the freedom to do what they felt was best for the talent they had, because MB was purple through and through, but it just wasn't going to happen.

Guest rykerx144

I just moved to Groves about six months ago.  When my wife and I found a place to live in Groves I was excited about the move because Im very much a High School Football fan.  I have heard nothing but great things about PNG since I can remember.  Since I have moved here I have not been real impressed with the atmosphere and the football program in general.  I assume this is not normal because this is not the kinda of stuff I have heard about your program all these years.  I dont really know why I am writing this or what message im trying to relay but please understand I am not trying to bash your program.  I am merely just giving you the honest opinion of a new member to your district. I hope things do improve for your program because I have three children that I plan on raising here and I look forward to finding out what the phrase bleeding purple is all about!

I think what ryker is saying just solidifies why MB is not the "Head of the Tirbe" anymore. Those outside the district don't realize it, but from the Middle Schools on up something has been amiss the past 5 or 6 years. Those of us that attend every game see it. We realize that change is needed sooner rather than later.

Are you a member of the PN-G community? If not, then sthu. All of you outsiders need to worry about your own. PN-G has made the playoffs only 3 times this decade. That is not going to cut it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317