LCM's Jake Rowell

Former "Battlin' Bear" Jake Rowell has signed to play for the University of Arkansas Little-Rock next year. Congratulations to Jake and his family. He was such a hard worker and fun player to watch in high school. I wish him the best of luck.

Congratulations, Jake. I've had a chance to meet and learn about Jake the short time that my son has been @ Angelina this year. This kid has a bright future. He has talent and is driven to succeed like few others. I wish him the best of luck. 

• 1 month later...

Can he throw now or will he have to DH? Coming out of LCM he signed with McNeese but since he couldnt get the ball to 2nd without a cut off man he chose to DH at a Juco. Hopefully his arm has had time to recover. Good luck Jake.

Was that really the reason?

Quite a harsh statement from a fellow bear eh? I believe Jake DH'd and played the field quite a bit last year for a good team. So yes, I take it he can throw now. From what I heard, he signed to play 3rd for Little Rock. It seems like people have never gotten off this kid's back. Either that, or it's jealousy. Geez

JAKE ROWELL

5-11, 190 lbs., INF // Orange, Texas (Angelina College)

As a freshman at Angelina College, Rowell hit .347 with eight home runs and 34 RBI to help lead the Roadrunners to a 34-18 record. A prep standout at Little Cypress-Mauriceville HS, Rowell batted .548 with 11 homers and 52 RBI as a senior to earn First Team All-State and Southeast Texas most valuable player honors. In addition, Rowell was named First Team All-District, All-Orange Leader and Super Gold Team for three-consecutive seasons. The 5-11 infielder chose UALR over TCU, Texas State and Sam Houston State.

Angelina head coach Jeff Livin on Rowell: “Jake is one of the hardest workers I have ever had. He is a great all-around kid that is very versatile. He is a middle of a line-up guy with a great mentality and approach.â€

Norwood on Rowell: “Jake is a left-handed stick with some big time thump in it.  He is a relentless worker and comes from a great junior college program.â€

• 1 month later...

Can he throw now or will he have to DH? Coming out of LCM he signed with McNeese but since he couldnt get the ball to 2nd without a cut off man he chose to DH at a Juco. Hopefully his arm has had time to recover. Good luck Jake.

DaBears is no LC-M Bear fan...they are Brenham Cub bootlickers...hence the disrespect...

DaBears (AKA Brenham fan/employee) (AKA Duckcommander) (AKA I should put your name and embarrass you)

I know from reading this post and recalling your old ones that Jake Rowell is a much better man than you.  He would never post derogatory things about someone in public forum.

I know you are upset that in the last two decades we have knocked the Brenham Cubs out of the playoffs four times, but don't be bitter.  Hey you guys have ended our season four times as well during that same span.  No hard feelings.  No reason to be a horses rear.  Jut a friendly rivalry.  No need to make it an unfriendly one. 

See you in four weeks.

Quite a harsh statement from a fellow bear eh? I believe Jake DH'd and played the field quite a bit last year for a good team. So yes, I take it he can throw now. From what I heard, he signed to play 3rd for Little Rock. It seems like people have never gotten off this kid's back. Either that, or it's jealousy. Geez

He also played all summer in the MINK league with the Clarinda, Iowa A's.

Jake is doing just fine.

I am a little confused ???   Is Da Bears ripping Rowel or referring to an injury?  I took it that he was refering to an injury and not ripping the young man.  He even later references an injury.

Was Jake injured or not?

Good Luck Jake.

I think he/she was really asking about an injury....just the wording was a little odd.

I am a little confused ???   Is Da Bears ripping Rowel or referring to an injury?  I took it that he was refering to an injury and not ripping the young man.  He even later references an injury.

Was Jake injured or not?

Good Luck Jake.

I think he/she was really asking about an injury....just the wording was a little odd.

Wrong.  DaBears was trying say Jake did not throw well in high school.  He has referred to this before in posts at the time Jake was being recruited.  His throwing is much improved now.  He worked hard on it in high school and has worked hard on it since.  DaBears is no bear. He is should change name to DaCubs.  Has been disrespectful before and will be again.  He needs to get a head baseball coaching job down the road.  He has all the answers.

My understanding as to why Jake went to Angelina instead of McNeese was because the (head) coach who recruited him left.

Was Jake injured or not?

Good Luck Jake.

Wrong.  DaBears was trying say Jake did not throw well in high school.  He has referred to this before in posts at the time Jake was being recruited.  His throwing is much improved now.  He worked hard on it in high school and has worked hard on it since.  DaBears is no bear. He is should change name to DaCubs.  Has been disrespectful before and will be again.  He needs to get a head baseball coaching job down the road.  He has all the answers.

Got it. With that said, Jake will be catching "JR" this year @ AC....makes me a big Jake fan.....among several other reasons. From what I've seen, ain't nothing wrong w/ Jake. Bright future for this kid. Talent, big heart and desire, and just a good, level-headed young man.  Maybe 'JR' should "hang" out w/ him a little more.  ;)

Go 'Runners !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder